Goodbye Jesus

Video 'jesus & Young People'

prplfox

A year ago I found a series on youtube by 'evid3nc3' about deconversion that affected my life. I had never seen anything like that before. This summer I started a social project on belief and the effects of the Jesus message on young people. I want to begin expressing what I am learning through art and youtube, I just finished my first video which is the beginning of my deconversion story, but eventually I want to expand into broader social contexts and meanings. I hope this connects in some way with you.

Eli

• Like 2

prplfox, that was an outstanding video! Very well conceived and edited and your voiceover was right on the money. You have quite a talent in this area. I thought it was so good that I am anxiously awaiting the next part to learn about your deconversion.

One thing that stands out in this video is that you were a sincere Christian. While I was in college back in the early 1980s, I also took a religious course which introduced me to the concept that Genesis (as that was what the course was about) was written by multiple authors over a long span of time. It was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing, but it had a lasting impact on me as I presume we will see in future videos it did on you, too. The professor you discuss near the end of the video, sounds like a really nice and caring individual.

Welcome to ExC.

Wow.

Just Wow.

I didn't pay attention to what you typed, because I went looking for part two.

Thank you for sharing this.

. . . I hope this connects in some way with you.

Eli

It really did, Eli.

Every dimension of the video was great. You have such a sincere and warm style. And the artwork is splendid!

Thanks for posting it. Please keep us updated when you finish new videos.

Eli - Good stuff. Let us know when part two comes out. Can't wait to see it.

Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing. Glory!

The part of your video that really hit home with me was the shots of you and others praying at church. I used to participate in activities like that too when I was young. It seemed right and really important at the time, but now of course I realize it was absurd and a complete waste of time and I regret wasting my youth being religious instead of having fun and enjoying life. But I'm making up for lost time doing that now! :)

One thing that stands out in this video is that you were a sincere Christian.

Welcome to ExC.

Thanks, I've been reading the stories on this site for 2 years, and it contributed to me being able to make a video like this. I hope I can do a lot with this channel.

Wow.

Just Wow.

You are welcome, I hope there is meaning in it for you. I'll make part 2 in a few weeks.

I was impressed by your video. It is very high quality. I think it was courageous to put yourself in it the way you did, as a sincere and very motivated Christian.

I wish you the best in your future videos. You are doing a great service.

I'll make part 2 in a few weeks.

I hope you'll post it when it is completed.

That was excellent, prplfox!

That was such a wonderfully made video,,,and I live in western new york so that was cool to see you've been around my area :)

Very nicely done. I just subscribed. :)

Wow, that was really good. I look forward to part II.

I think it was courageous to put yourself in it the way you did

You are doing a great service.

Deva, the driving purpose is helping people [service] thank you so much for your encouragement

Very well done. I've subscribed and look forward to future installments.

your video is amazing. Beautiful. You have so much talent! I am very, very impressed.

I commend you for being so transparent. That takes a lot of courage. I'm sure we can all identify with your video. I know I can. What you said about college giving you an opportunity to see things in a new way was spot on! My whole deconversion was during college and I had some very caring professors who took time outside of class to help me figure out all the crazy emotions and thoughts that go with losing a treasured faith. This video is gift to all who watch it.

I'm anxiously awaiting part 2.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for that video! Very well made and the artwork is beautiful. I think you covered many important points and you made them very well. I think that you video will be something for questioners to watch without feeling like their beliefs are being threated or ridiculed. I look forward to seeing Part 2!

Thankyou, prplfox.

I'll subscribe, too.

I look forward to seeing Part 2!

Part 2 is on youtube:

I'm making part 3 right now.

Thank you for that video! Very well made and the artwork is beautiful. I think you covered many important points and you made them very well. I think that you video will be something for questioners to watch without feeling like their beliefs are being threated or ridiculed.

Thank you, that is my hope

Wow.

Just Wow.

You are welcome, I hope there is meaning in it for you. I'll make part 2 in a few weeks.

I just watched part two and subscribed. You are beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work! Can't wait to see more!

• 5 weeks later...

wow that was great, i apreciate that you took the time to actualy make this i wen through somthing similar when christianity just stoped adding up.

• 4 months later...

Just watched the first four parts and they really resonated with me. I feel like i had christian emotional flashbacks. especially at the part with jars of clay playing. i used to listen to that. I still get the same emotional feelings when i hear stuff that I used hear and see when i was christian. It is such a strong powerful thing and its so deeply ingrained in me even though i am no longer christian. thanks for posting those.