Goodbye Jesus

Finally my eximony

Ouroboros

Hans you have had a hard road. Your story tore me up as well. ::hugs::

Hans you have had a hard road. Your story tore me up as well. ::hugs::

Well, what's being hard, is that I didn't get injured. Nothing at all. I had to see my family getting hurt, and there was nothing I could do.

There are no words that can express the depth of emotions you must have felt through all of it. I'm speechless. My best to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your story.

Oh man. Wow. That was just...augh. That blew my mind. Thank you for sharing.

Becca

• 4 weeks later...

My Eximony (version 1.1 - 10/14/2005)

Hans

Thank you so much for your painful sharing. I think there is so much to learn form your story, and I will look forward to next version.

I hope you and your family are having better times now

I hope you and your family are having better times now

I'd say we do. After leaving religion behind me, and so did my wife and kids, we have reached a peace and harmony that we didn't have before, but not saying that sometimes it gets a bit chaotic. :)

Guest No. XIII

Thank you for sharing that Han, I was very moved by your story. I think you are a good person, (the kind of father/husband/ and family man I hope to be one day lol) and I wish the best for you and yours.

It is hard when you expect for God to be there in your time of crisis but only to realize that your prayers have fallen on deaf ears. Unlike my former God, me and many others on this site feel compassion for you and would gladly help in anyway possible. U and your family stay strong man, take it easy.

Peace

Hans.

I can only add my feelings of sadness and admiration, in the way you have handled this whole painful episode in your life. Reading your story just makes me angry the way christians are told to expect their prayers to be answered, but are not given rational reasons when this doesn't happen.

Take care, and lots of love and hugs to your family.

Kevin:

Hans.

I can only add my feelings of sadness and admiration, in the way you have handled this whole painful episode in your life. Reading your story just makes me angry the way christians are told to expect their prayers to be answered, but are not given rational reasons when this doesn't happen.

Take care, and lots of love and hugs to your family.

Kevin:

Thanks Kevin (and all others in the previous posts too :wave: )

What's interesting is that if we never had the teaching of prayer-answer-theology, there would be a lot less people falling away (or climbing out of) the religion! In a sense this literal or fundamentalist theology that we have so much of today, it only is hurting the religion.

Looking at religion as a meme-virus, fundamentalism is like the spanish-flu. It's spreading like a epidemic, and it kills of peoples faith. Maybe it's a meme-virus that eventually will die from starvation? No one want to believe it anymore. It could be the beginning of the new era of people that actually become rational? It's just going to be worse before it gets better.

-edit-

Oh, I forgot. It was the 9 year anniversary of the accident yesterday. It was a Saturday morning, November 23rd, 1996.

It's now 9 years and 1 day since I sat in a hospital room in UCLA with one of my daughters, not knowing where the rest of my family were, or if they were alive.

Time goes fast when you look back, but those times are not anything I want to live through again. But I know now both me, my wife and my family have the strength to do so. The real and true heroes are my wife and my kids. And I love them sooo much. They're the reason I could survive this event too. I saw them pulling through, so then so did I.