Goodbye Jesus

Unauthorized Reproduction Bill

Shadfox

Now, I got this off of a blog, so there's that credibility issue to consider (although it links to a government site with the bill in question). Also, it's only a drafted bill, so it doesn't do anything other than demonstrate how badly the Republicans want to control your genitals.

Republican lawmakers are drafting new legislation that will make

marriage a requirement for motherhood in the state of Indiana,

including specific criminal penalties for unmarried women who do

become pregnant "by means other than sexual intercourse."

According to a draft of the recommended change in state law, every

woman in Indiana seeking to become a mother throu gh assisted

reproduction therapy such as in vitro fertilization, sperm donation,

and egg donation, must first file for a "petition for parentage" in

their local county probate court.

Only women who are married will be considered for the "gestational

certificate" that must be presented to any doctor who facilitates the

pregnancy. Further, the "gestational certificate" will only be given

to married couples that successfully complete the same screening

process currently required by law of adoptive parents.

Unauthorized Reproduction bill has been drafted

Saw that on my friend's blog (she lives there IIRC). I'm glad I live in a sane state (so far, anyway).

If it's about to be illegal to have children out of wedlock, then why are unwed mothers still receiving state benefits and medicaid for prenatal and well baby care?

Dudes, that proposal was dropped days ago...

Yep. Thanks to bitchin' by Indiana citizens such as myself. :grin:

Damn, does it feel good.

Home of the free my ASS HOLE!!!!!!

how ever it is good that is was dropped :woohoo:

whoever even drafted this bill should be shot in the head

TWICE!!!!

Yep. Thanks to bitchin' by Indiana citizens such as myself.  :grin:

Damn, does it feel good.

Hey fellow Hoosier! Where abouts do you live?

Hey fellow Hoosier!  Where abouts do you live?

Well, I don't know where he lives, but I'm abotu twenty mintues from Ft. Wayne, and ten minutes from Auburn. You may draw your own conclusions as to my location :HaHa:

I am so embarassed by my state. I should just ditch Indiana; anyone have a list of more free states I could consider for residence?

I am so embarassed by my state.  I should just ditch Indiana; anyone have a list of more free states I could consider for residence?

Yeah China :HaHa:

I am so embarassed by my state.  I should just ditch Indiana; anyone have a list of more free states I could consider for residence?

Texas? :lmao:

Hey, if ya find one, let me know!

You realize that the virgin mary would not have been able to have jesus in Indiana if this was a law??? lol How did they plan on handling anyone that did got knocked up out of wedlock??

How stupid!!!!

Well, I don't know where he lives, but I'm abotu twenty mintues from Ft. Wayne, and ten minutes from Auburn. You may draw your own conclusions as to my location :HaHa:

I live in Central FL- it's a much more progressive state than it's made out to be (aside from the panhandle, which resembles Alabama socially). FL is more of less a socially liberal state and is becoming more so over time. The only reason people go around saying it's a conservative state is because Republicans have been more successful at gerrymandering my state than any other state in the country...which may change with the initative which will likely be on the 2006 ballot to make redistricting nonpartisan.

I live in Central FL- it's a much more progressive state than it's made out to be (aside from the panhandle, which resembles Alabama socially).  FL is more of less a socially liberal state and is becoming more so over time.  The only reason people go around saying it's a conservative state is because Republicans have been more successful at gerrymandering my state than any other state in the country...

Perhaps it's the most liberal of the conservative states, but there's only so much you can do with "gerrymandering," which is useful only in district races, and of no consequence in state-wide elections (senatorships, the presidential races, governorships, etc.). Since 1998, Bill Nelson has been the only state-wide Democratic candidate for direct election for anything that has won, and he won in 2000 with only 51% of the vote. Florida is lurching rightward -- sure, there are a lot of New England retirees, and a ton of gays (who can't even adopt like we can here in TX), but . . . alas, there aren't enough.

Of course, it isn't much better in the Lone Star state -- there is no Democrat in any state-wide elective office AT ALL, and the democrats control neither branch of the legislature, nor a majority of the reps we send to Congress. We're terminally red and the redness keeps growing!

Bush is getting less popular, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. In '06, he start screaming about gays and abortion, and the congressional GOP numbers will probably raise to 60% in both houses . . . and with the tag-along Dems, it might be constitution re-writing time!

Hey fellow Hoosier!  Where abouts do you live?

Muncie. I'm originally from New Castle, just a wee bit south of here.

If you're ever in the area, give me word. We'll go and have a beer.

Perhaps it's the most liberal of the conservative states, but there's only so much you can do with "gerrymandering," which is useful only in district races, and of no consequence in state-wide elections (senatorships, the presidential races, governorships, etc.).  Since 1998, Bill Nelson has been the only state-wide Democratic candidate for direct election for anything that has won, and he won in 2000 with only 51% of the vote.  Florida is lurching rightward -- sure, there are a lot of New England retirees, and a ton of gays (who can't even adopt like we can here in TX), but . . . alas, there aren't enough.

Of course, it isn't much better in the Lone Star state -- there is no Democrat in any state-wide elective office AT ALL, and the democrats control neither branch of the legislature, nor a majority of the reps we send to Congress.  We're terminally red and the redness keeps growing!

Bush is getting less popular, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore.  In '06, he start screaming about gays and abortion, and the congressional GOP numbers will probably raise to 60% in both houses . . . and with the tag-along Dems, it might be constitution re-writing time!

I really don't buy the statewide race results as a solid argument for Republican leaning trends in Florida. Think of it thsi way: if Democrats are can never hold more than 1/3rd of seats in the Florida legislature or Florida delegation in Washington, where do you think solid Democratic candidates for statewide races will come from? Democrats in FL have been so discouraged from even bothering to run in most districts due to the heavy Republican lean in these gerrymandered districts it's not funny. If more Democrats had any chance in getting elected in local politics, I'm quite sure they's have a better chance of getting more Democrats elected statewide. Also, Bob Graham would handily beaten Martinez last year and we'd still have 2 Democratic Senators from FL had Graham not retired.

Well with bastard birthing illegal and abortion illegal, the only legal option would be for the girl to squeeze her legs shut and keep it in there until she can nab a man and drag him to the altar.

Well with bastard birthing illegal and abortion illegal, the only legal option would be for the girl to squeeze her legs shut and keep it in there until she can nab a man and drag him to the altar.

Actually there are some Republicans than want abortion illegal even in cases of rape. For instance, I read where Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn would like to see it illegal even in cases for rape. His reasoning he said was because he was the result of his mother being raped by the Sheriff I believe. I'm wondering, would a woman go to jail for being raped if that Indiana proposal actually ever bacame law?