Goodbye Jesus

Formal Debate Challenge:

Asimov

Greetings:

This is a formal debate challenge on the subject of Evolutionary Theory vs. Creation Theory

Evolutionary Theory posits that all life descended through a single common ancestor and, through the process of biological mechanisms, produced the variation that we see today.

Creation Theory posits that all life was created by God in a 6-day creation event as stated in the bible anywhere from 6000 to 10,000 years ago and that Evolutionary Theory is wrong.

I will obviously take the stance that Evolutionary Theory is the more reasonable position to hold. Some debate proposals could be:

Resolved: Evolution is more reasonable that Creationism?

Resolved: Which is more reasonable, Evolution or Creationism?

Resolved: Which theory is based more on fact, Evolution or Creationism?

Resolved: Evolution is a myth.

So I will allow anyone to accept my challenge, they must be Christian and they must be Creationists, however.

Psst...may want to send to the actual formal debate forum section.

Psst...may want to send to the actual debate forum section.

We will, that is where the debate will take place.

Bumpity-bump! I wanna see this.

I would also like to see this debate.

Could you be more specific as to your definition of the Evolutionary Theory? If I were to get into this debate, I wouldn't want to get into a debate, debating something Creation already agrees with.

What's wrong people?  Too scared?
They probably see how well TJR is doing.

Edit: Ooooo... I spoke too soon.

Could you be more specific as to your definition of the Evolutionary Theory?  If I were to get into this debate, I wouldn't want to get into a debate, debating something Creation already agrees with.

Evolutionary Theory posits that all life descended through a single common ancestor and, through the process of biological mechanisms, produced the variation that we see today.

This is THE Evolutionary Theory, which includes all the mechanisms of Evolution including Natural Selection, Genetic Drift...etc.

If you mean that Creationist mumbo jumbo of Macro vs. Micro Evolution...well those distinctions don't really exist and are not in any way part of Evolutionary Theory.

This is THE Evolutionary Theory, which includes all the mechanisms of Evolution including Natural Selection, Genetic Drift...etc.

If you mean that Creationist mumbo jumbo of Macro vs. Micro Evolution...well those distinctions don't really exist and are not in any way part of Evolutionary Theory.

If you are going to tell me that things have changed overtime, lets not even debate... because I don't argue that. I argue that they have not changed as much as you believe. You assume that the world behaves as it "always" has... At least that's what the Evolutionary theory assumes. This cannot be proven. So, lets just solve the debate now and say that you take by faith that the world has always gone on as it has been observed to evolve for an undocumented amount of time, and I believe that there was a time when the world was brought into existance fully formed as the Bible states. I believe in God, you believe in nothing and billions (millions... trillions... googleplex, or however many years you'd like) have effected this nothing to bring us into existance. We can save both of us a lot of time if we just agree to disagree.

2 Peter 3:3-7

First of all you must understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own passions and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things have continued as they were from the beginning of creation." They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water, through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

If you are going to tell me that things have changed overtime, lets not even debate... because I don't argue that.  I argue that they have not changed as much as you believe.  You assume that the world behaves as it "always" has... At least that's what the Evolutionary theory assumes.  This cannot be proven.  So, lets just solve the debate now and say that you take by faith that the world has always gone on as it has been observed to evolve for an undocumented amount of time, and I believe that there was a time when the world was brought into existance fully formed as the Bible states. 

Nice way to back out.

Don't forget to tuck your tail while you run.

I believe in God, you believe in nothing and billions (millions... trillions... googleplex, or however many years you'd like) have effected this nothing to bring us into existance.  We can save both of us a lot of time if we just agree to disagree.

No I don't, and fuck you for saying that.

Nice way to back out. 

Don't forget to tuck your tail while you run.

No I don't, and fuck you for saying that.

I'd prefer to make the bulk of my argument, straight forward Word from the Bible. For instance, refer to 2 Peter 3:3-7 above.

First of all you must understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own passions and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things have continued as they were from the beginning of creation." They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water, through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

And God bless you for cursing me.

I'd prefer to make the bulk of my argument, straight forward Word from the Bible.  For instance, refer to 2 Peter 3:3-7 above.

And God bless you for cursing me.

What's your point? Obviously you have no leg to stand on to debate me, so you quote bible verses of total irrelevance AFTER insulting me by stating what my beliefs are.

So you misrepresent me and then go on a tangent that has nothing to do with anything.

What's your point?  Obviously you have no leg to stand on to debate me, so you quote bible verses of total irrelevance AFTER insulting me by stating what my beliefs are. 

So you misrepresent me and then go on a tangent that has nothing to do with anything.

If I misrepresented you... tell me what you believe, and if what I said is misrepresenting of that belief, then I will definitely aplogize for doing wrong.

If I misrepresented you... tell me what you believe, and if what I said is misrepresenting of that belief, then I will definitely aplogize for doing wrong.

I believe in the epistemic systems of logic, science, and rational thought.

I believe in the epistemic systems of logic, science, and rational thought.

Good, then we agree on at least that bit. :woohoo: I really can't figure many people would disagree there. In fact, I'm quite sure proponents on both side of all debates have convinced themselves of nothing less.

Good, then we agree on at least that bit.  :woohoo: I really can't figure many people would disagree there.  In fact, I'm quite sure proponents on both side of all debates have convinced themselves of nothing less.

You still haven't apologized.

If you truly believe that your belief is true, in regards to the epistemic systems, then enter into the formal debate. Otherwise, stop saying that Evolution is false.

I volunteer to enter the debate if you like.

Lets pick a Catergory, lets get specific here, lets pick the catergory that most people believe the Christian Creationism view point could never win.

Catergory

Which theory is based more on fact, Evolution or Creationism?

I would like to open by saying by what time scale do you measure a Day for God?

What physical proof of measure do you have that a day measured in time for God is the same time measure for the day of a man.

For a man a day we know is 24 hours , but what of God, for all we know a Day for God could be a Billion years.

How could you qualify yourself or proove any time measure to compare with a day for God, when your side of the debate requires total disbelief in God?

These are only my opening remarks.

Evolutionist response and opening remarks to come.

Peace

It would be nice to have another debate added to the debate forum besides amanda's and mine.

Which theory is based more on fact, Evolution or Creationism?
I don't know if you could have selected a more difficult topic for yourself. It's not a matter of which is based more on fact. The problem for you is that the only fact of creation is that the Bible says so. But if you actually plan on making an argument that the book of Genesis itself is based on fact, then you've got a huge problem. Evidentially, you have nothing.

Not to discourage you, but you just picked the Titanic.

I would like to open by saying by what time scale do you measure a Day for God?
Whoa...whoa... whoa... Asimov was only proposing a debate. This is not the debate itself. There is actually a formal debate section where the actual debate will take place. You may want to take a little time to come up with a more complete opening statement while we await confirmation from Asimov.

For a man a day we know is 24 hours , but what of God, for all we know a Day for God could be a Billion years.
If I can make a suggestion here, you're going to get the tar beaten out of you if you start quibbling over the length of days in the creation, mainly because you're actually trying to read an interpretation into the Bible with an argument like that. You'd have to justify an interpretation in which a creation day might not mean a 24 hour day. Otherwise, why should anyone think otherwise?

Again, this is only a suggestion, so don't respond.

Evolutionist response and opening remarks to come.
Evolution is a theory of biology. I think you better do some studying before this debate begins, or else Asimov is just going to destroy you.

And no, I'm not just cheering for my biases. I'm serious here. I don't think you understand the topic at all.

This thread has been locked as Asimov and Razor have agreed to a formal debate. Asimov/Razor, please submit a Formal Debate Proposal in the Arena. Examples are given, both on how to do it and how not to do it. Please use the template as a guide. Once this is done, I will establish a Peanut Gallery and Debate Thread. Please be aware, debaters are NOT allowed to post in the Peanut Gallery nor are observers alled to post int e debate Thread.

Bruce