Goodbye Jesus

Jesus is Lord....

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

1 Corinthians 12:2-4

3Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," I said Jesus be cursed! and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is lord! :o Holy shit, I'm filled with the Spirit!

I urge other ExChristians and Christians to try this same thing (of course out of utter fear of hell, some of our Christian members wouldn't dare say "Jesus be cursed" but go ahead say "Jesus is Lord."

According to Paul, because I can SAY, "Jesus is Lord" that means I am filled with the Holy Spirit, because NO ONE can say "Jesus is Lord" EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit....So, that being said...because the bible says it, that settles it...I'm just as much of a spiritual authority on the bible as any spirit filled Christian. My Holy Spirit tells me that the bible is a crock of shit and to do away with the damn bible and it's myths altogether.

Serenity, you are just too cool. :HaHa:

Jesus be cursed!!!!!

Jesus is Lord!!!!!

Actually, I have a good idea of what type of excuse they will give in order to explain just how in the world we're getting away with this, but I'll just wait'n see for now. :grin:

How much you wanna bet that this is one of those these three words are literal and these three words are spiritual apologetics?  LOL
Actually, I was thinking along the lines of getting prepared to be called "fence-sitters" and "Luke-warmies" as an explanation as to why we can "get away" with saying both of those statements. :HaHa:

Pssst...you thought when you opened this that you'd see me posting that I'd gone back to the cult, didn't ya???  ;)
Maybe a little bit. :close: Just a little... :HaHa:

[

According to Paul, because I can SAY, "Jesus is Lord" that means I am filled with the Holy Spirit, because NO ONE can say "Jesus is Lord" EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit....So, that being said...because the bible says it, that settles it...I'm just as much of a spiritual authority on the bible as any spirit filled Christian.  My Holy Spirit tells me that the bible is a crock of shit and to do away with the damn bible and it's myths altogether.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

THAT IS SOOOOO OUT OF CONTEXT!!!! God are you dumb!

:HaHa:

People say 'I love you' all the time. And yet no one can say 'I love you' and have their words be true unless they love the one they speak the phrase ' I love you' to.

I can't see the problem with this bit of the Bible.

When I was a Christian the only way I could say 'Jesus is Lord' and have it be true, was by subjecting my life to the belief that Jesus was my Lord and by allowing my life and responses to be shaped by a teaching I thought was the Holy Spirit.

The only was I could say 'Jesus be cursed' and have it mean anything was if it was an expression of abandoning the above set of beliefs.

I can see it now. We all pipe in with our little jesus is lord test and some bozo xtian is going to say "See, I told you every knee shall bow..."

3Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," I said Jesus be cursed! and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy SpiritJesus is lord!  :o   Holy shit, I'm filled with the Spirit!

I urge other ExChristians and Christians to try this same thing (of course out of utter fear of hell, some of our Christian members wouldn't dare say "Jesus be cursed"  but go ahead say "Jesus is Lord."

According to Paul, because I can SAY, "Jesus is Lord" that means I am filled with the Holy Spirit, because NO ONE can say "Jesus is Lord" EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit....So, that being said...because the bible says it, that settles it...I'm just as much of a spiritual authority on the bible as any spirit filled Christian.  My Holy Spirit tells me that the bible is a crock of shit and to do away with the damn bible and it's myths altogether.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Guest dastywoo

3Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," I said Jesus be cursed! and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy SpiritJesus is lord!  :o   Holy shit, I'm filled with the Spirit!

I urge other ExChristians and Christians to try this same thing (of course out of utter fear of hell, some of our Christian members wouldn't dare say "Jesus be cursed"  but go ahead say "Jesus is Lord."

Damn it! You found our secret remote control! That's how we get the spirit in, and then out again when we're ready.

"Hmm... I want the spirit in me. 'Jesus is Lord!' Wait, I'm tired of this now. 'Jesus be cursed!'"

:lmao:

Peace!

That loophole kicks ass!!!

People say 'I love you' all the time. And yet no one can say 'I love you' and have their words be true unless they love the one they speak the phrase ' I love you' to.

I can't see the problem with this bit of the Bible.

When I was a Christian the only way I could say 'Jesus is Lord' and have it be true, was by subjecting my life to the belief that Jesus was my Lord and by allowing my life and responses to be shaped by a teaching I thought was the Holy Spirit.

The only was I could say 'Jesus be cursed' and have it mean anything was if it was an expression of abandoning the above set of beliefs.

That was pretty on, and a Christian didn't even have to explain it.

And for the record, I do believe non-christians can have once been Christians (I do believe professing non-christians very well may have once actually been Christian)... It is just that not everyone who claims they were one, was one. Some were, but not all, and dare I say most (majority) never were.

That was pretty on, and a Christian didn't even have to explain it.

And for the record, I do believe non-christians can have once been Christians (I do believe professing non-christians very well may have once actually been Christian)... It is just that not everyone who claims they were one, was one.  Some were, but not all, and dare I say most (majority) never were.

Dan, according to your Carbon Copy of Truth™, you're not a Real Christian™ either.

I got a little secret for you, there has never been a Real Christian™ based upon the Biblical Regulations™ and there never will be.

And that, my good sir, is Truth. :mellow:

But you just keep that good'ol judgmental attitude up, and you'll never have to look in the mirror, m'kay?

Damn it! You found our secret remote control! That's how we get the spirit in, and then out again when we're ready.

"Hmm... I want the spirit in me. 'Jesus is Lord!' Wait, I'm tired of this now. 'Jesus be cursed!'"

:lmao:

Peace!

Clap on

Clap off

Some were, but not all, and dare I say most (majority) never were.

And I dare say you're quite full of shit, completely ignorant in this matter, and in massive loads of denial. Still fwee said it much better than I ever could. Fwee rules!

bdp

Hesistent, Yes, I know what you are saying.  Just pointing out another area in the "word" in which an absolute is given, in which there is no meat. The authors made mistakes by choosing many of the following words; cannot, always, except, nothing is impossible, it is impossible, no one can say, etc.

It is wrong, IMO, for a Christian to say that we cannot understand the bible because we are not spiritual and then pick and choose what words/phrases are to be interepreted "spiritually" and "literally".  When backed into a corner the not having a "spiritual" understanding of scriptures is thrown in the face of an Ex-believer.  I have no doubt that somewhere, there is some denomination out there who accept the bible as even more literal than I did and they truly believe that that passage is to be taken literally. 

I know that I took the verse out of context, but really, thats no different than what "believers" of tons of denominations do in order to read scripture as they want to.  A little tweak here, a little not literal there, ah spirtual here, a little cut, a little paste, a little twisting and "Viola!"  One can make the bible read however they want it to read.

You people are a lot closer to God than you relize.

Peace

Peace

Yes, we're a lot less different than Christians cast aspersions.

Although, perhaps, in a way, the statement may be the other way.

We may be very close to God, it may be Christians who are further away than they'll ever realize.

Shinedown - Stranger Inside

Don't push your ignorance on me

I'm not unrehearsed to your jealousy

And I know you think I don't see the signs

Well how do you know, do I look blind

So take it while you can

so you can meet demands

My insanity is what you thrive on

So rip it from my soul

so everyone will know in the end

We were never friends

Have you ever felt lost inside