Goodbye Jesus

Xtians: The Most Dishonest People I've Ever Met!

ExChristianAuthor

I should really know better than to do business with the lot of them. I just need a place to vent and know you all will understand when I say that christians are the most dishonest business people. I learned my lesson earlier this year when I was ripped off to the tune of close to $250K - I SWORE I wouldn't do bsuiness with them ever again...

I got this new client about 2 months ago, I didn't realize they were christian until about 2/3 of the way into the job, but all went well so I just did what I had to do. About 2 weeks ago the client was supposed to pay the balance on one portion of the job and pay for additional work ordered. She promised to do it as soon as she got back from school in Barbados. She even emailed me to let me know she tried to wire the funds but her bank didn't have a branch in Barbados so she had to wait until she got back. OK, I can deal with that, she had paid reliably for the first leg of the journey.

I went ahead and paid for the additional work out of my pocket- BIG MISTAKE!! Even though I have emails where she said she wanted the additional work, etc.

So yesterday she emails me and tells me she is back and she is headed to the bank to pay today. Good deal... I can't afford to be out $1125 right now.

I get an email from her this AM telling me she changed her mind and doesn't want to spend the extra money because she overspent in Barbados... WTF! She KNEW I had already paid for the materials. I wrote her back and reminded her that she gave me the go ahead to proceed, I sent her copies of the emails and told her I had already taken the money out of my pocket per her promises to pay.

Her response... "well I will have to pay later on". Int he next breath she is praising jeesus on her Facebook page!!! I am SO tired of these people. It appears that I am going to have to screen every new client as they contact me to find out if they are even ONE IOTA fucking xtian. It seems it's the only way I can protect myself from this group of dirt bag thiefs!!

Thanks for letting me vent....Can I tell you how bad I despise these people??

I had a similar experience with an orthodontist. Because of my occupation my X got custody of our children and she eventually remarried. Her husband is a fundy so she became a fundy too. My eldest needed braces so they took her to a fundy orthodontist, he even had a cross and some other xtian garbage embossed on his estimate. I got two other opinions and cut the cost in half.

I think this is more of a testament that some people are not to be trusted. Con-artists are by no means limited to being Christian. But hey, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Over 36 years as a christian, I watched them very closely. I always thought, like the dick I am, that christians were meant to be TOTALLY honest at all times, which meant no bending, stretching or twisting of the truth whatsoever. Needless to say, I found myself arguing the point with them way too often.

What I discovered were probably the most dishonest people on the planet. This lot can't even tell themselves the truth, much less anyone else. They seem to live in a bizarre fantasy world where their salvation makes them some kind of protected species.

After so many years I gave up trying to understand their convoluted reasoning which excuses their own behaviour but condemns everyone elses. Where I grew up, that was called lying.

I always say never do business with someone who has one of those fish stickers on the door.

In my experience Christians are the worst people to work for or have work done for you. The half-assed put together church I use to attend is a living testament for this. I swear that I was afraid to use the stairs because they were so badly built that they were in weird angles and different size pieces of wood were used and the fact that it creaked when you stepped on em freaked me out. Christians have to much of a "that'll do" mentality rather than a "measure twice, cut once" mentality. Also I've had friends get their cars repaired by other Christians and they did the worst job ever, besides over charging them.

In person they seem to be honest overall but in business they are not to be trusted (just like everyone else).

Her response... "well I will have to pay later on". Int he next breath she is praising jeesus on her Facebook page!!!

I think that summarizes it best right there. It's the outright hypocrasy.

Some of the stingiest people I've ever met are Christians. They think it's bad stewardship to tip generously (or even reasonably) and to pay their employees a decent wage. I hate that.

You know the good Christian thing for you to do, would be to forgive her her debt, just like Jeezis! Praise Him!

Seriously though, I totally relate with people doing that. Anyone who can delude themselves that much is able to twist morals and reason around to any purpose they require. Just look at any apologists' explanations of slavery, genocide or infanticide! I've had to chase money down from quite a few clients, and then I'll see their Facebook page (dumb-asses don't understand privacy settings...) and I'll notice them having bible verses plastered all over their page, usually accompanied by their favorite Sarah Palin quote as well. Often too with their favorite book as "The Bible..."

A rule of thumb is that if a business advertises as being Christian, they are basically admitting to being con-artists.

@ ExChristianAuthor, you can report that person for fraud if they don't pay up after you already covered a portion of the charges.

My uncle is an honest man, as far as I know. He sold cars at the Chevy dealership in my mom's home town.

He said it was a real crisis of faith for him because "good christian people" he knew would come to the dealership and lie their asses off about what other dealerships had offered them for a vehicle just to pressure him to give them a better deal.

You see, many, many, many, many (not all, but many many many) believers have a double standard about ethics. There's the kind of ethics and morality that is talked about in church, in the lady's and men's groups and on facebook. Then there's "just bidness." There's "Good old Christian morals." Then there's business. When they lie, weasel, obfuscate , imply and misdirect, that's "just business." It's what you've got to do to make a living in this world.

I was content with the explanation that not everybody matures as a Christian and that we are all at different places. Maybe such people just haven't grown into a biblical ethic quite yet.

But one day I awoke to the realization. It's not that they hadn't grown into anything. Many non-believers would die a torturous death before ever defaulting on their obligations or lying about a price offered to them just to get a better deal.

The fact is that Christianity doesn't change hearts, minds or ethics in any appreciable way. No more than any other religion or group that emphasizes a thoughtful, dialogical approach to morality and ethical issues.

I think there are a lot of liars out there. A lot of those liars are Christians as well. It is just disappointing when people who claim to endorse a host of virtues, honesty and integrity among them, show that they are not "special" in any way , shape or form.

You all hit the nail right on the head...

I just expect if your going to walk around being all holier than though... ACT it! YA KNOW!!

Ophelia, I'd report her in a heartbeat but she is in Grenada. To try and recover the $1125 if she doesn't pay it now when she says she is going to would cost me triple that. I guess I should just be happy that I got most of my money up front on this job... she was a referral from a non-xtian friend too.

Ophelia, I'd report her in a heartbeat but she is in Grenada. To try and recover the $1125 if she doesn't pay it now when she says she is going to would cost me triple that. I guess I should just be happy that I got most of my money up front on this job... she was a referral from a non-xtian friend too.

Can you withhold the original work until she makes an effort to continue paying?

And fwiw, you mentioned you had learned this lesson before?

Yes end3 I did learn it before. As I stated, I didn't know she was a "believer" until well into the job. She was put on notice this AM that if she doesn't pay the balance I'm shutting her website down. With a full schedule of web based events coming up for her, I hope this will convince her to do the right thing.

After my bad experiences with xtians in business, I made the decision NOT to work with them. I would do the same with non-xtians too, but I haven't had a problem with them.

I hate to just target the xtains, but unfortunately they are the only ones I've had trouble with. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

I hear you. I've known Christians that wouldn't do business with other Christians because they know how unreliable they are. They'll rip you off and won't think twice about it because 'God's on their side'. Honestly the worst people I've known have always been Christians, and that's not because I don't like them, it's what they did that showed me that. They have no sense of right and wrong, it's completely twisted. I'm thankful that their religion is dying out but I wish it would go faster!

I know how you feel I catered a wedding reception for a AOG pastor's daughter and got cheated out of my fee.Lost over 3k on that job 3 years I've listened to "god will provide" bullshit from him!!

It goes before a judge in a few weeks and that asshole is a ordained church of chrast minister so I'm not going to hold my breath!

:ugh: Did I mention how he sent me an e-mail saying he would pray for me in my lack of faith!!!!

I have come to learn the word of a christian is not worth shit. I stay away from them as much as possible. A good friend of mine has a christian boss. He is the biggest dickweed she has ever worked for. She is kind of trapped there by the economy.

when an atheist con people, we know we are conning people.

when i was a christian, i would consider the sucker was a god-send, and using christian jargon to justify and faith and whatever crap not.

I know how you feel I catered a wedding reception for a AOG pastor's daughter and got cheated out of my fee.Lost over 3k on that job 3 years I've listened to "god will provide" bullshit from him!!

It goes before a judge in a few weeks and that asshole is a ordained church of chrast minister so I'm not going to hold my breath!

:ugh: Did I mention how he sent me an e-mail saying he would pray for me in my lack of faith!!!!

What a piece of shit, how convenient to accuse you of lack of faith. Telling you God will provide when he is the one burning you. I'll bet he makes his car payment and his mortgage every month though. I'll bet he wares nice suits.

I witnessed fundies first hand for thirteen years. From that experience I met one family that seemed genuine out of thousands. They lie, steal, cheat, and molest: When you confront them on there b.s. they will just say "Hey, I am not perfect, just forgiven".

• Like 1

They lie, steal, cheat, and molest.

Yep, that's the truth. Now that I'm getting more confident I'm seriously considering going to the police about some of the things I've seen. They shouldn't be getting away with this stuff.

The fact is that Christianity doesn't change hearts, minds or ethics in any appreciable way. No more than any other religion or group that emphasizes a thoughtful, dialogical approach to morality and ethical issues.

I think there are a lot of liars out there. A lot of those liars are Christians as well. It is just disappointing when people who claim to endorse a host of virtues, honesty and integrity among them, show that they are not "special" in any way , shape or form.

This exactly.

And I appreciate how you indicated that it's just that there's an overlap between the liars and christians, implying that they're not one-and-the-same. Not all deceivers are christians and not all christians are deceivers, even though there are many who are both.

I was a christian until my doubts crept in at age 29, and never in my christian life did I EVER condone dishonesty, nor did I ever (nor would I ever) do the sorts of things that have been mentioned in this thread. Nor would many of my close family members, who are still christians. So I know for a fact that not all christians are dishonest, even if in some areas there may be so many who are dishonest that it seems like all are.

I saw a lengthy quote by, I believe, William S. Burroughs. Along the lines of "never go into business with a religious son of a bitch." Ima see if I can track it down.

Edited to add: fuck that was quick! Thanks be to Google.

"Never do business with a religious son-of-a-bitch. His word ain't worth a shit -- not with the Good Lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal."

- William S. Burroughs.