Goodbye Jesus

Rant: Stereotypes

JadedAtheist

Man, today I am close to murdering someone. I had several customers today that just riled me up. You know, before I worked in customer service whenever someone told me a horror story about a particular race of people and how they always manage to waste time and never spend money I thought to myself "How racist. You cannot over generalize these issues and paint a whole race in bad light due to a few off hand bad experiences". I suffered from an overt case of political correctness, not anymore.

Today, one after another I got these customers come in and just ask me incessantly stupid questions and wasting my time. One of them demanded me to open up stock so they can take a better look at it and when I told them I can't unless they buy it they said they'll buy it if they like it. I said what if you don't buy it? She stormed off all pissy, leaving my store demolished from her picking shit up and just dumping it wherever. Another customer asked me if certain stock came in and I told him we didn't receive it but I'll give him a call when it comes in. I told him it might be a day or two. He called me every hour asking if it came in yet. I am not joking. I had a similar customer yesterday (every 90 minutes) and his part came in today. He then starting throwing accusations that didn't even make sense. He was like "where is my old parts?!" I then pointed that he was holding onto them. I was on a phone call and had a guy click his fingers directly in front of my face and then starting tapping on the desk. As I was serving another customer a guy walked up and proceeded to interrupt the conversation between me and the other customer. All of these customers as well beat the dead horse by continually nagging for discounts.

Honestly, I've met like 3 or 4 of these people (not mentioning the race just in case someone might get offended) who didn't fit the stereotype. This is out of countless thousands. It really pisses me off as though I am a patient man these people test my patience. Mostly because I am use to working in the CBD where people only walk into a shop to spend money. Here people walk in to waste time. Honestly, when I see one of these people walk in my shop I just sigh in defeat and a small part of me dies inside because of the frustration I know that lies ahead.

Anyways, now that is off my chest another thing: This guy was outside my workplace today who was obviously not all there. Anyways, a couple minutes later this amazingly hot lady comes by hugs him and full on starts pashing him. They walk off and that's it. Besides being flabbergasted I was somewhat depressed at the thought that here is this guy here who isn't all there (amongst other things I perceived) and he was able to get himself a girlfriend and I'm still single (yes, I'm throwing a pity party, you're all welcome to join :P ).

Anyways, I think I've release some of the misanthropy running through my veins..

Man, today I am close to murdering someone. I had several customers today that just riled me up. You know, before I worked in customer service whenever someone told me a horror story about a particular race of people and how they always manage to waste time and never spend money I thought to myself "How racist. You cannot over generalize these issues and paint a whole race in bad light due to a few off hand bad experiences". I suffered from an overt case of political correctness, not anymore.

I've worked in customer service (in computers...having to do with any number of things over the years) and it's turned me against people in general. I used to be sarcastic. Now I'm SARCASTIC! :)

If you can bail out and save yourself...

mwc

(not mentioning the race just in case someone might get offended)

Aborigines?

POMs? :shrug:

(not mentioning the race just in case someone might get offended)

Aborigines?

POMs? :shrug:

Inuits no doubt, wish they'd go back home!

Honestly, I've met like 3 or 4 of these people (not mentioning the race just in case someone might get offended) who didn't fit the stereotype.

Sure, sometimes stereotypes ring true. I worked security at a theme park and definitely noticed some patterns in the way people acted, in spite of my distaste for the idea of being put into a category. That said, those 3 or 4 still deserve to be treated on the basis of their own actions.

I feel your pain. I've worked in some aspect of retail for over 22 years. Ten of those years were in a grocery store,and I can understand how these people can drive you crazy. Even those it may seem like the particular racial or ethnic group you're referring to may all seem like assholes, it's best to try to not let yourself feel prejudice towards that group as a whole. Reason being, you can meet some awesome people that belong to said group and don't fit the stereotype.

You must be very young. Well before you get as old as me (52), you'll probably learn that jerks come in all shapes, sizes, colors and races. :shrug:

So do good people.

Ah yes, the joys of working with the public. Some--if not most--never get past the infantile stage of the world revolves around them.

I agree assholes come in all races, sexes and ages. I'm just playing the odds based on experience. In the end, my experience in customer service has taught me that people overall people act very similar to each other outside of the annoying aspects as well.

I'm off to work soon. Time to psych myself up! :)

Guest ephymeris

You want to feel fatigue after working with ungrateful dregs of society? Try your local hospital. No matter race, it seems that those who you go out of your way for but ride the system for free, often seem appreciate it the least. Not always, mind you, but often enough it makes me facepalm sometimes. :vent:

Yeah? I use to be a computer technician and back then I got treated alright. I was treated like some sort of god. People just respected me which is a complete contrast where people here treat here like their personal slave/servant. I agree with your misanthropy, I hate everybody. I use to have a saying back in high school "I'm not racist, I hate everybody the same".