Goodbye Jesus

Send Me Money-- You Know, If God Leads You

XcaliburGirl

I have a Xtian friend who calls such types "Christian vampires". she has no dough but is constantly getting the "God has told me that you are to help me move my furniture" or "the scriptures are leading me to believe that you will help me with my kitchen remodel".

Her answer is always "HE hasn't given me that Word Of Knowledge yet"

them: "But perhaps you have closed your heart and are not listening closely enough?"

Her: "I'll be sure to listen very closely in my prayers tonight and will call you and let you know if I hear anything from HIM"

mind you, this friend is a jeeeezzzus believer and she won't fall for these tactics.

You can't blame the brainwashed,she is just fleecing the sheeple like all churches do.The sheeple line up for it of their own accord and give. :shrug: Sad really.

While doing my DTS, this was daily routine. There were always people needing money, and always people giving it, regardless of them getting anything in return. I think the key here, is that they feel like they're pitching in for the rapid advancement of God's Kingdom. By giving money, they feel like they're doing stuff for the Lord, that they're too lazy, or unable to do themselves. Putting it on edge here, I feel it's like they're paying her for their own salvation like "I can't go and fulfill the great commission, so I'll give her money, and thereby I'm participating in advancing God's kingdom."

I had a mass-email today from the church I've just left saying that they have bought a new church building costing £220,000 which they they have got a big loan for and asking the church members who have over £5000 savings to lend it to them to help them pay off the loan quicker!

They say they will pay the money back, but when....

Of course, as well they are asking all church members to ask God how much more they can give blah blah blah.

They sent out their accounts for last year and the church's turnover was three quarters of a million pounds so why have they got this loan and trying to sponge more off the members?

Here's some of the email:

As I shared with many of you at the vision night recently, this building will be a great resource, but also a great challenge financially.

As well as the upfront costs of buying the building and then refurbishing it, our ongoing costs will also be significantly greater. That’s why we are asking you to consider a number of options.

Increasing your regular giving. It may be that you have yet to really buy in to the ongoing costs of the church through regular, generous giving. If this is you, can I urge you to consider setting up a standing order and giving a sacrificial amount each month to God’s purposes here in Jubilee. If you are already giving regularly, can I ask that you prayerfully consider if you can raise this amount for a period of two years.

We will soon have to meet a rise of £3,000 per month in costs, which means we have to raise our giving by 20% on its current level.

A day of giving. We have set aside 20th March as a special gift day towards the costs we will incur in buying and refurbishing the building.

Interest free loans. As a church, we have recently taken out a loan of £220,000 in order to meet the immediate costs of buying a share in the building. Obviously, this loan is costing us over £700 per month, and so if you have some savings (of £5,000 or more) that you would consider loaning, interest free, to the church so that we can pay off this short term loan, it would be very helpful. We will, of course, repay the loans in a set time, and the money would be fully guaranteed against the churches assets, so it would be risk free.

Please ask God how he wants you to respond to this challenge. I’m aware that we are in difficult economic times, but I’m sure that as each of us are obedient to God, we will find that he meets and exceeds all our needs.

Can I thank you once again for your commitment to being a church together that is wholeheartedly following the purposes of God and believing him for a great future together. As John Francis recently reminded me, ‘Faith is spelt R-I-S-K’, and it’s great to be on the journey together with you all.

Manipulative business pitch.

... I think I'll just send a letter out saying how my dream is to visit Antarctica, so send me money so I don't have to wait until I earn it myself. ...

:lmao: Hahahaha. Yeah, in your letter, you can point out that there are hardly any christians at all in Antarctica, and the continent is currently completely ignored by christian missionary programs.

• Like 1

"Interest free loans. As a church, we have recently taken out a loan of £220,000 in order to meet the immediate costs of buying a share in the building. Obviously, this loan is costing us over £700 per month, and so if you have some savings (of £5,000 or more) that you would consider loaning, interest free, to the church so that we can pay off this short term loan, it would be very helpful. We will, of course, repay the loans in a set time, and the money would be fully guaranteed against the churches assets, so it would be risk free."

What about standard inflation? £5000 is not worth £5000 by the time it takes for the church to (somehow?) get the funds together to repay all the generous givers later on:P

I had a mass-email today from the church I've just left saying that they have bought a new church building costing £220,000 which they they have got a big loan for and asking the church members who have over £5000 savings to lend it to them to help them pay off the loan quicker!

They (all churches) do love building their kingdoms on earth, don't they?

... I think I'll just send a letter out saying how my dream is to visit Antarctica, so send me money so I don't have to wait until I earn it myself. ...
:lmao: Hahahaha. Yeah, in your letter, you can point out that there are hardly any christians at all in Antarctica, and the continent is currently completely ignored by christian missionary programs.

Hehe... completely agree.

I was guilted for many years by the church to give and give and give. Then i started opening my eyes. Especially when the pastor "gave" his plane to HIS church for their use... and then the church so kindly gave him his plane back because that's what God wanted them to do. And a good part of the church fell for it. So stupid...

Hehe... completely agree.

I was guilted for many years by the church to give and give and give. Then i started opening my eyes. Especially when the pastor "gave" his plane to HIS church for their use... and then the church so kindly gave him his plane back because that's what God wanted them to do. And a good part of the church fell for it. So stupid...

That pastor was an idiot. Shit, I would have left it in the churches name and just used it as if it were mine (assuming I was an evil bastard pastor).

Reminds me of a church my wife used to go to. The Minister sent his daughter on a mission to Kenya. During one service he showed a power point of her financial needs. On the list was 25k for a vehicle. Now, I'd been to Kenya a couple times and cried foul. My wife quit attending that church soon after.

My old church from a number of years ago just let their music pastor go, without notice after ten years being there. They cited financial hardship and basically threw the guy under the bus along with his wife and three kids. All while finalizing plans for a new building. Oh and the head pastor drove around a brand new Dodge Ram Big Horn edition, the better to tow his camping trailer and boat...

Luckily, the giving guilt trip never really worked on me so my money was almost never seen in the offering plate!

I would respond to your friend that God has also spoken to you!!

Tell them that he has commanded you (in faith) to conduct an 8-week Prayer Vigil on the various beaches of Hawaii during the months of January and February. Since this will cost around $30,000 that you don't have, you hope and expect her to make a love offering to advance God's Great Work. Tell her that you have her down for a $600 love offering.

Does that shit really work? I'm feeling the call of the Alrighty to minister t o the sinners on Nassau. Especially the young female sinners in the bar. And always some sinners at the seafood buffet. Bless 'em.

Of course, as well they are asking all church members to ask God how much more they can give blah blah blah.

They sent out their accounts for last year and the church's turnover was three quarters of a million pounds so why have they got this loan and trying to sponge more off the members?

Hey, is that the same church Adrian Warnock goes to, the internet blogger? I think the one he goes to is called Jubilee as well (Since he's from the UK and your talking in £s I assume it's probably the same one).

His PLANE???? Are you kidding me?? What is a preacher or a church doing with a plane? Holy crap!

P

His PLANE???? Are you kidding me?? What is a preacher or a church doing with a plane? Holy crap!

P

Hopefully crashing. ;) Just kidding.

Someone who is very dear to me wrote letters to all her friends and family asking for money for some sort of hyped-up intensive discipleship training camp for several months...

...How do I handle this? I've been avoiding the subject so far, but now everyone expects me to congratulate her. It's probably too late to bring up my opinion now. I feel like I should support my loved ones, even if I don't agree with them, but this is a bit much.

On the one hand, I'd have to say that just as she is parasitizing friends and family, in fairness, the whole reason she's doing it is that she fell for the same kind of parasitic, guilt-tripping mind-fuck that she's running on the people she knows. Like God's Amway, or something.

On the other hand, even when I was a Christian, I saw that sort of thing as a sign of lack of faith. As you said, she was blowing off commitments (Read that, financial investments.) in her education which was already partially completed. As you said, why does this have to happen right now? Right now! NOW! HURRY! NOW! Granted, she's clearly doing the normal Christian compartmentalization that allows her to say, "Oh, but that's different! This is a God thing." Never the less, what the hell does it say about how she'll handle the responsibility, the moral obligation of people investing further in her? Does she really think God is going to be pleased with what kind of message her behavior sends about what effect God has had on what kind of person she is? As a Christian, I saw this sort of thing as being the opposite of what those folks thought it was. They saw it as (Rather self-serving) "obedience," I saw it as an obvious slander against God.

And then there's the whole issue of why God can't make something happen without a bunch of human beings coughing up a large chunk of mammon. Again, they see it as an expression of faith, I've always seen it as the opposite: A show of lack of faith.

And, "Intensive Discipleship Training?!" Clearly, the parasitic jackass who got hold of her with the sales pitch does not believe that what was recorded by God's grace and infinite wisdom in the Holy Bible of how Jesus trained his own disciples was adequate. Obviously, he thinks he is able to and needs to improve on it. And just as clearly, she's in enthusiastic agreement with him on that.

And this is an expression of faithfulness?

This is a particular pet peeve of mine. Where I live there are many, many churches. There are also a great many displaced, homeless families living out of their cars and such. How much good could these damned churches do if each church got a second-hand camping trailer to stick out in the back corner of their parking lot, ran an electrical cord and garden hose to it and allowed a struggling family to stay there until they got on their feet again?

Do I see any effort to do this? No. Do I see new building additions to these churches? Oh, yes.

Fucking compassionless, self-satisfied, asshole bastards. I'd say they can suck my cock, thank me for the privilege and pay me for the honor, but they're not even remotely worthy enough to get their damned dirty mouths anywhere near my nice, pretty genitalia.

Guest ephymeris

This crap does not surprise me. My asshole church refused to help an impoverished mother asking for diapers but they had plenty of money to completely remodel the foyer. Our youth department went out and bought supplies for the mother. :vent: