Goodbye Jesus

Trade Off!

Xerces

Guest I Love Dog

If you could do it, if you would do it, you would be Jesus. ...

No, you wouldn't. Jesus did NOT spend an eternity in hell. He high-tailed it out of there in under three days, or so the story goes.

It's surely true. Jesus gave nothing. It didn't matter to him if he died, he came from Daddy and he was going back to Daddy, He was risking nothing by dying. Or so the story goes......

Could they possibly be the same person? Probably not, but then again ... ?

Anyway, my apologies for getting off on this tangent. It's just a weird thought that gripped me last night.

Sorry to disappoint. It would have been an interesting twist in all things, but I'm pretty sure they're not the same. I know Justyna's full name and in what city she lives, and she's not this lady.

I think that this 'trade off' really identifies the inherent injustice and unfairness of christian salvation. And in this case, it does punish someone for being compassionate, loving, and selfless. But they don't get punished for 3 days, like jesus. They take this burden on (if they are a believing christian praying that prayer) for ETERNITY.

According to the buybull, Jesus was whipped and crucified on the same day, and Jesus himself said that later that day the thief on the cross would be with him in paradise. So it wasn't even 3 days, it was part of 1 day.

Would you, as a passionate loving christian, spend eternity in "hell" if it meant everyone else would have their souls saved? :Old:

Of course I am far from a passionate loving Christian, but if I was a passionate loving Christian I would agree to have everyone else spend eternity in hell if it meant my own soul would be saved.

How do ya like them apples? :HaHa:

I think that is rational for worshiping Christ....a level we aspire to...someone else's regard over ours. What would it mean to give to others to the point of death. I don't think we even come close. A fitting conversation today.

... exactly what soldiers do and have done for their nations over countless years! Except when they give to the point of death, they do not sleep for a lousy 3 days! And what's more, if you believe in the triune god, Jesus surely would have known what his outcome would be after 3 days!

So I say, a soldier serving for his country who is killed in the line of duty gives a far greater sacrifice!

.... I think this just proves christians DO NOT have answers to some of the major stumbling blocks in their faith ... to me the answer to this must bite right to the core of their faith! In fact it really IS the basis of their faith! If Amercian families are sacrificing their offspring in the fight against terror as we speak .... how does a lousy three day sleep stack up to that?? Of course anyone with half a brain can see it doesn't!

• 4 weeks later...

I think that this 'trade off' really identifies the inherent injustice and unfairness of christian salvation. And in this case, it does punish someone for being compassionate, loving, and selfless. But they don't get punished for 3 days, like jesus. They take this burden on (if they are a believing christian praying that prayer) for ETERNITY.

According to the buybull, Jesus was whipped and crucified on the same day, and Jesus himself said that later that day the thief on the cross would be with him in paradise. So it wasn't even 3 days, it was part of 1 day.

That was magnificient. Thank you for pointing out that detail. You are right. jesus did indeed say that, indicating that his stint in hell would be part of 1 day. Some sacrifice indeed. :)