Why single out gays?

All Gods Fail

This comment made by AndyPanda brought something to mind:

When they start moaning about me being gay, I enjoy pointing this passage out to them and watch them justify it all away. :Doh:

What is with the obsession over gays with fundie xtians? I know their book of myths condemns it in a few passages, but so what? The bible condemns lots of things, some of it in very lengthy and numerous passages. Like greed - god HATES greed, and it gets condemned about 1,000 times more than homosexuality. And in very specific, literal terms as well.

Why is there no website called godhatesgreed.com? Why don't xtian extremists protest Microsoft or GM? Why aren't they obsessed with 'curing' greed?

Why, xtians? :shrug:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Vigile

• Checkmate

• All Gods Fail

Top Posters In This Topic

Becuase they are hypocrites?

This comment made by AndyPanda brought something to mind:

What is with the obsession over gays with fundie xtians? I know their book of myths condemns it in a few passages, but so what? The bible condemns lots of things, some of it in very lengthy and numerous passages. Like greed - god HATES greed, and it gets condemned about 1,000 times more than homosexuality. And in very specific, literal terms as well.

Why is there no website called godhatesgreed.com? Why don't xtian extremists protest Microsoft or GM? Why aren't they obsessed with 'curing' greed?

Why, xtians? :shrug:

'cause they're ascared their youngin's might go down that road, and it's like gross and stuff.

Seriously, this stuff used to piss me off when I was still a believer. I even left a church because of its militant homophobia. When I used to tell my fellow xtians that homosexuality is a sin on par with every other sin (I know, I know, but I was a fundy at the time) they would just give me a blank look as if nothing was registering.

Christians say that they don't believe in subjective morality systems, but their history, even recent, proves otherwise. Their morals change with the times and with geography and they always will. I suspect that gays will find a home in churches, even the fundy ones, in the not so distant future.

Becuase they are hypocrites?

Well, besides that! :HaHa:

I really would like to hear from xtians who think being gay is the unpardonable sin. Where in the NT does it say we should make gays targets of conversion or oppression? Specifically singling them out over, say, adulterers or thieves?

I mean, being gay didn't even make the 10 commandments, so god can't be all that concerned about it. What about liars? Lying is one of the worst sins there is, but the evangelicals give Bush a pass for that all the time. :scratch:

Homosexuals make wonderful targets for demonization. They are... darn it!... different on a very fundamental, emotional, instinctive level. Worse than that, they are sexually different - always good to find a suitable The Enemy™ by violation of a deeply tabooed topic.

And why demonization? Because it keeps the flock of braindead meme-infected victims tightly drawn together against The Enemy™. :Hmm:

Homosexuals make wonderful targets for demonization. They are... darn it!... different on a very fundamental, emotional, instinctive level. Worse than that, they are sexually different - always good to find a suitable The Enemy™ by violation of a deeply tabooed topic.

And why demonization? Because it keeps the flock of braindead meme-infected victims tightly drawn together against The Enemy™.  :Hmm:

Sounds awfully close to methods used by your old leader Thurisaz and pretty darn close to ones being used by our current one.

I'm not absolutley sure about this ~ and I guess some Christians might disagree with me ~ but I reckon these two fears contribute to it ....

An acceptance of gay relationships is seen as undermining two aspects of marriage

1.) that loving relationships only work between two people if there is a male to lead and a female to submit. Because Christ is seen as the groom and the church as the bride ~ the thought of two men in a loving relationship stuffs up their theology of submission.

2.) they have hang ups about sex and only like to think about sex being OK where procreation is the intent.

Shellfish and mixed fabric garments don't present fundamentalists with the same marriage analogy dilemmas.

it's a smoke screen, same reason abortion is always a key election issue. Why look at the REAL problems when you can voodooize something that ain't going to go away anyway

Guest Iconoclastic1

That's an easy one. First of all, having an enemy to rally against, one that can be found in any culture on the planet, gives christians a certain cohesion and fervor that they would not have otherwise. Very useful for political purposes.

Secondly, what more perfect enemy is there? Gays do not spit out a unit every nine months, and hence are not useful for spreading christianity from one generation to the next. Antagonizing this group costs christians almost nothing in terms of spreading the meme.

Agreed that the us vs them psycology is the main driving force behind their crusade against those of us who seem to perfer our own gender. It becomes easier due to other social constructs we have about what it means to be a man, the whole macho and dominant thing, which many gays have a habit of ignoring. It is the strangeness that seems to drive this phenomenon.

As we all know strange is bad.

Culture thing in AmeriKa..

Sterotypical *gay* is an easy target to pick on..

Fundies have daBibble, and Gaohwd on their side. fuckingjebus'mooseballs, who can argue with doing Gohwdz will?

"Lets go fuck up a fag or six..."

Until they run into one of my students. Then an "Armed Fag Doesn't Get Bashed"..

Kinda amazing how the *will of GohWd* wilts under the promise of exhange of violence for violence.

GohWd seems to loose his testicles and backbone when threatened with immediate retaliation.

There are some things I find funny as fuck. One of them is the senario above.

No one *deserves* to be fucked with and the assklowns who want to go after those they percieve as *weak* better be sure those same haven't taken up arms..

k, mean old well armed instructor man, L

If strange is bad, then I'm a very bad boy indeed.

I don't think the visceral reaction has been given enough emphasis in this thread. We're talking about people who have had it deeply implanted in their psyche's that it's Bad for women to show any cleavage or leg. The only allowed outlet for sexual energy is within marriage. The further you get from that kind of sexual expression, the more uncomfortable it makes the sexually conservative Christian.

YES! Let's all be Christians!

I want to stop having sex with my husband by the time I am 35.

I will wait at home for him when he is banging his secretary.

I will feel bad about myself when the Devil forces me to maturbate!

I wll gain 60 pounds, cut my hair, and basically do anything to androgenize my appearance so that I don't have to face the fact that I used to be a sexual kitten.

AND - because I have to mute anything that is sexually pleasureable in MY life, I will try to ruin the lives of others who don't buy into the fucked up dogma of Christianity.

:Sheep:

Oh, yeah!

Do you really want to know what a Christian has to say? Or, like so many responding here, just hope to see other "ex-Christians" answer "questions posed to Christians" in their stead. I observe, in my short time here... very few, dare I say NOBODY is interested in actually hearing what a Christian has to say. You pose questions to Christians, and then you answer your own questions. You are nothing more than mockers, with nothing to say, and hope to fulfill your own cup.

Sorry "ex-Christians" but instead of asking an Australian who has, a few times, tasted imported tea from China what tea tastes like in China... why not ask a Chinaman, who drinks it everyday, and let him respond. I am still amused at how many questions ex-Christians try to answer, and yet fail to grasp anything at all.

YES! Let's all be Christians!

I want to stop having sex with my husband by the time I am 35.

I will wait at home for him when he is banging his secretary.

I will feel bad about myself when the Devil forces me to maturbate!

I wll gain 60 pounds, cut my hair, and basically do anything to androgenize my    appearance so that I don't have to face the fact that I used to be a sexual kitten.

AND - because I have to mute anything that is sexually pleasureable in MY life, I will try to ruin the lives of others who don't buy into the fucked up dogma of Christianity.

:Sheep:

Oh, yeah!

You're not supposed to mute everything sexually pleasurable. You are supposed to love your husband, and your husband is supposed to love you. And, divorce is quite okay in cases of sexual immorality. So, it sounds like you just knocked down that strawman pretty hard, as is often the case here.

Do you really want to know what a Christian has to say? Or, like so many responding here, just hope to see other "ex-Christians" answer "questions posed to Christians" in their stead.  I observe, in my short time here... very few, dare I say NOBODY is interested in actually hearing what a Christian has to say.  You pose questions to Christians, and then you answer your own questions.  You are nothing more than mockers, with nothing to say, and hope to fulfill your own cup.
So stop being a mocker yourself, refrain from filling your own cup and say something... Answer the question instead of being such a fucking self-righteous hypocrite.
Sorry "ex-Christians" but instead of asking an Australian who has, a few times, tasted imported tea from China what tea tastes like in China... why not ask a Chinaman, who drinks it everyday, and let him respond.  I am still amused at how many questions ex-Christians try to answer, and yet fail to grasp anything at all.

Good grief... you're an idiot.

We're not asking any Australians what the tea tastes like in China... we're asking people FROM China, people who tasted the tea WHILE THEY WERE THERE, what the tea tastes like.

Remember... nearly all of us here WERE CHRISTIANS. This is indeed EX-Christian.net, not Never_was_a_fucking_Christian.net...

The amount of times we get prideful, blind and arrogant Christians coming here and telling US what we did or did not believe is staggering.

Well, get this fucktard... WE WERE CHRISTIANS, and your attempt to portray us as anything else is nothing more than a collossal lie... and you know that lying means you get BURNT.

So, fuck off and burn, you ignorant turd.

You're not supposed to mute everything sexually pleasurable.  You are supposed to love your husband, and your husband is supposed to love you.  And, divorce is quite okay in cases of sexual immorality.  So, it sounds like you just knocked down that strawman pretty hard, as is often the case here.

Yo, shitface...

Women aren't supposed to enjoy it at all. Sex, that is...

They're supposed to enjoy everything else, but sex is supposed to be a hurried affair that no-one should ever get any form of enjoyment out of.

All according to that fucked-up mysoganistic work of fiction that you call a holy book...

It is easier to point a finger and condemn something you don't understand instead of having an open mind and accpeting people for who they are...that is why I think they narrow it down.

Do you really want to know what a Christian has to say? Or, like so many responding here, just hope to see other "ex-Christians" answer "questions posed to Christians" in their stead.  I observe, in my short time here... very few, dare I say NOBODY is interested in actually hearing what a Christian has to say.  You pose questions to Christians, and then you answer your own questions.  You are nothing more than mockers, with nothing to say, and hope to fulfill your own cup.

I am still amused at how many questions ex-Christians try to answer, and yet fail to grasp anything at all.

:twitch: Uh, hello? Did I miss it, or did you bother to take the time to reply to the OP? Here you have the chance to give us the vaunted straight skinny on the Christian POV, and you DON'T! Asshole!

THAT is why WE answer the questions ourselves! We KNOW beforehand that YOU are incapable of giving a simple answer to ANY question. All people like YOU do is attack and villify and whine about being misrepresented!

Fucktard! If you have an opinion, just fucking STATE IT! Sheesh. Is that SO hard? Or do have any further insults to sling at us, "in the name of Jesus"?

Christians, cretins. Potato, potahto. Good night, Irene.

You are nothing more than mockers, with nothing to say, and hope to fulfill your own cup.

Off course we are mockers of god law. So many laws do you follow? Do you circumsise yourself? Do you avoid eating selfish? God told you to follow all the commandment, not just pick and chose

Let's forget that you and other christians celebrate christmas. That is a sin of great proportions

No True Christian

And let's not forget about Christmas, the pagan celebration of the winter solstice which was adopted by Christians and used to celebrate the birthday of Jesus.

They are celebrating the birthday of their LORD and SAVIOR on a pagan holiday. Jesus never instructed that his birthday be celebrated, nor is there any birth date given in the New Testament.

Bringing customs of pagan gods into God's congregation is a violation of huge proportions.

The Bible God gives clear instructions not to adopt customs of other nations.

Lev 20:23,26

And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nations, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.

And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Apparently Christians want an excuse to celebrate without authority do to so. They set up trees, decorate them with silver tinsel, gold balls and religious ornaments, gather around it, put up lights, put on pageants, and engage in exactly the things God told them not to do.

Jer 10:2-5

Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

These actions by Christians laugh in the face of the instructions God gave in the Old Testament.

And, divorce is quite okay in cases of sexual immorality

And how many christian divorce for reasons other than divorce.

Let not forget Christ commandment for remarriage

Luke 16:18

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Also note the penalty for adultery according to God's word.

Deut 22:22

If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

How many Christians have violated the clear instructions from Jesus regarding divorce? Yet, churches are virtually mute about this common practice.

Do you really want to know what a Christian has to say? Or, like so many responding here, just hope to see other "ex-Christians" answer "questions posed to Christians" in their stead.

Yes, I really want to know why xtians get so worked up about homosexuality when it's a relatively minor mention in the bible. I want to hear why it's so much more horrible than lying, or stealing, or anything else on the 10 commandments, because xtians (of the extremist, fundie kind) go to such great efforts to condemn it and make it basically a criminal act.

If you are one of these kinds of believers who feel gays are a terrible threat, I'd like to hear your reasons why. It doesn't seem very christlike to me.

Chances are, yes, I'll probably disagree because I think what consenting adults do in the bedroom is their own business. But I really would like to understand what drives this kind of obsession.

Yes, I really want to know why xtians get so worked up about homosexuality when it's a relatively minor mention in the bible. I want to hear why it's so much more horrible than lying, or stealing, or anything else on the 10 commandments, because xtians (of the extremist, fundie kind) go to such great efforts to condemn it and make it basically a criminal act.

Because lying and stealing and stuff like that aren't actually in the 10 commandments?

10 Then the LORD said: "I am making a covenant with you. Before all your people I will do wonders never before done in any nation in all the world. The people you live among will see how awesome is the work that I, the LORD, will do for you. 11 Obey what I command you today. I will drive out before you the Amorites, Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 12 Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land where you are going, or they will be a snare among you. 13 Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles. [a] 14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

15 "Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.

17 "Do not make cast idols.

18 "Celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Abib, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

19 "The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock. 20 Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons.

"No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

21 "Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

22 "Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year. 23 Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign LORD, the God of Israel. 24 I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your territory, and no one will covet your land when you go up three times each year to appear before the LORD your God.

25 "Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast, and do not let any of the sacrifice from the Passover Feast remain until morning.

26 "Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the LORD your God.

"Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."

27 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." 28 Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

So stop being a mocker yourself, refrain from filling your own cup and say something... Answer the question instead of being such a fucking self-righteous hypocrite.

Good grief... you're an idiot.

We're not asking any Australians what the tea tastes like in China... we're asking people FROM China, people who tasted the tea WHILE THEY WERE THERE, what the tea tastes like.

Remember... nearly all of us here WERE CHRISTIANS. This is indeed EX-Christian.net, not Never_was_a_fucking_Christian.net...

The amount of times we get prideful, blind and arrogant Christians coming here and telling US what we did or did not believe is staggering.

Well, get this fucktard... WE WERE CHRISTIANS, and your attempt to portray us as anything else is nothing more than a collossal lie... and you know that lying means you get BURNT.

So, fuck off and burn, you ignorant turd.

You ask me to take your word that you were once a Christian first off, I'm supposed to believe you. Sorry, if I can't see it or touch it, I don't believe it.

If you were once a Christian, then you claim to have once known Jesus Christ personally. If this is the case, than you admit to His reality and that you are in disobedience to him. If you claim He doesn't exist, and you have never met him because He isn't even real... then you were never a Christian... so which is it?

Yo, shitface...

Women aren't supposed to enjoy it at all. Sex, that is...

They're supposed to enjoy everything else, but sex is supposed to be a hurried affair that no-one should ever get any form of enjoyment out of.

All according to that fucked-up mysoganistic work of fiction that you call a holy book...

No, you are once again incorrect. I would like to know where you get your information? Certainly not from the Bible. Stop making stuff up so you can knock it down, and you'll be amazed at the stupid stuff you believed about Christianity. It's no wonder you aren't one.

Not to mention there is a prevailing image of homosexual men being effeminate, therefore physically weak. The fundies aren't worried gay men will kick their ass.

It goes along with this theory:

Why do hippies oppose fur and not leather?

Cuz no dumbass is going to throw red paint on a Biker.