Kundalini Christians? Toronto "blessing" Madness?

turtlelover

OK.....I find this hysterical and somewhat disturbing. The thing is, Christians always seem to think that their OWN views about the "Holy Spirit" are correct and that if someone else has a different experience w/ the so-called "Holy Spirit" that they are possessed by demons. Hmmmmm.....could it be that it is all crap and that people are just going into a hypnotic state????

I remember when this hit New Zealand, 15 -18 years ago, even then, when I was a xian, I found this just weird, stupid and very disturbing. It all seemed false to me, and that was when I was 'on fire' for the Lord.

So, they are trying to incorporate Hinduism into Christianity...great.

I grew up w/ a fundamentalist Baptist pastor anti-Charismatic father and a Charismatic tongue-speaking, Benny Hinn adoring mother -- of course, they constantly fought over whose theology was correct. She had some "way out" experiences, but I think this has her beat!!!

Don't laugh too hard but seeing this video kinda helps me. As a former "prophetic" charismatic Christian, one of the hang ups I've had is how to explain all these experiences I've had and witnessed. It's been easy to research the origins of the bible, the origins of the hell doctrine, the early Christian church and the new testament. I've researched and the evidence clearly shows a human construct. But I haven't always known what to do with all the crazy shit that happened. I've chalked it up to group think, emotionally charged environments and left it at that.

Actually SEEING it happen in other religions helps me more fully understand that this is a part of human nature/psychology. I don't understand why people like Andrew strom and whoever is "researching" this "evil" spirit can't take their research one step further and see that as well.

Thanks for posting this.

Freedom

Guest Babylonian Dream

Yeah I know. And I thought Christianity on its own was bad. They just get worse and worse. Then memes fuse into an even worse, more deluded one.

Guest I Love Dog

Yeah I know. And I thought Christianity on its own was bad. They just get worse and worse. Then memes fuse into an even worse, more deluded one.

Christianity was never original, anyway, just an infusion, with influences from all over the place and been so ever since, with so many ridiculous rituals and beliefs!

As someone who has never been involved with this stuff, I read an account of the Kundalini Awakening in "Eat, Pray, Love" and made an immediate connection between the experience the author was describing and descriptions of Christian charismatic frenzy. It's amazing to me that some of the Christian groups that are most hostile toward other faiths are the ones closest to them in practice. Their hostility is a defense mechanism against losing their high to something that is clearly "of the Devil".

Phanta

It is interesting to see this now that I'm on the outside. I spent the last decade of my Christian walk in that branch, and saw this on a fairly continual basis. I didn't experience much of it in my own body, except for a few times of feeling power course through me and trembling like a stretched-out Slinky toy. I recall hearing of shrieks and people collapsing during Charles Finney's preaching, though he didn't tolerate it. The Shakers and Quakers were called that because of the trembling and shaking their bodies had when they felt "God". It's all the same stuff, so isn't an "invasion" as the first video says. He also misrepresents Kundalini, and never really does describe it. But I guess that is how a serious Christian would tend to interpret it.

Kundalini Awakening means something like "releasing the serpent". The idea is that there is a snake of energy coiled at the base of the spine, and when it is released, it sends an electricity-like feeling through the body and up through the head.

So, there's some irony right there. This holy thing charismatics are experiencing is called, by their hindu counterparts, by the name of a great enemy of God's people: the serpent.

I bet it feels really good, though, so, even if the connection between the pagan ecstatic practice and this charismatic process were presented, they wouldn't want to give it up. Just like anything of the devil.

*chuckle*

Phanta

I wonder if any atheists have similar experiences... hmmmm.....