Goodbye Jesus

God's Promise To Noah Protects Us From Global Warming

TexasFreethinker

'The planet won't be destroyed by global warming because God promised Noah,' says politician bidding to chair U.S. energy committee

Last updated at 12:31 PM on 10th November 2010

A Republican congressman hoping to chair the powerful House Energy Committee refers to the Bible and God on the issue of global warming.

Representative John Shimkus insists we shouldn't concerned about the planet being destroyed because God promised Noah it wouldn't happen again after the great flood.

Speaking before a House Energy Subcommittee on Energy and Environment hearing in March, 2009, Shimkus quoted Chapter 8, Verse 22 of the Book of Genesis.

He said: 'As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease.'

The Illinois Republican continued: 'I believe that is the infallible word of God, and that's the way it is going to be for his creation.

'The earth will end only when God declares its time to be over. Man will not destroy this earth.

From here

Here's a big shout out to the voters who put this genius into office. I hope his district is the first one to go under!

• Super Moderator

Oh Shit!

Sorry, but that's about all I can say on the subject right now......

Wendybanghead.gifWendybanghead.gifWendybanghead.gifWendybanghead.gifWendybanghead.gif

Guest Babylonian Dream

Can anyone spell, m-o-r-o-n-i-c?

In a way, he's half right. God did say he'd never destroy the earth because of mankind again, but then we have the New Testament....