Goodbye Jesus

The Christians are coming!!!

Guest aexapo

Lovin' the new threads with the Christians, and watching them squirm around their faulty conclusions.

In my future replies to "them," though, I hereby resolve that I will not submit to their mythological terminology in a way that unintentionally gives credence where it is not due. Calling their mythological deity "God" by default alludes, at least semantically, that such a deity or deities exist.

From here on out, I will refer to "their creator delusion" as YIF, or, "your imaginary friend."

Hey, we shouldn't converse with any of these people any differently than the manner a psychologist converses with a patient that similarly hears and sees and feels people that aren't there.

Of course, we can be nicer to those who respect our POV, but for those who think we are under "the influence of Satan," -- the gloves are off.

YIF in a sentence:

"I know that you believe in YIF, but I don't -- have you stopped taking your pills?"

YIF? Like...getting Yiffy? Hehehehehe

Wow. I LIKE IT.

YIF it is from now on.

Hail, aexapo.

:notworthy:

YIF. That's a good one. :grin:

Did Jesus really say "Back in a jiffy", or was it meant to be "I'll be your YIF-ie".

Maybe the apostles were half deaf and needed a miracle. Jesus must've missed that...

Maybe Jesus was really swedish.

And he said, yumpin yimminee yehosophat. I'm goin on my yourney now, but remain yubilant. Cause I'll be back in a yiffie.

Of course, we can be nicer to those who respect our POV, but for those who think we are under "the influence of Satan," -- the gloves are off.

YIF in a sentence:  "I know that you believe in YIF, but I don't -- have you stopped taking your pills?"

Aexapo, while I can appreciate the humor in all of this, and I can certainly relate to your feelings on the subject, the problem I see is that we lose our audience and ability to have any dialogue with people if we treat them with little or no respect.

Just a word to the wise... ;)

Aexapo, while I can appreciate the humor in all of this, and I can certainly relate to your feelings on the subject, the problem I see is that we lose our audience and ability to have any dialogue with people if we treat them with little or no respect.

Just a word to the wise...  ;)

Two lefts don't make a parallelogram?

Dammit. There always has to be an adult in the group messin everything up.

Dammit.  There always has to be an adult in the group messin everything up.

Just remember, there are consequences. :close:

Play as you wish. Take a break from debates when the stuff gets to you?

Two lefts don't make a parallelogram?

Somebody has to have some manners around here and Christians are not strong in that discipline.

War is not always a viable alternative.

You know, something along these lines has occurred to me. How we get all upset when we get accused of not having been a "true christian"..

How freakin ridiculous it that, to get all pissed off? It's accepting the rules of the game as defined by them.

OF COURSE we weren't true christians. Because THERE ARE no true christians..

D'oh. :Doh:

True, and while my post is slightly (but not completely) tongue-in-cheek, in order to have a conversation between opposing sides, one must agree on terminology. While I'm sure "they" would resent to their delusion being referred to their "imaginary friend" (which is what the idea really is), I would certainly resent being forced to comply with language that accepts certain "facts," and calling a figment of other people's imagination a "god" legitimizes their claim.

I certainly don't know what we could call "it," since anything "less than God" would insult them, but I no longer want to use language that certifies any of their false beliefs.

Speaking of "less than God," maybe <God would be an alternative? :grin:

Maybe this is an alternative . . . TIRTAG (the idea referred to as god).

Of course, when sarcastic, I could still use YIF?

To be truly respectful, you must use Y_F.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehehehhehe :HaHa: OMYIF Dio I was on the floor with this one.

To be truly respectful, you must use Y_F.

:lmao: Very good!

Someone might read it as F_Y instead, which could be interpreted in a different way!

"Well, F_Y too!!!" :HaHa:

That is true Reach. The only thing is that usually the other side is not interested in dialogue. Of course, then we fulfill their self made prophecy that all non-believers are angry and hate christians. So, no matter the approach there really is no opportunity for dialogue. :ugh:

Cant we all just treat them like two year olds?

Just a thought

-Jake

I still like IPU (Invisible Pink, Purple, Plaid, Polka-dotted, Puce, or Periwinkle Unicorn, as you wish.)