Goodbye Jesus

Hi I'm back

Guest Thegoodbook

Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are fantasy, and I would not consider either of them to have empty words.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Mr. Neil

• Thurisaz

• Razor

Evolution was never a major topic for me until recently when fundamentalists started aggressively trying to get creationism recognized as science, which it plainly is not. Creationism (ergo ID) is religious ranting, nothing more.
Have you noticed that this is a running theme around here? Most if not all of us were able to deconvert without evolution ever being an issue.

As Giadarno Bruno saw the other worlds, those of us here use used to be theists only saw evolution as something that broadened our understanding of God's design. It was never a contradiction. Evolution was never a problem with believing in God.

Essentially, I stopped believing in God, because the necessity of design begged the question, and nobody could explain to me why wouldn't also infer that God must be designed. All I got was a lot of "shut up and sit down", and I continue to get answers like that. That is unacceptable.

I've said this a thousand times, and I'll say it again...

CHRISTIANS!!! Evolution is the LEAST of your problems!

Essentially, I stopped believing in God, because the necessity of design begged the question, and nobody could explain to me why wouldn't also infer that God must be designed.

I never thought of that before. Something as complex as an omnipotent god couldn't have just 'existed' or 'evolved'. Clearly he must have been designed - by the Flying Spaghetti Monster! :eek:

Thanks, Mr. Neil! I'll start forcing churches to start preaching my 'alternative theory' alongside the bible.

...perhaps it is because you seek to weaken a persons belief in God.

That could never happen to me, be assured.

Only a believer could say such a thing. A believer, a person who mush have something to believe in, something to cling to, regardless of the fact that there is absolutely no evidence supporting the existence of what the believer believes in.

You believe because you want to believe. It's that simple. Your faith cannot be weakened as long as you want to have faith. :twitch: Just like my love for tennis cannot be weakened as long as I want to love tennis.

Only a believer could say such a thing.  A believer, a person who mush have something to believe in, something to cling to, regardless of the fact that there is absolutely no evidence supporting the existence of what the believer believes in. 

You believe because you want to believe.  It's that simple.  Your faith cannot be weakened as long as you want to have faith. :twitch:   Just like my love for tennis cannot be weakened as long as I want to love tennis.

You will find in other threads I have posted here the Physical proof of the Word of God from the Bible translating into Physical Fact in the World we live in today.

You know what they say about how seeing is believing.

However I am aware that you people are not meant to believe in God yet, we are told in the Bible, each in his own time.

All I actualy do here is give you insights into what you will come to know one day for yourselves anyway.

Believe me it is not bad News.

Peace

You will find in other threads I have posted here the Physical proof of the Word of God from the Bible translating into Physical Fact in the World we live in today.

The bible is not physical proof. The bible is fiction. You cannot prove a myth using the source of the myth. You must have proof outside of it. That would be like trying to prove the existence of Harry Potter using only JK Rowling's books and the movies, or the existence of Superman using the comic books, novels, TV series, and movies. You must have proof outside of the myth's source that is not propaganda.

Y'mean like how the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it, or that rabbits chew cud and bats are birds?

Oh, wait...

However I am aware that you people are not meant to believe in God yet, we are told in the Bible, each in his own time.

Have you even read the freaking URL OF THIS SITE???? EX-CHRISTIAN.net - we already DID believe in God.

Have you even read the freaking URL OF THIS SITE????  EX-CHRISTIAN.net - we already DID believe in God.

Everyone coming here to preach seem to conveniently forget this part. :shrug:

As we all know by now, they can't accept that we really believed in the same god they believe in. Blah blah we were never true christians blah blah. It's so sad.

For Razor, a question. God is allpowerful. God is omniscient. Thus god knows everything and can do everything without any effort at all. Right?

Good.

Now: we were christians. We aren't christians anymore, each for his/her own reasons. If god is all powerful... AND he wants us to be christians and have faith... why doesn't he do anything about that? I mean, something we can really attribute only to a miracle, something utterly unnatural: finding 10$ on the ground while walking to the park is *not* enough to restore faith in someone.

God is all powerful. He could've stopped the tsunami in india. He could've stopped the hurricanes in america. He didn't. Why? Was it a TEST? To test people's faith? What kind of monster exterminates so many people just to test the survivors? :twitch:

May your answer be quick and your explanations make sense, brother.

Have you noticed that this is a running theme around here?  Most if not all of us were able to deconvert without evolution ever being an issue.

As Giadarno Bruno saw the other worlds, those of us here use used to be theists only saw evolution as something that broadened our understanding of God's design.  It was never a contradiction.  Evolution was never a problem with believing in God.

Essentially, I stopped believing in God, because the necessity of design begged the question, and nobody could explain to me why wouldn't also infer that God must be designed.  All I got was a lot of "shut up and sit down", and I continue to get answers like that.  That is unacceptable.

I've said this a thousand times, and I'll say it again...

CHRISTIANS!!!  Evolution is the LEAST of your problems!

Thank you Neil. This has to be explain to Christians over and over again.

Like you say, even if Evolution would be explained away, it doesn't prove Creation. It would only leave the door open for new questions.

There were atheists long time before the Evolution theory existed. So "evolutionist" doesn't mean atheist. There's no connection there.

And even a religious person could believe evolution was the process God used.

So in the end we get: apostacy does not depends on evolution.

Guest Thegoodbook

Einstein always said that the reason he devoted his life to the study of matter, which resulted in such trivial things as E=MC2 was that he wanted to understand what God had done to create the universe. Funny, he didn’t try to impress everyone with his genius.

Einstein always said that the reason he devoted his life to the study of matter, which resulted in such trivial things as E=MC2 was that he wanted to understand what God had done to create the universe. Funny, he didn’t try to impress everyone with his genius.

Einstein was a Deist, or maybe even Agnostic. Which version of God are you talking about?

He was not Christian, and especially not pentecostal or word of faith fundamentalist.

It can only mean one thing: Einstein was a Deist, then YOU my dear TGB, should deconvert and become a Deist, immediately, since that is the true faith that Einstein had! Or do you want to claim that Einstein was wrong in his assertion?

edit:

Besides, we have members on this site that are Deists, but they're still Ex-Christians. So your little argument about Einstein will do what? Convert the Deists on this site to become Deists???

Guest Thegoodbook
Einstein was a Deist, or maybe even Agnostic. Which version of God are you talking about?

He was not Christian, and especially not pentecostal or word of faith fundamentalist.

It can only mean one thing: Einstein was a Deist, then YOU my dear TGB, should deconvert and become a Deist, immediately, since that is the true faith that Einstein had! Or do you want to claim that Einstein was wrong in his assertion?

edit:

Besides, we have members on this site that are Deists, but they're still Ex-Christians. So your little argument about Einstein will do what? Convert the Deists on this site to become Deists???

He was a Jew

He was a Jew

Ah, good. Then you should convert to Judaism, and stop defending NT.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.

-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955, quoted from James A. Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" (1996)

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/einstein.htm

Evolution is a theory of biology and has nothing to do with the big bang.

Oh, but didn't you know? The big bang is the first basic concept of evolution known as Cosmic Evolution, the other five being Chemical Evolution, Evolution of Stars and Planets from Gas, Organic Evolution, Macro-Evolution and Micro-Evolution.

:grin::lmao::HaHa:

Well done...

Give us a list of quotes that have been mined so that they now say the exact opposite of what they really say, and link to a website that was created to defend the ICR.

With that kind of start, this thread can only get better...

Yeah, what are you thinking... when you argue against the credibility evolution you're supposed to support it and show why it's true. Silly goose.

He was a Jew

so was Sigmund Freud, but he did not believe in God. Being Jewish is also a nationality, not just a religion

Yeah? I heard it was an Ethnicity, but Nationality?

Yeah?  I heard it was an Ethnicity, but Nationality?

Correct. Even if Israel is a Jewish state, it doesn't mean that you become a Jew by getting a citizenship.

Unfortunately the word "Jew" is often used for two different meanings, one of them not being completely correct:

1. Jew by birth - the real meaning

2. Jew by faith - which is not necessarely correct

Jewish by birth doesn't mean that you are jewish by faith. I used to know many jews that were Christians.

Jewish by faith doesn't mean that you are jewish by birth. There are people of other ethnicities that have converted to judaism. But I don't think they're supposed to be called Jews though? Isn't this what prozelyte really means?

The argument is that to say someone is a Jew doesn't mean that this someone believes in God.

Even if those who are die hard evolution atheists, do not find evidence for their theory, they can never admit they are wrong.They have to answer to GOD HIMSELF one day.

You know, there's something I always wanted to know, fundie boy. Maybe you can give me the long-sought-for answer?

We all know that you fundies have kind of a Grand Plan to destroy all of science. We all know the steps 1, n-1 and n out of n steps total. Could you please fill in the blanks?

THE GRAND FUNDAMENTALIST PLAN TO DESTROY SCIENCE:

1. Make a completely, utterly uneducated and idiotic liar out of yourself.

n-1. WE WIN!

n. HA-HAAAAAH!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!

Can we have at least one creationist visit these forums who isn't incompetent?

Put your hand down, Gerbil.

:lmao::woohoo::lmao:

Well the creator of this Forum, left the the door open for debating with Christians.

And since the very day this was first allowed we never stopped wondering why (almost?) no single christian even tries. And no one of you cultists ever tried to debate science with us... always the SOS from you.

As I have posted above, how do you cultists think will your plan "We'll show them how dumb we are!" ever lead to "we win!!!"? :Hmm: