Goodbye Jesus

Argh - medical stupidity...

godlessgrrl

I'm doing design work right now for courtroom presentations.

Current case we're working on is about a botched delivery. Botched BIGTIME. Which could've been prevented by the physician by a C-section, very easily. Except the doc was a Mormon and didn't believe in anything but natural (i.e., vaginal) childbirth.

So the kid sat in his mom's womb, breathing meconium for 12 hours. Born dead, basically. Revived, and is permanently brain damaged.

Gotta love religious convictions. :vent:

Guest Challenger

Both of my girls were born by C-section.

The second one was very, very dicey and if it had waited. . .I don't even want to think about it. That night I was as scared as I've ever been.

I hope you nail that doctor to the wall.

Challenger

Now he he can pray for a healing. Glory to god! heh...

Sick. Sick. Sick. :loser: There's no reason on earth to do that to a baby. No reason! They should put these parents in prison so they don't hurt anybody else.

:vent::vent:

Sounds like a cover your ass argument. May want to check the Mormon views on chilbirth and delivery, as I am pretty sure that there is no such restriction.

Go forth and screw up that quack's day.

Sick.  Sick.  Sick.  :loser:   There's no reason on earth to do that to a baby.  No reason!  They should put these parents in prison so they don't hurt anybody else. 

:vent:   :vent:

It was the doctor, not the parents.

Sick. Just sick.

Merlin

...Fuck, in a case like this, who needs a trial?

Just gimme a goddamned scalpel...

Sue the doctor, the hospital, and whoever gave the fucktard a license!!

Sounds like a cover your ass argument.  May want to check the Mormon views on chilbirth and delivery, as I am pretty sure that there is no such restriction.

Go forth and screw up that quack's day.

Damn straight! Being as I was raised LDS, this one touches pretty close to home for me. I'm no expert on LDS theology, but I do have a solid understanding, and I can't think of a single justification for something like that. Every Mormon I've ever known would be just as much an advocate of nailing that bastard to the wall as we are.

Had I the power, I'd see the fucker excommunicated on top of the prison reaming he so richly deserves.

Current case we're working on is about a botched delivery. Botched BIGTIME. Which could've been prevented by the physician by a C-section, very easily. Except the doc was a Mormon and didn't believe in anything but natural (i.e., vaginal) childbirth.

Sounds like the parents should have done more homework on this doctor. This doctor should be jailed. So sad for the parents and this poor little child who now can barely make it in this world. :loser::loser:

Yeah, it was the doc, not the folks. I don't know much else about the doc's general competence; maybe they thought he was fine - until delivery day came, and he fucked it up royally.

They're going after his ass bigtime. I'm just hoping the graphics we make help. (Which they generally do.)

I wasn't kidding about getting the LDS church involved in the matter. I don't know if you can do this as a legal consultant/representative, but I think you should suggest the idea to the couple, especially if they're LDS as well. I'm sure his religious punishment wouldn't be anywhere near as drastic as I'd like it to be--I'm really not even sure the church would take disciplinary action, unfortunately. I do know that all the folks I know and grew up with would be appalled by this, and I can only hope the leadership of the LDS church would feel the same.

I wasn't kidding about getting the LDS church involved in the matter. <some snippage here>

Eh, if I were more involved in the case, or knew the couple, I might suggest it (and perhaps it has been suggested to them at some point, I don't know). But I'll probably never meet them. I'm a junior designer at a firm creating courtroom visuals for the mom's attorney. So I'm familiar enough with the case to know how to create visuals for it, but heh - I'm kinda removed from the action, so to speak.

FWIW tho', they are suing the ass off the doc & the hospital.

Heh, as another footnote I found out today that the doc has changed his story (on his 5th deposition, no less) and now claims that he offered the woman a C-section, and she turned it down for spiritual reasons.

Smeghead. :Wendywhatever:

I'm doing design work right now for courtroom presentations.

So the kid sat in his mom's womb, breathing meconium for 12 hours. Born dead, basically. Revived, and is permanently brain damaged.

Gotta love religious convictions.  :vent:

Then this doc does not qualify to work as a professional. I hope they nail him to the wall, fire him, and then examine the records of other LDS practitioners. Religious freedom in no way qualifies this guy for a free pass in what is obvious medical malpractice. It would be interesting to know if they could possibly get a criminal conviction - doubt it, but he deserves it.

Sick.  Sick.  Sick.  :loser:   There's no reason on earth to do that to a baby.  No reason!  They should put these parents in prison so they don't hurt anybody else. 

:vent:   :vent:

It is my understanding from the OP that it was the doc, not the parents who was at fault.

Sounds like the parents should have done more homework on this doctor.  This doctor should be jailed.  So sad for the parents and this poor little child who now can barely make it in this world.  :loser:   :loser:

I disagree. That's a heavy burdon for anyone to take on. It's pretty complicated to try and track down a doctor's history, much less determine his qualifications from a laymen's position. That is why we have the AMA and other safeguards. It is also why we have a tort system in place in the courts. I think it's unfair to lay any blame at the parent's feet from the little that I understand about this case just frome reading the OP.

I wasn't kidding about getting the LDS church involved in the matter. I don't know if you can do this as a legal consultant/representative, but I think you should suggest the idea to the couple, especially if they're LDS as well. I'm sure his religious punishment wouldn't be anywhere near as drastic as I'd like it to be--I'm really not even sure the church would take disciplinary action, unfortunately. I do know that all the folks I know and grew up with would be appalled by this, and I can only hope the leadership of the LDS church would feel the same.

I would think attorneys would be climbing over each others backs to take on this doc. It sounds like a slam dunk and a huge tort payoff for the one who gets rep privileges. It has everything a jury needs to raise the stakes to vaulted levels; innocent baby, obvious malpractice, it blames a minority religion (unless they are in Salt Lake, the jury is likely to be mostly biased against the church), and probable heavy press coverage.

Heh, as another footnote I found out today that the doc has changed his story (on his 5th deposition, no less) and now claims that he offered the woman a C-section, and she turned it down for spiritual reasons.

Smeghead.  :Wendywhatever:

They'll nail him with a hefty settlement then. I just hope his insurer subsequently drops him and the hospital boots him to the street.

Gotta love religious convictions.  :vent:

Hey, what do you expect? Doc Frankenst True-Believer did his jebus-cultist duty of getting that child around any eeeebil abortion or satanic science so that it can now die like a good christian. And considering the IQ of the average jebus-arse-kisser who comes here (ignoring for a moment the few notable exceptions ;) ), this kid can still function wonderfully in any church... especially as preacher. :Hmm::lmao:

link????

A problem with this case (is in USA?), is that I think there is some restrictions to how much you can sue a doctor. There's a cap, and you can only sue for punitive damages if there's been extreme negligence (which it actually sounds like). But even punitive is limited nowdays. (since 2-3 years back?)

link????

Dang. If I had one I'd post it. :Doh:

This is all based on what I'm learning about the case at work. Best I can offer is a "personal experience/info" source for now (which is totally OK with me if you need more, or need to take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, since I'm not in a position to back it up with written stuff at this point).

Sorry 'bout that.