Goodbye Jesus

Things Creationists Hate

nightflight

I love it!

From a contributor:

Actually, the creationist quip of "if humans evolved from apes, how come apes are still around?" has a much more serious flaw than the fact that a species can still exist after another has descended from it.  Humans did not evolve from apes.  Humans share a common ancestor with apes.  So a better analogy is that both I and my 3rd cousin are around, regardless of the fact that we share a common ancestor (our great-great-grandparents).  I think this one goes hand in hand with the claims like "evolution claims that dogs evolved from bananas" (Kent Hovind said this one).

And that's just a sample.

That's a great page, but the problem with that version is that some of the links no longer work. I happen to keep a link to the real version (the one maintained by the author, J.R. Riggins) on my links pages.

The link to the proper version of Things Creationists Hate is:

http://members.aol.com/darrwin/things.htm

Wow. If only I could print this out for my bosses to read....but they'd kill me. :lmao: Because, you know, science isn't "proof," unless it proves creationism or saves a fundy's life.

I wish I could just smack everyone who says that. That's so hypocritical in today's society to undermine the importance and reliability of science. We live in a scientific world of computers and medicines. If you go to the doctor and reject the theory of evolution, you are a hypocrite.

I'm sorry. I know that pisses off our Christian members, but it's the truth.

I visited it just now, and it's fine. :Hmm:

And yeh, Neil, that always bothered me. If science and its obvious benefits are anathema to Christians, why do they depend on electricity, have licensed doctors, and motor vehicles? Why don't they just live in the wilderness, or force us all back to an (albeit) simpler time of farmers and horse-drawn carriages? Idiot hypocrites.

The link to the proper version of Things Creationists Hate is:

http://members.aol.com/darrwin/things.htm

Ha! I never saw this site. I like this one:

From Riggins:

Sudden Jerks

Not boors that surprise you by ringing your doorbell with a fistful of Watchtowers, but those sudden jerks that you make when you're asleep. A reasonable (but not proven) evolutionary hypothesis is that it was a defensive response that developed when we slept in trees. Any slight sense of unbalance would promote an automatic jerk and instant awakening. Sometimes it accidentally goes off even nowadays, even when you're planted firmly on your Certa Perfect Sleeper. That's the beauty of evolutionary explanations: there has to be one, and it has to make sense--but you don't have to commit adamantly to it. A better one may present itself as more evidence is considered. Think of a good "creationary" explanation for those sudden jerks, preferably better than "God made us that way and He moves in mysterious ways."