Goodbye Jesus

new job..every single employee is a christian

been borg again

I started a new full time job a few days ago, I come to find out every single one of the 10 employees are fundy christian.

well guess what, I am going to pretend I am too.

No way in hell I will ever tell them my true feelings.

WHy? because its $50-60,000 a year, triple the pay I have ever made in my life.

It funny how most of the companies income is a result of overchargeing customers the absolute maximum amount of money.

This company encourages shafting customers constantly and they fire people who dont comform. The oh so spiritual christian boss gives bonus money to the workers who can buttfuck the customers the hardest.

Screw my moral obligation to tell my coworkers my true feelings about christianity ( and agressive capitalism for that matter).

I have a price.

Now I must leave this forum to go pray and read my bible.

LOL So I can spiritualy prepare myself to shaft another customer tommarrow LOL.

This is my second day, and I have already been interegated by the coworkers and boss as to my spiritual beliefs.

today I quoted a job to repair a sofa...$250

It will take me LESS than an hour to repair ( after we take it into the shop)

The boss patted me on the back and said "good job" youll fit right in.

but you know, I dont care anymore if the customer gets shafted, I have spent 15 years being the nice guy, doing free repair jobs for old ladies and poor people always doing work for cheap. Where did it get me? 33 years old and $50 to my name, and a wife who left because she complains I dont make enough money..... just because I am a nice guy..

. well screw that... the Ratrace has made me who I am, someone who just cares about making ther most money doing the least work.

I dont care anymore if I screw the customer.

All the sucsessful business owners I know are filthy rich because they dont give a damn about shafting the customer or their best friend for that matter,

3 cheers for Capitalism

. I think Ill fit right into this company as long as I say "God WIlling" a few times in every conversation. LOL

That's what you get when you take a job repairing sofas at.....A CHURCH!!

:D

Sorry to hear that. But if you are in the U.S., keep in mind that they can be sued for discrimination.

Any fundie numbnut wanting to claim again that reading the wholly babble makes you a moral person? :pureevil:

[sorry to hear that. But if you are in the U.S., keep in mind that they can be sued for discrimination. ]

I used to work for a high-end home theatre store in Chicago. Well this fuckin idiot with frosted tips in his hair used to make terrible comments about being my sex-toy, and one day he backed me into a corner and would not let me leave. I told my boss, and guess what - the idiot was promoted to a sales position and I was fired!

So my opinion is to do what you need to. It sounds awful, but just tell those people whatever they want to hear. You are not hurting anyone by acting like a fundie.

You do what you have to do.

Me, I'm probably going to end up going down the road of the academic, or possibly writer--subpar in possessions, but nonetheless liberating.

And if this doesn't work out, you can always say you converted to mormonism. That works rather well in Boise as well. My old business partner converted temporarily to pick up new clients. Now he has his own airplane and you can put an average 3 bedroom house in his livingroom. :lmao:

Congrats on the pay increase. Head to TableRock and have a beer to celebrate. I'd buy, but, well, I'm a bit far from Boise at the moment.

Also, have you considered that one or two of your 10 coworkers might be faking it as well?

So my opinion is to do what you need to. It sounds awful, but just tell those people whatever they want to hear. You are not hurting anyone by acting like a fundie.

I wouldn't quit, but I would look around for a new job and go on interviews outside of working hours.

60 large long goes a forking long way to pay bills and provide fill for the borg family feed bag..

As long as you can put mind in neutral and do as the employer needs done, the shit happening is on his shoulders..

Yeah borgster, you are now part of the Collective while at work..

Guess fuckin'what?

Unless you are self employed, everyone who works for a check for someone else gets to byte a chunk of shit sandwich.

60 long large will make that sammich eating a bit more bearable.

Congrats on job, hope the enviroment won't make ya crazier..

kevinL

WHy? because its $50-60,000 a year,  triple the pay I have ever made in my life.

It funny how most of the companies income is a result of overchargeing customers the absolute maximum amount of money.

This company encourages shafting customers constantly and they fire people who dont comform. The oh so spiritual christian boss gives bonus money to the workers who can  buttfuck the customers the hardest.

Screw my moral obligation to tell my coworkers my true feelings about christianity

today I quoted a  job to repair a sofa...$250

but you know, I dont care anymore if the customer gets shafted, I have spent 15 years being the nice guy, doing free repair jobs for old ladies and poor people always doing work for cheap. Where did it get me? 33 years old and $50 to my name, and a wife who left because she complains I dont make enough money..... just because I am a nice guy..

. well screw that... the Ratrace has made me who I am, someone who just cares about making ther most money doing the least work.

All the sucsessful business owners I know are filthy rich because they dont give a damn about shafting the customer or their best friend for that matter,

My take on this ...

Companies who prize 'shafting their customers' ~ generally have no difficulty in shafting their employees. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that something in the region of $50-60,000 to materialise. A between two figures anticipated income usually means commission is involved rather than salary. A company that lies to customers is likley to lie to their employees.

If I took employment with a company that boasts of shafting customers I would not be surprised if they did the same to their employees.

But maybe they do pay out three times the sum you could earn elsewhere ... will this make you happy? Before the break up of your marriage ~ did 'being the nice guy' bring you happiness? If you carried on behaving this way for fifeteen years I'd hazard a guess that yes it did. I'd hazard a guess that doing work on the cheap for those who had little money came naturally to you ~ you liked being able to put a smile on their face ~ you liked being a nice guy because that is you.

Now, looking back through the eyes of betrayal you have decided that it wasn't worth it, because you are measuring it against what you think you have now. You are feeling the anger and pain of being 'cheated' so you feel 'justified' in cheating others.

I don't think this course of action will bring you happiness.

No amount of money would be acceptable to me ~ if what I had to sacrifice in return were my core beliefs.

BBA ~ what are your core beliefs? Do you think it is right to 'shaft' people?

If the customers are Christians, then it's okay to take their money-- after all they want to support their brethren!

If I were you I would at least keep an eye out for a better job. I would NOT stop being a nice guy. You may be able to find a way to be yourself and still make the boss/company happy.

Guest aexapo
Che Guevara. you're a jerk! Actually I wuv Che, but I've decided to play more sane, the middle path. One can't be too light, and too dark. One should be middle. Generous, but selfish at the same time. I think the upper middle class is the best caste. because you can live comfortably with luxuries, but don't totally go Mr Burns on the world.

What,what,what? Whew, you actually scared me there for a second -- please don't leave me here all alone with these Lockians, Randians, and Straussians (okay, that last one was low -- sorry!)!!! I'll die if I'm all alone!

Being upper middle class is okay (me makes big dollar, too) -- you're only petit-bourgeois if you think you're actually bourgeouis, but if you get paid by the hour (like me), we won't kill you during the revolution.

Okay, Randians? That was a joke. Well, most of it anyway.

LOL!

My take on this ...

Companies who prize 'shafting their customers' ~ generally have no difficulty in shafting their employees. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that something in the region of $50-60,000 to materialise. A between two figures anticipated income usually means commission is involved rather than salary. A company that lies to customers is likley to lie to their employees.

If I took employment with a company that boasts of shafting customers I would not be surprised if they did the same to their employees.

But maybe they do pay out three times the sum you could earn elsewhere ... will this make you happy? Before the break up of your marriage ~ did 'being the nice guy' bring you happiness? If you carried on behaving this way for fifeteen years I'd hazard a guess that yes it did. I'd hazard a guess that doing work on the cheap for those who had little money came naturally to you ~ you liked being able to put a smile on their face ~ you liked being a nice guy because that is you.

Now, looking back through the eyes of betrayal you have decided that it wasn't worth it, because you are measuring it against what you think you have now.  You are feeling the anger and pain of being 'cheated' so you feel 'justified' in cheating others.

I don't think this course of action will bring you happiness.

No amount of money would be acceptable to me ~ if what I had to sacrifice in return were my core beliefs.

BBA ~ what are your core beliefs? Do you think it is right to 'shaft' people?

yes and no, and thanks for the insightful ( and correct) assesment of the situation.. no I dont feel right about shafting customers, yes partly its anger,

I dont know how to reply, except it a good opportunity to rent a cheap ass apartment/studio , eat Ramen noodles and save $100,000 in a few years and go after my true passion in life, music.

I NEVER thought I would say this, being the spiritualy fuzzy wuzzy touchy feely persona that I am, but I am starting to convince myself that Life is

Survival-of-the-fittest. Every man for himself, and screw whoever cant keep up.

Is this a negative attitude? I dont know.

Is it selfish, if it benefits me, my genes/ daughter? I honestly dont know.

Some internal conflict I feel, yes.

But agian it seems to be the " Real World"

I have spent my life in Idealistic Hippy Fantasy World,

where everybody loves and helps everyone. And I am starting to think its a

load of shit. And not Natural, as the Natural World is ruthless.

Honestly I dont know, I just feel like I have been butt raped way too many times.

I cant list how many time people have taken advantage of me, just because I am a big push over and trust people to a fault. People have walked all over me, and I am sick of it.......

hmmm is this what happens when we get older and cynical?

Hey by the way guess what happened tonight?

I was at Walmart, a woman approached me and it winds up she recognized me from Yahoo Personals. We had been emailing back and forth for a few weeks and hit it off like old friends cuz we have so much in common. And I happen to run into her at Walmart. It totally blew me away.

What are the odds in a city of 250,000? She is the only woman I have been emailing over the internet. What are the odds?

Life is good.

yes and no, and thanks for the insightful ( and correct) assesment of the situation.. no I dont feel right about shafting customers, yes partly its anger,

I dont know how to reply, except it a good opportunity to rent a cheap ass apartment/studio , eat Ramen noodles and save $100,000 in a few years and  go after my true passion in life, music.

I NEVER thought I would say this, being the spiritualy fuzzy wuzzy touchy feely persona that I am, but I am starting to convince myself that Life is

Survival-of-the-fittest. Every man for himself, and screw whoever cant keep up.

Is this a negative attitude? I dont know.

Is it selfish, if it benefits me, my genes/ daughter? I honestly dont know.

Some internal conflict I feel, yes.

But agian it seems to be the " Real World"

I have spent my life in Idealistic Hippy Fantasy World,

where everybody loves and helps everyone.  And I am starting to think its a

load of shit. And not Natural, as the Natural World is ruthless.

Honestly I dont know, I just feel like I have been butt raped way too many times.

I cant list how many time people have taken advantage of me, just because I am a big push over and trust people to a fault. People have walked all over me, and I am sick of it.......

hmmm is this what happens when we get older and cynical?

I was at Walmart, a woman approached me and it winds up she recognized me from Yahoo Personals. We had been emailing back and forth for a few weeks and hit it off like old friends cuz we have so much in common. And I happen to run into her at Walmart.  It totally blew me away.

What are the odds in a city of 250,000? She is the only woman I have been  emailing over the internet. What are the odds?

Life is good.

Based on what you say here, I would think there is a middle course for you between being a 'big push over' and deciding to 'screw whoever can't keep up'. These two positions are somewhat poles apart so little wonder you are experiencing some internal conflict!

In deciding the way forward for your life, I'd be inclined to make decisons in the light of a day such as today (or yesterday ~ I'm hopeless with time zones!) when a miracle* encounter has reminded you how wonderful and special life can be, than on a day filled with the anger and pain of focusing on betrayal. For as they say ~ our lives are shaped not by the events that happen to us, but by the way we choose to respond.

I like to flip the whole 'survival of the fittest' thing around ~ my 'survival', the 'me' that I want to be, the aspects of 'me' that I want to survive, need to be the fittest part ~ fittest as in best, not as in ruthless, so I'm engaged in a struggle to ensure that the best parts of me survive.

I guess I would say to you ~ which parts of your character do you want to survive? Me ~ I rate kindness and compassion and honesty way way above financial income and ruthlessness.

Getting older has meant trying not to be quite so gullible as perhaps I was in the past and yes, I have noticed some cynical edges, but I try and keep them clipped back as far as I can.

How do you want your daughter to think of you? What qualities and attitudes do you hope she will see in you and be proud of?

* I use the word miracle to denote any amazing event that stirs the soul, puts a smile on your face, a song in your heart and makes you say 'wow ~ what are the odds!'

You know you could start preaching that they all are damned as some form of userer. Then again they generally don't like having their own hypocracy pointed out. Good luck with the job.

I was at Walmart, a woman approached me and it winds up she recognized me from Yahoo Personals. We had been emailing back and forth for a few weeks and hit it off like old friends cuz we have so much in common. And I happen to run into her at Walmart.  It totally blew me away.

What are the odds in a city of 250,000? She is the only woman I have been  emailing over the internet. What are the odds?

Life is good.

Man o man, if you keep this up, pretty soon your customers won't be the only thing you'll be screwing!

;)

been borg again,

Your story is kinda happy, kinda sad.

I have a price too.

And I spent $4 on lottery tickets for last nite's drawing, bcuz I want out of the effing ratrace.

O the eff well. You'll deal man. Good luck. Rah/Buddha/Jesus/Allah bless you. *shrug*

If you tell them you are not Christian, they might think of you as their "ministry." If that happens, they probably won't screw you over anytime soon. *shrug*

Peace,

GiantBear

• 2 weeks later...
I started a new full time job a few days ago, I come to find out every single one of the 10 employees are  fundy christian.

well guess what, I am going to pretend I am too.

WHy? because its $50-60,000 a year,  triple the pay I have ever made in my life.

This company encourages shafting customers constantly and they fire people who dont comform. The oh so spiritual christian boss gives bonus money to the workers who can  buttfuck the customers the hardest.

Screw my moral obligation to tell my coworkers my true feelings about christianity ( and agressive capitalism for that matter).

I have a price.

Now I must leave this forum to go pray and read my bible.

LOL So I can spiritualy prepare myself to shaft another customer tommarrow LOL.

This is my second day, and I have already been interegated by the coworkers and boss as to my spiritual beliefs.

today I quoted a  job to repair a sofa...$250

3 cheers for Capitalism

. I think Ill fit right into this company as long as I say "God WIlling" a few times in every conversation. LOL

Just make sure to donate a small % of your check eash week to anti-religious activist organizations and I will forgive you.

Heck I work for the government (sorta). There is this matter of making a living you know, and sometimes you have to shovel shit to do it. Good luck friend.

Born...

The hardest part is being true to yourself.

But once you give up on following others and follow your heart, the easier it gets.

You have so much anger over what other people/groups believe, and what they do.

Only you can decide if life is about money, family, God, god, or you, those who look up to you, or anything else.

If you believe in god, faith, or whatever, then more power to you, and I'm sure no one here would argue with you or try to hold you back from that.

Just PLEASE don't let the way of this world or the people on it make you you bitter enough to make you do things you don't want to do. That's what churches and money are for.

Take care of your children. They need you, even if you haven't settled everything in your own life yet. Trust me on that. Money ain't everything.

Duder

What if they're all pretending to be christian? :scratch:

But it's all good anyway. At least you don't have to sacrifice goats or wear a silly hat. :grin:

But it's all good anyway. At least you don't have to sacrifice goats or wear a silly hat.  :grin:

99789[/snapback]

I'd rather have the annoying hat than have to pretend to be somebody I'm not. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry about bad hair days then. ;)

Hey Born, best of luck in that job. Really interesting post. I've thought a lot about stuff like this. Here's my take:

It's best to not "give people the shaft" because when I'm in a position of weakness, and cannot defend myself (for example, when I'm old, or become sick, etc.), then at least I will not have alienated every single individual in my life and hopefully someone will help me out. This whole issue is about, "why do good and avoid evil." And there is self interest in being kind and generous and honest, because more often than not, you'll be treated in kind.

Of course, you've been shafted totally, and your whole identity as a man has come under attack because the woman in your life left you (according to you) because you didn't bring home enough dough. Ladies out there, got some news for you: most (not all) men derive a huge amount of their self worth and their identity from their jobs. We are raised that way, and I think there's something genetic. But I digress...

You could probably move farther towards self interest, but in moderation. No one likes a doormat, since doormats tend to change their minds based on others' needs, and they get off track easily and don't finish what they start. Then again, no one likes a cut-throat, since they can't be trusted as far as you can spit, and you won't be helped in the future when you are in need.

Good luck, Born. And congrats on the increase in salary.

Oh yeah, they whole "pretend to be a believer" thang: I don't know if any amount of money could make me do that. I just don't fake it well long term. Keep us posted on how it goes. Wouldn't it be easier to fake being a lukewarm believer, one who cusses and listens to AC/DC? hehehehe

Wouldn't it be easier to fake being a lukewarm believer, one who cusses and listens to AC/DC? hehehehe

Yeah...like a normal or liberal Christian, rather than a fundy Christian.