Goodbye Jesus

I'm BACK!!!!!

BuddhistCommunist

I'm back home now after living at that Warehouse for three weeks. I appreciate everyone that stood by me offered their help. I met some Wiccan Friends and We had a long argument with several christians about bullshit. And I came up with an interesting chart.

The difference between Buddhism and Christianity

1. Buddhists use Science to reinforce their beliefs, Christians use the bible to reinforce their psuedo-science.

2. Buddhist ideas of energy which go back to the Buddha are being proven by science more and more everyday, Christian Ideas of science and God are being disproven more and more everyday.

3. Buddhism does not deny or promote a god or dogma. Christianity declares their god true and all others false.

4. Buddhism Teaches you to trust yourself and get yourself out of situations, Christianity asks you to pray to an invisible being, And blame the wrong on another invisible being.

5.Buddhism teaches Philosophies that are meant to be interpreted. Christianity has philosophies meant to be taken literally

I could go on and on....

Well i'm glad to be back home

Aufwiedersehen,

BC

Hey budha man:

Happy to see you made it back home. Hope life gets back to normal for ya soon.

Sounds like some interesting discussions you had while in hurricane exile.

Just think. When you are a really old dude, you'll still remember the experiences you've had the last few weeks.

Welcome back BC. Glad to hear you are well...

:thanks:

:grin: Hello Buddhist Communist! I hope to learn a lot about Buddhism from you! (I like Wiccan too) Thanks for bringing up this topic! Uh-hummm I do have some concerns about your post's interpretation of Christianity though... and hence, a debate :wicked:

1. Buddhists use Science to reinforce their beliefs, Christians use the bible to reinforce their psuedo-science.

Actually, Budhha was 500 years before Jesus, and science was not in its element yet for really either period. I think there are many Christians that respect and accept science... me for one.

2. Buddhist ideas of energy which go back to the Buddha are being proven by science more and more everyday, Christian Ideas of science and God are being disproven more and more everyday.

C'mon, my friend, Christians believe that the energy goes to God/Buddha too! Remember, spirit to spirit, dust to dust?

3. Buddhism does not deny or promote a god or dogma. Christianity declares their god true and all others false.

Let me point out a distinction here. PEOPLE in Christianity may promote a dogma, but Christ did not! Christianity has probably done more to incorporate all other religions than any other. We have many pagan rituals inside the Christian practices. Christ taught to be inclusive, not exclusive... and has given us the goal of reconsiliation of all.

4. Buddhism Teaches you to trust yourself and get yourself out of situations, Christianity asks you to pray to an invisible being, And blame the wrong on another invisible being.

No, no, no, my friend, it seems you might be misunderstanding. Christ/God is within us! It is this power within us that is greater than we give ourselves credit... and searching and meditating into this realm... we will find the answers and/or guidance. Jesus says to pick up our cross/burdens and follow him, as he will show us a way to overcome... to those that need help. We have to do it, it has to come from within us, we are to be overcomers ourself. IMO, FWIW.

5.Buddhism teaches Philosophies that are meant to be interpreted. Christianity has philosophies meant to be taken literally

Communist Buddhist, I don't think so. Most of these Christian writings are to be interpreted also. Sure, there are some literal messages... but many are not, hence "for those who have an ear, let them hear."

Now for a question to you, how does Buddha feel about reincarnation? It is a fascenating topic to me, 75% of the world believes it. I think Buddhism is a great follower of this belief, and that component is how they choose the Dali Lama. I watched a documentary in regards to this process of finding the reincarnated Dali Lama, it was riveting. :thanks:

I don't have time to participate in this conversation at the moment, but I do want to say welcome back home, BC! I'm glad you survived all that madness and rage of Mother Nature. Sometimes, the Old Lady surely loses her temper! ;)

I bet you know better than most that there's no place like home.

Hi Buddhist Communist!

I was unaware of your 'hurricane' plight! Are you from New Orleans? :eek: I'm from Florida... have been through worse hurricanes, yet did not suffer such challenging consequences as in New Orleans! Wow! Where ever you're from in hurricane territory, I'm glad you have it behind you. I haven't been able to visit this site as much as usual lately, so I must of missed it. As always, I'm glad to see you! :grin:

Buddhism is inclusive, C is exclusive