Goodbye Jesus

What Are The Biblegod's Absolute Morals?

agnosticator

I have asked Christians this many times, and received few (if any) answers. You'd think biblical morals would be contemplated and obeyed daily, so it should be easy to get a detailed answer. It's not that I am ignorant of what is claimed to be absolute (i.e., morals that should never be violated), and are timeless, unchanging commands from the biblegod. It is that I see most biblical morals so out of whack that they are really immoral and/or irrelevant. Enlighten me, Christians, as to how they are not.

So Christians, please identify specific biblical morals (with reference to texts) commanded by the biblegod. Let's see how uniquely Christian they are. Let's see the complete collection. Convert this agnostic apostate back to the fold with God's Goodness!

Guest Babylonian Dream

Be an obedient slave is one absolute Bible moral, its found in both testaments.

Be an obedient wife is also found in both testaments.

Be an obedient slave is one absolute Bible moral, its found in both testaments.

Be an obedient wife is also found in both testaments.

and I thought the Truth would set us free.

In my opinion the only absolute moral that is clearly defined in the bible is to put biblegod in front of everything else. All the other "morals" in the bible are ambiguous, immoral, or conflict with other morals or examples given in the bible.

In my opinion the only absolute moral that is clearly defined in the bible is to put biblegod in front of everything else.

That's very similar to what I was going to say: The only moral absolute in the bible is to not piss off gawd.

All the other "morals" in the bible are ambiguous, immoral, or conflict with other morals or examples given in the bible.

...and/or can be arrived at without the bible or christianity.

I think he's against shellfish and camel-toe or some split hoof thing..Wendyshrug.gif

I have asked Christians this many times, and received few (if any) answers.

I don't know why I expected anything different!

Thank you ExCers, for replying with answers no self-respecting believer would ever dare to think, let alone say. Their silence only goes to reinforce my suspicion that they can't admit how most biblical morals don't pass the test of decency. And that there is nothing absolute in the bible that would be absolutely good for humanity.

I think he's against shellfish and camel-toe or some split hoof thing..Wendyshrug.gif

Camel-toe!!! Now that's something to be FOR. :HaHa:

Guest I Love Dog

Death for Adultery:

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Cursing Parents:

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Shut Up Women!:

As in all the churches of the holy ones, women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. But if they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:33-35 NAB)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night:

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions:

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals:

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

(Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

and so on and so forth!

Many thanks to http://www.evilbible.com for bringing the morals of the bible god to everyone's attention.

I'd say a nice god would go with "do what feels right".

But that doesn't sound Like God does it?