Goodbye Jesus

Filled With The Spirit?

Randi

For years I thought it was god, now I just think it was me, I may be wrong and one day I might find out. I always seemed to want to be more honest. more kind, more loving than most of the christians I ever met, and all I ever seemed to do was fight with them because they didn't practice what they preached.

I had lots of intense 'spiritual' experiences and now I realize it was my brain making it happen for me because I wanted it. The truth is people have those experiences in religions all over the world, it's just a matter of believing it's possible. It has nothing to do with any gods, just humans.

Experiences do happen because someone believes. For example, if someone came up to me and said something and I didn't believe that it was from "God", I would think that I was talking to a person. But if I believed it was a message from God, my reality would have been different and I would think that I was talking to "God". So my believing it or not believing it would have made my reality to be different.

The brain is used to make such experiences possible.

This however doesn't preclude that there is no one out there who is reaching out to us through these mediums: the brain and the belief, and the desires.... Some people believe that there is Someone and others don't. And who can say which one is right? They are both - simply opinions and beliefs. Without proof, one way or the other, they are just beliefs. They could be wrong or could be right.

For some reason, non-believers are convinced that they are right in their unbelief, just as believers are convinced that they are right in their belief. That makes them even, just in two different boats...