Goodbye Jesus

Flaws in Christian Salvation design

scotter

Yeah. And God then encompasses evil, bad, infinity but also the finite, the limited, God becomes death too, Hell is him, the Devil is him. God would be omnipresent and missing. He would be omnipotent and impotent. He would be pansophic and ignorant. Very conflicting attributes indeed.

You may be on to something there! :wink:

:grin: HanSolo, all I was saying is that every discipline, phylums, whatever have subsets... where each and every one of them individually and uniquely define its label to some degree, of which they are attributed under. It is under this label that all things follow its label's rules.

Just because there are circles and squares and paralell lines, does not mean that the word 'geometry' has no meaning. They define geometry to some degree, and follow its rules. IF there are other incidences, such as 'intersecting paralell lines', there is still another 'label' that encompasses them both... maybe it's 'Mathematics'? IDK, I'm sure you know more of the specifics, I'm just speaking of generalities.

I am curious to know, and you might know, what the label is that encompasses the living AND nonliving matter, that also encompasses all the disciplines, theories, philosophies, and such too? What is the ultimate label for everything?

:thanks:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Celsus

• SkepticOfBible

What is the ultimate label for everything? 

Everything. :shrug:

Mathematics may cover both geometric figures and parallel lines, but it doesn't cover The Merry Wives of Windsor or baked beans. It's still a definition that places itself in contrast with other concepts. Math isn't literature. Math isn't food. If math were literature, food, and frilly panties, and everything in the universe, than math as a concept would be meaningless.

See?

I am curious to know, and you might know, what the label is that encompasses the living AND nonliving matter, that also encompasses all the disciplines, theories, philosophies, and such too? What is the ultimate label for everything? 

:scratch: What about... The Ultimate Everything? :grin:

This is how the Pantheist see God. That he is everything, living and non-living matter.

While Theism see God as a being, an individual, an entity with his own agenda, separate from the non-living and living matter. God is the spirit and life force, but not necessarely the creatures and the particles.

So what you are describing with the "Geometry God", you are describing a form of Pantheism.

:scratch: What about... The Ultimate Everything? :grin:

This is how the Pantheist see God. That he is everything, living and non-living matter.

While Theism see God as a being, an individual, an entity with his own agenda, separate from the non-living and living matter. God is the spirit and life force, but not necessarely the creatures and the particles.

So what you are describing with the "Geometry God", you are describing a form of Pantheism.

Main Entry: pan·the·ism

Pronunciation: 'pan(t)-thE-"i-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French panthéisme, from panthéiste pantheist, from English pantheist, from pan- + Greek theos god

1 : a doctrine that equates God with the forces and laws of the universe

Now of course, the dilemma lies in defining 'God'.... :scratch:

What is the ultimate label for everything? 

Oh, come on, this is too easy!

It's 42!

:lmao:

Now of course, the dilemma lies in defining 'God'....  :scratch:

Correct.

That's why a Naturalist or a Deist or a Wicca can talk about God, but mean totally different things.

To me the word "God", pretty much is a reference to something that have to be beyond our understanding. This "God", this it, can be conscious or not, have a purpose or not, have powers or not. If it's beyond our understanding, then we can't understand it. We can't give it any kind of properties, attributes or characterization.

It's like having a box that is locked, and you don't know what is in it. But all of a sudden, your best friend decides that the box contains gold coins. You are reluctant to agree to that, because you can lift the box, and gold coins are really heavy, and also, when you shake the box, there's no rattling.

Your friend explains that there is a force in the box that makes the coins superlight (anti-gravity forces), and their embedded in soft bird feathers. So that explaines why you can't hear them or feel the weight.

It's up to you. Is there some magical gold coins in the box, or not?

It's up to you. Is there some magical gold coins in the box, or not?

:grin: HanSolo, I agree, your right about God... we don't know what 'it' is. That is because what we access defines it, and we don't know what everything is yet. What we think we see, is not always what we see. We don't understand all the forces around us. I think we are getting closer. I can somewhat relate to Einstien when he said something like this all seems to be an illusion, but a persistent one. Relying on our five senses limits us, but our mind seems to be able to take us past that.

I don't think that God is necessarily outside of us, as magical gold coins in a box. I think he/she/it is more apt to be found within us... and we have yet barely scratched the surface of what we can do, or know who we are yet. IMO, FWIW. I think our minds are kept limited by these boundaries we impose upon it, probably out of ignorance. So yes, it is ultimately up to what is within me. I do think there is also an interconnection between all life/things. To a certain degree, that's blatantly obvious now.

I could sure use some magical gold coins in a box next to me now though. Got any ideas on how I could get that? :wicked:

I don't think that God is necessarily outside of us, as magical gold coins in a box. I think he/she/it is more apt to be found within us...

Right. God is what he/it is for us personally and individually. And for some, he/it is nothing more than nature and cosmos, and nothing divine.

I could sure use some magical gold coins in a box next to me now though. Got any ideas on how I could get that?  :wicked:

1. Do you have a bank close to your house?

2. Do you own a Ronald Reagan halloween mask?

3. Do you own a gun (plastic or real)?

4. Can you write "This is a robbery. Give me some magic gold coins." ?

:HaHa:

Sorry. I'm all out of magic gold coin boxes. I do have some empty cigar boxes though... uh... not good enough, eh?... well... what shall we do then? :shrug: