Goodbye Jesus

Doing The Right Thing

Xerces

I really don't enjoy kissing the asses of the people that I know are just going through the motions of whatever they have to do to survive even if it is wrong. So, some of you know I worked for Wal-Mart right, well they have turned into a greedy good for nothing corporation. Just recently in the news, I heard they are selling a childhood anti gay sexuality book called chasing a elephant or some shit. They do other shit I don't agree with, so I did something bold that someone could sue them over and ended up quitting Wal-Mart right? Well it has been two weeks out of work for me, I'm waiting patiently for a Dominos job that I was promised from the wife of the franchise owner of that particular Dominos, its an assistant manager position. But I really hope it follows through because I only have maybe a year & a half of retail experience and that is it, and with this economy I am wondering if anyone will hire me lol...

I'm not looking for sympathy, I know what I did would probably cost me my job but I died a little inside every time I went into work for Wal-Mart knowing I'm helping them get richer and more powerful. It makes doing the right thing seem like a lost cause if its just going to screw my life up... I just don't wanna be some prick that does anything to live a comfortable secure life, I don't wanna be someone I'm not just to appease the rulers that be. On top of that i have someone that is waiting for me in another state, and I need money if I wanna go get an apartment with them lol! I dunno maybe it will all work out for the best, I just, I dunno it just erks me how dirty people get away with dirty things, and people that want to stand up to all the monotony get smacked down like flies.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic and I am usually not like this, but it has just really sunk in today ya' know? Its as if having hope in change or getting angry at the people that do shitty things isn't worth much when they are so powerful and wield so much influence. Makes everything seem so much darker and sinister and, pointless. Fairy tales are exclusively for the religious I suppose yeah?... :shrug:

First, I admire you for standing on your principals and telling Wal-Mart to go fuck off.

On the other hand... when you go and do that shit just make sure you have contingency plan so you can still pay your bills :HaHa:

Seriously though, I think you'll be fine. I went through many years of working at a corporate job that I hated, just because of the money. I finally got tired of whoring myself out and decided if I was going to whore myself, I at least wanted to pick my own clients. So I quit and went into business for myself. It sounds like you are taking matters into your own hands and realizing all this at a young age, which is great.

I am not sure I have any words of wisdom for you other than even though the economy isn't great, if you don't have much in the way of debt or a family to support, you can afford to do things like move away or go on some adventures. Maybe you'll have some fun too!

I don't have any kids or hardly any debt besides a small medical bill. Hooray lol

I don't have any kids or hardly any debt besides a small medical bill. Hooray lol

See there ya go!

At one point when I was 19 I decided qo quit my job and move from LA to San Diego and moved in with a couple of friends. I had no job and only like $100 to my name, and no idea what the fuck I was doing. I basically rationed food for a few weeks to survive, but finally found a job and 6 months later I was in a much better position then I was when I quit my other job. The thing I learned is that sometimes it's good to shake things up a little and do something drastic and see where the wind blows you. You never know where things might lead...

It's admirable to stand up for what you believe in. I've seen others do the same for reasons I don't share but nevertheless I respect them for doing it. As a Christian at one point I left a job because my boss was a shifty prick who would tell outrageous lies to customers to get the most $$$ and wanted me to follow after him. I made a brash decision to announce my resignation but luckily found another job instantly. Looking back now, if I was in the same position now I'd probably think fuck the customer but I'm in a better position now anyways so it works out in the end.

Standing up for principles is costly, people lose jobs, friends, family and their lives for principles. All you need to do is judge whether or not you're willing to take the loss for standing up for something. From my own position now, there is very little I am willing to stand up for if it will cost me.