Goodbye Jesus

Godhatesfag.com

SkepticOfBible

I actually read the Wiki entry. I am completely shocked. Phelps is perhaps the most wretched and confused man on the planet. I feel so bad for his family.

It is long, but well worth the read. Seriously... you will be highly entertained and possibly enraged.

I would pay any amount of money to see that fucker gang-raped in a prison shower. :lmao:

:lmao:

I dunno why but the visual of that made me bust out laughing....

is that wrong? :Hmm:

Ganjacat,

It seems like guys like that live a really long time, while people who are nice and good die young. Or maybe it just seems that way because every day someone like Fred Phelps is alive seems like an eternity. On the other hand, he is doing the gay movement a lot of good. No Christian wants to be equated with him, not even some of the worst fundies.

Anyway, here's a link to Fred Phelps's obituary.

And here's a biography for the obituary.

So pretty much the bible becomes whatever the bible believer wants it to be

Isn't this true for pretty much any religion? I mean, religions are just reflections of what humans want god to be like. You want him to be a bigot, he's a bigot. You want god to be female and carry a magic wand, she's female with a magic wand. You want god to be a homophobe, he's a homophobe. You want god to be all lovey-dovey and kind, he/she's all lovey-dovey and kind. Etc.

Well in case, according to Protestant Christian Theology he is saved because he has "faith in christ", and that's all that is needed.