Goodbye Jesus

Hearing Voices

Mythra

The current battle is of epic proportions (I do not make this claim idly either) It is a battle between me and my demons. Only two people in the world have a clue as to the power and nature of my demons (besides me) and they will probably never read this. But just the same, these demons are stronger than even I gave them credit for, and now they are taking my best blows, and not even staggering. I'm afraid, very afraid. If they win, then a lot of people will be badly hurt.

This is an exerpt from a blog written by Joseph Duncan just before he killed two adults, a teenage boy, and then kidnapped two young kids from the same house in northern Idaho, later killing one of them, a nine year old boy.

The BTK killer, Dennis Rader, also claimed that demons were talking to him, forcing him to kill.

There seems to be a disproportionate number of people who go off the deep end like this, who come from ultra-religious backgrounds where they are raised with the idea that God talks to people personally. Once they start "hearing voices", occasionally it gets twisted and "satanic beings" are also able to converse with them and convince them to do things. They don't realize that it is ALL their own thoughts.

Now, I see christians coming here to this site, who all but say that God sent them here, and they are just doing what they are told.

I think that being convinced someone (whether a demon or a god) is talking to you - and directing you to do things, is very unhealthy. I've been there. I've made a complete ass of myself witnessing to people and telling them about the gospel - from out of the blue. I did it because I believed I was being directed by God to do it.

I now know that my thoughts are just my thoughts, and there is no external sources whispering in my ear. And I can tell you, this is a better, more sane way to live.

Yeah! Mythra's right!

At least when we have homicidal urges, we KNOW it is our own frustrations and angers driving us to rip someone's eyeballs out their ass!!

We.....

<whisper whisper>

Oooooh. Never mind. Pay no attention. I'm doing well today. I hope you are having a good day too. :10::fun:

:wicked: Kinda grabs you right at the start, don't it? You probably thought ol' Mythra has slipped a cog.

The current battle is of epic proportions (I do not make this claim idly either)  It is a battle between me and my demons. Only two people in the world have a clue as to the power and nature of my demons (besides me) and they will probably never read this. But just the same, these demons are stronger than even I gave them credit for, and now they are taking my best blows, and not even staggering.  I'm afraid, very afraid.  If they win, then a lot of people will be badly hurt.

This is an exerpt from a blog written by Joseph Duncan just before he killed two adults, a teenage boy, and then kidnapped two young kids from the same house in northern Idaho, later killing one of them, a nine year old boy.

The BTK killer, Dennis Rader, also claimed that demons were talking to him, forcing him to kill.

There seems to be a disproportionate number of people who go off the deep end like this, who come from ultra-religious backgrounds where they are raised with the idea that God talks to people personally.  Once they start "hearing voices",  occasionally it gets twisted and "satanic beings" are also able to converse with them and convince them to do things.  They don't realize that it is ALL their own thoughts.

Now, I see christians coming here to this site, who all but say that God sent them here, and they are just doing what they are told. 

I think that being convinced someone (whether a demon or a god) is talking to you - and directing you to do things, is very unhealthy.  I've been there.  I've made a complete ass of myself witnessing to people and telling them about the gospel -  from out of the blue.  I did it because I believed I was being directed by God to do it.

I now know that my thoughts are just my thoughts, and there is no external sources whispering in my ear.  And I can tell you, this is a better, more sane way to live.

I know most people dont' want to hear this but its pretty simple to me. I did an enorumous amount of reading into schzophrenia and bi-polar conditions a few years ago. I was in the midst of "breakdown" from learning I had "panic disorder". I immediatly figured the diagnosis was wrong and that I would develop schzophrenia (later I learned this is the number one fear of people with Anxiety/panic disorders...haha). So I spent about 2 years becoming basically agorophobic and spending all my time reading and scaring the shit out of myself with mental help books. It was also during this time that the Andrea Yates story took place and some other women who killed their kids.

Everything I read about schzophrenia while scaring the crap out of because I thought I was going to "get it" pointed in the direction that its nothing more then a disease of the brain. No different then a physical disease...only obvioulsy this one affects a area of the body that allows us to think. It much harder to treat and figure out due to the complextity of the brain. And we are not so far advanced with treating illnesses in my opinion. Just 100 years ago most people would die from flus/colds/and other viruses that we can now treat. And I think 100 years from now some of the modern day plagues including the ones of the mind will be very treatable.

People of course LOVE to assign demons and real "voices" to people with these mental disorders. I think thats extremly lame considering the times we live in and I would hope that people could start letting go of these ridiculous superstitions when it comes to things like this. Think about how WEIRD your dreams can be sometimes. I mean honestly they can be INSANE!!!! Now what if that part of your brain was being "fired" so to speak while you were awake? You would see all kinds of weird things, hear people who aren't really there!!! I've had people who were trying to kill me in my dreams, Ive killed people in my dreams....so why is it so hard to believe that there is a disease that can affect that part of you brain while your awake?? Its a simple explanation for me. Doesn't mean its correct though.

Sorry for the long post!

Sorry my point was that I think most of these cases are nothing more then mentally ill people. Or they could just be brainwashed from their extreme religous beliefs.

:wicked: Kinda grabs you right at the start, don't it?  You probably thought ol' Mythra has slipped a cog.

:lmao:

I did think you had lost it, but then I read it again and the light came on.

Finally, a voice of sanity! W00T!

Also, it brings to mind some anorexics who recently started a cult around "Ana," that critical inner voice in their heads. Yeah, the one that tells you "you're no good, you're ugly, you're fat, you're lazy, etc." They're calling it a goddess.

I wonder if that's how religion got started in the first place?

Sorry my point was that I think most of these cases are nothing more then mentally ill people. Or they could just be brainwashed from their extreme religous beliefs.

There is a difference?