Goodbye Jesus

British Columbia

Asimov

According to a recent poll, 52.4% of British Columbians are morons.

Well...the poll actually states that 52% of British Columbians believe that Creationisms should be taught in public schools.

How it is possible that people can be this dumb amazes me....well, actually it doesn't, considering the situations in the Middle East and here in the US.

Sure you didn't just go to Vancouver?

Kind of like going to Austin, and getting the impression that Texas is liberal... sigh, too bad it's full of s tupid people, I thought BC was less nutty, and that Alabam-berta was our main crazy people stronghold.

Sure you didn't just go to Vancouver?

Kind of like going to Austin, and getting the impression that Texas is liberal... sigh, too bad it's full of s tupid people, I thought BC was less nutty, and that Alabam-berta was our main crazy people stronghold.

I live in Vancouver, LM... :ugh:

I was directing my comment to the kitty poke cat. Said 'isn't BC the liberal place' and I said ' I thought so but I guess we could get it confused just like people who go to austin can get Texas confused'.

Adding even more confusion to the thread, I think Ganjacat is a guy.

:HaHa:

I was directing my comment to the kitty poke cat. Said 'isn't BC the liberal place' and I said ' I thought so but I guess we could get it confused just like people who go to austin can get Texas confused'.

ah, I see.

Guest aexapo
According to a recent poll, 52.4% of British Columbians are morons.

Well...the poll actually states that 52% of British Columbians believe that Creationisms should be taught in public schools.

How it is possible that people can be this dumb amazes me....well, actually it doesn't, considering the situations in the Middle East and here in the US.

Don't feel so bad -- those stats are MUCH worse in the states. I think it's over 60% here.

Don't feel so bad -- those stats are MUCH worse in the states.  I think it's over 60% here.

What's wrong with education in NA?

I would love to see stats on Europe; I would be they are shockingly smaller. When I tell the Russians these type of stories they laugh and wonder how such a rich nation can be so stupid.

BTW, is that you or Matt Damon in your new avitar?

What's wrong with education in NA? 

The short and cynical answer: What education? Americans are not "educated", but "indoctrinated". THAT'S the problem. This is why home schooled children are much smarter than their public and private school counterparts. The latter two groups are merely trained to regurgitate stats, while being lulled into a stupor by politicians, religionists and a steady diet of "reality TV".

There is more, but it would take the next 210 years to elucidate.

What a fucking mess!

Ha!  I wish it were me . . ., or I wish he were I,  . . . or I wish he were mine . . . oh well . . . nevermind!  LOL!

I know what you mean Aexap, I know what you mean. :wicked:

Just goes to show you, christian idiots are everywhere. Running away from them doesn't work unless you go to a place with muslim idiots, hindu idiots, or some other type of religious idiot. Pick your poison.

Interesting; I hadn't heard that statistic.

But but I though BC was where all the hippies, and ganja people, and protestors lived. When I was there it struck me as being pretty liberal, they even have a homosection, which is really really nice neighborhood.

That is the impression I've gotten over time, but never having been to BC, I cannot generalize...

The short and cynical answer: What education?  Americans are not "educated", but "indoctrinated".  THAT'S the problem.  This is why home schooled children are much smarter than their public and private school counterparts.  The latter two groups are merely trained to regurgitate stats, while being lulled into a stupor by politicians, religionists and a steady diet of "reality TV".

What a fucking mess!

Man, you hit the nail right on the head there!

:(

The short and cynical answer: What education?  Americans are not "educated", but "indoctrinated".  THAT'S the problem.  This is why home schooled children are much smarter than their public and private school counterparts.  The latter two groups are merely trained to regurgitate stats, while being lulled into a stupor by politicians, religionists and a steady diet of "reality TV".

What a fucking mess!

<----- former homeschooled kid.

In my experience, a lot of homeschool parents cram some hardcore indoctrination into their kids. Then again, that well might just be my area; in Oklahoma, almost all homeschool families are extremely conservative and extremely Christian. The kids they turn out tend to be awfully lemming-like.

With some notable exceptions, of course. Myself and a good number of my friends, for instance.