Goodbye Jesus

Is this it?

All Gods Fail

Hey all -

I've been too lazy to go through some of the older threads, but the recent xtian posters (like daniel_1012, D. Paul and pug) make me wonder - is there ever any real debate on this board? Or do the apologists just quote scripture and behave like trolls? They get boring really quick, and I've already put them on the ignore list.

I do find spirit1st pretty interesting (though totally unconvincing) - he's at least trying to live the life and be true to his convictions. And Amanda is such a sweetie you can't get mad at her - plus she actually had the gumption to participate in a full-fledged arena debate with Poonis!

Has there ever been any really good arguments for xtianity posted? Or is daniel_1012 typical? :shrug:

AGF: I'm afraid from my one year here at ex-C, this is about as good as it gets.

There was a recent 'debate' about evolution with a couple of guys, but Neil, Crazy Tiger, Han, and some others destroyed them. All the other apologists seem pretty much cut from the same cloth as Daniel, etc. Several months ago, some presuppositionalists came here, and my head still hurts trying to decipher their nonsense. Anyway, it's all fruitless since their faith is based not on logic or evidence, but on ... well, faith.

If you want really good debate, you have to go elsewhere. ChristianForums.com is a step up from the debate here. But all the really serious debaters go to TheologyWeb.com. It's where the real heavyweights of internet apologetics are.

But is serious debate really why you're on this forum? It's not why I'm here, at any rate.

If you want really good debate, you have to go elsewhere. ChristianForums.com is a step up from the debate here. But all the really serious debaters go to TheologyWeb.com. It's where the real heavyweights of internet apologetics are.

But is serious debate really why you're on this forum? It's not why I'm here, at any rate.

The Wisdom of Man is the Blind leading the Blind guys.

For irrefuteable proof of God, you only need to see the Bible Phropesy of the rebirth of Israel into our World.

Foretold by God, written into Scripture long ago, reality into todays World.

As little as 60 years ago, non christians could have argued successfully that Israel would not be reformed as a Nation as fore told by God in the Bible, because there is no God.

Not anymore, those with eyes to see, have been left in no further doubt.

Peace

Well, no, not really. But just in the last couple of weeks I've been disappointed in the xtian presence on these boards. I mean, I don't expect C.S. Lewis arguing apologetics here, but is pug and Danny boy the best they can come up with? :rolleyes: Oy vey...

There was a recent 'debate' about evolution with a couple of guys, but Neil, Crazy Tiger, Han, and some others destroyed them.
What's sad is that I'm not even a scholar or anything. I'm just a stupid fucking cartoonist who happens to love science. I've been studying this stuff for years. I watch Science Channel every day. I used to watch Nova when I was a kid. I love dinosaurs. I hardcore idolize guys like Mark Norell and John Horner.

I know this stuff, not because it's my job or because I took classes. I just love this stuff, and I'm puzzled by some of the things that creationists say. They are so astonishingly wrong in practically everything they say, that you really have to wonder how they could have acheived such stupidity.

I mean, it's not even so much that they just don't understand. Sometimes they say stuff that could only have been completely made up. I'm still trying to figure out why so many of them keep dragging the big bang into topics about biology. How can anyone be so far off track as to mix two things that are so obviously not even in the same realm of science?

For irrefuteable proof of God, you only need to see the Bible Phropesy of the rebirth of Israel into our World.
Yes, we need to see the revelation of vague prophecies that can only be applied to modern times via extremely strenuous interpretations.

In fact, I made fun of that about a month ago...

http://www.infidelguy.com/members/Neil/comics/2.html

Hi All God's Fail...

I think there was a fellow rather recently called Guacamole who was debating Mythra pretty intensely! It was a wonderful display of intellectual knowledge! Something about mythology and Biblical beliefs. You might be interested in checking it out (me too actually). I'm not saying who or what I agreed with in these exchanges.... but I learned a whole lot!

As far as some of the other Christian sites... many of them tell you how you have to basically believe to participate. They don't want you teaching 'false doctorine'. :twitch: And then some let you say pretty much what you want, yet in my experience... it lacks the passion, humor, and playfulness this site has.

Gosh All Gods Fail, don't you like us any more? :huh:

I'm also not a Bible scholar, but I was brainwashed in Christian school til 6th grade and pretty much every Sunday til my mom died when I was in HS. (She was the fundy in the house.) I am extremely good at looking things up on the Internet, though. If you know how to use 'em, you can find almost anything in search engines.

But yeah...the arguments here aren't anything new. My fundy cube mate repeats them, even though he hasn't been on this site, AFAIK.

TheologyWeb is a great place to see Christians get thier asshats handed to them, on thier home turf, in a formal debate. Hell, I'm still laughing that the TAG debate resulted in the apologist having a nervous-breakdown.

As little as 60 years ago, non christians could have argued successfully that Israel would not be reformed as a Nation as fore told by God in the Bible, because there is no God.

Peace

Your aware the muslims say the bible gives prophecy about Muhammhed? Islam must therefore be true.

Peace

Are you unaware that this particular prophecy was only mentioned AFTER Israel was reformed? You know... just after a couple of million Israelies slaughtered everyone in the area so they could steal their land and call it Israel? You know... the prophecy that this fulfilled that isn't mentioned ANYWHERE in the bible until AFTER the fact?

Hey... here's one. I prophecise that I will take the piss out of your last reply to the "Hi, I'm back" thread... (This post)

Guess what... The prophecy came true.

Sure I prophecised it AFTER I'd fulfilled it, but that's okay, isn't it Razor?

It must be, since that's what they did in the Bible.

I prophcise that a christian will make another post somewhere on these forums.

I prophcise that a christian will make another post somewhere on these forums.

Shit... that'll never come true.

Well, sometimes I wish it won't... :ugh:

Yeah, because there's NO WAY humans could have made that prediction on their own.

Yeah, because men have NEVER created a country before on their own.

Again, for the blind led by the blind: Correlation != Causation

And you think we're missing something?

If you want really good debate, you have to go elsewhere. ChristianForums.com is a step up from the debate here.

Hahahahaha!!! One day, as I was typing the URL to the apologetics forum, "http://www.christianforums.com/f13" (well, "chr", mozilla fills in the rest), I noticed that I had fallen into a pattern. The pattern was this: as I typed the URL, I was always thinking to myself: "Let's see what the morons are up to now... "

So I laughed about that, and I made a link on my browser's home page (just a local file on my hard disk) like this:

What the morons are up to now

Though you might be right about it being a "step up from the debate here," it can be that while still remaining well within moron territory, since the typical drive-by that comes around here is pretty lame. Though, I don't know if any of them can touch the likes of the CF user called UMP for sheer thickheadedness. Sometimes I think UMP is not really human, but maybe he's really a graduate computer science student's thesis project in artificial "intelligence" which has been let loose on the forums, and UMP means "Unthinking Machine Proselytizer." (A huge percentage of UMPs posts consist of nothing but quotations of Spurgeon or A. W. Pink.)

You can't read that apologetics forum and not come away both laughing at and crying for the ignorance and stupidity that is on display there. Sorry, Christianity is stupid stupid stupid, no two ways about it.

what about this persistant 17 yr old that hijacks all threads with Santa like tales? an answer for everything.

Can you See in Heaven

There's a forum to chat with ChrisBot, an AI program.. I think he makes more sense than some bumper sticker spewers.

It just drives me crazy that the real issues can't be discussed, everything is about walking on egg shells there. (or is that walking on water?)

Guest queen annie

I don't think christians are good debaters because the real purpose of true debate is to expand one's understandings and counteract personal opinion and hope with opposing arguments. It is an excellent way to fine-tune true understanding. And such a thing is potentially fatal to christian ideology. Besides that, one has to actually research in order to debate. The best way to challenge personal ideas is to debate on the side of what you don't think.

I have killed more threads than I can count on christian forums debating with christians--they can't write me off as an atheist (because I am not one) and they can't even get very far trying to assign me as new age or whatever--because they can't disprove the things I say in any way according to the bible. That's the only thing I ever wish to debate about--exegesis and interpretation of scripture. I don't go too much into what I believe, with anyone. Because beyond the surface it gets too complicated and I'm not attached to any certain thing except love, truth, and life beyond the material realm. Christians say they believe in God and know the bible, but they ignore those three things and go for ideas such as hell and 'I'm saved and you're not.' What they believe is what their preacher says and what they know is how to recite and conform.

I don't do it much anymore--it's not fun, I've moved on to other learning methods, and sometimes I just can't stand the frustration and disgust I often feel. I don't think it's a good thing to feel like that--I'd rather just love them by keeping my distance.

I wish there was more real debate here. I did enjoy the bout with Guacamole, and I learned a lot from that experience, even though we got stuck several times and had to rely on AUB and Heimdall to come bail us out.

I can banter with the best of em. But a challenge is funner.

Maybe christians don't like to debate 'cause they have so much personal investment in their religion, and they feel too threatened.

TheologyWeb is a great place to see Christians get thier asshats handed to them, on thier home turf, in a formal debate.  Hell, I'm still laughing that the TAG debate resulted in the apologist having a nervous-breakdown.

Thanks for the tip.

Seriously? :HaHa:

You can't read that apologetics forum and not come away both laughing at and crying for the ignorance and stupidity that is on display there.  Sorry, Christianity is stupid stupid stupid, no two ways about it.

I tried reading that forum before finding this one. I even tried debating a bit there. The level of thought was so utterly ludicris there that I literally couldn't take it. It made my head hurt.

Don't worry Amanda - I still love everyone here. I am all about love! :wub:

I have been disappointed in the last few days. They have nothing to say! Scripture, scripture, scripture. :jerkit:

They might as well be quoting from 'What Color Is Your Parachute?'. I would like them to tell me why they're so certain of Jebus and biblegod, and why they do stupid, contradictory shit all the time. It's like they don't even believe what they preach - if this truly was a xtian nation, creeps like Pat Robertson would have been run out of town decades ago.

That's what kills me about them - the hypocrisy. At least spirit1st is actually sort of crazy, and actually tries to do all that impossible xtian jive. I admire that - I have a soft spot for weirdos. :fun:

The others just seem like toady little trolls with no opinions, nor do they display any kind of xtian behavior.

I don't think christians are good debaters because the real purpose of true debate is to expand one's understandings and counteract personal opinion and hope with opposing arguments.  It is an excellent way to fine-tune true understanding.  And such a thing is potentially fatal to christian ideology.  Besides that, one has to actually research in order to debate.  The best way to challenge personal ideas is to debate on the side of what you don't think.

Oh, good point! Yeah, you got it right. So what's it called when you have a one track agenda and don't care about any other pov?

I have killed more threads than I can count on christian forums debating with christians--they can't write me off as an atheist (because I am not one) and they can't even get very far trying to assign me as new age or whatever--because they can't disprove the things I say in any way according to the bible.  That's the only thing I ever wish to debate about--exegesis and interpretation of scripture.  I don't go too much into what I believe, with anyone.  Because beyond the surface it gets too complicated and I'm not attached to any certain thing except love, truth, and life beyond the material realm.

I try to keep it general also. However, most people respond to people's posts, quoted, with links, or clearly stating 'someone else said this', as if the poster said it personally. Happens all the time. Can even quote a chapter and verse and they'll reply as if you said it.

Christians say they believe in God and know the bible, but they ignore those three things and go for ideas such as hell and 'I'm saved and you're not.'  What they believe is what their preacher says and what they know is how to recite and conform.

and they don't, or maybe can't, see that this is the typical view.

I don't do it much anymore--it's not fun, I've moved on to other learning methods, and sometimes I just can't stand the frustration and disgust I often feel.  I don't think it's a good thing to feel like that--I'd rather just love them by keeping my distance.

After a while it just gets old. It's like watching Brady Bunch reruns, the first few times are ok, but then ENOUGH is enough!

I tried reading that forum before finding this one.  I even tried debating a bit there.  The level of thought was so utterly ludicris there that I literally couldn't take it.  It made my head hurt.

Some Polls' answers make me want to puke. Like the Is Speeding a Sin, or Is it OK for a Non-C to date a C, well, actually, most of them.

Some people actually give a reason for their vote, others just post a bumper sticker as if that's the end all be all, case closed, this is THE way, the only way, and that's that.

Some don't realize they offend half the world, and some keep replying to defend THEIR particular thing. Like in the Is Birth Control OK one.

After a week on HERE I had to stop reading CF every day. I couldn't take it anymore.

I like that they have age tags, and I can't believe some young ones display their age. But when I see a typical bumper sticker and they're under 16, I know we're hearing nothing more than what their parents and Church tell them.

I wonder sometimes if people only answer what 'the right answer should be', as if they're Tests in school. Doesn't matter what you think, only what you beLIEve the answer is supposed to be.

The comments some people make don't seem to match the REST of the world I see. Where are all these wonderful people when I'm out in the shopping centers, schools and driving on the highways? I guess they're all HOME on their computers, because the people I see with religious jewelry around their necks, and all over their body, don't seem to act anything like these online people say they do/would.

Wow. That felt good to type. LOL

:woohoo:

if this truly was a xtian nation, creeps like Pat Robertson would have been run out of town decades ago.

Hi All Gods Fail...

*sigh* I must agree, yet I'm glad we don't judge them 'like' they judge us... or we'd be no better than they are. Perhaps the 'religous right' mentality has never changed from NT times?

If we know them by their fruits.... :scratch: