Goodbye Jesus

Top Ten Worst Things I've Seen Christians Do

chosendarkness

1. Youth minister started a relationship with one of his charges, eventually married her and let everyone in my youth group know he felt she was an annoying shrew. He then proceeded to put the moves on several young girls in my youth group.

... ...

10. I attended a church when I was 12 years old and found out one of the girls spread rumors about me saying I did cocaine, had sex on the "in remembrance of me" table, and smoked in the chapel. Knowing how evil other 12 year old girls are, I wasn't too irritated until I found out she had told her mother and the MOTHER spread the rumors to her adult friends. That grownups could say these things about a girl who still played with My Little Pony blew my mind.

Sorry, these were all personal grievences.

Your grievances are so interesting to me, I'll take it as a story clipping.

I have pointed this out to him. I told him this neighborhood is too small for what he is doing. His reply. "It's a public street, and there is nothing you can do about it."

"Oh really?" You can get him on noise violation if you can hear the music from your home.

If only it were that easy. He broadcasts the music over FM, sort of like those ipod adapters for cars. It's really low power, so one doesn't need a radio license. They sell the kits to do this at Home Depot. I like the way you think though. :)

If that were happening to me I would find out how to broadcast on that FM station myself. If your signal is stronger than his the options of what to broadcast are endless and amusing. :scratch:

• Like 1

#3 - Elementary school teacher informs us (at the age of 7) that the Apocalypse is near because it was 2,000 years before Christ, and 2,000 years after Christ means he will return.

Josh, i think you went to my school. we used to have "rapture drills" where one of the kids would play his trumpet over the PA and we'd all run outside and stare up at the sky and wait for jesus.

wheeeee!

:coffee:

dude wut

WHAT THE ****** **** ********** ****ing ****

:fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun: :fun:

Anyways

1. Demonize / berate anyone who didn't believe or even "didn't believe enough". Everyone was your friend until they found out you didn't subscribe to their beliefs. Then you were "evil"

2. Gossip about people who dated non christians. One girl from my parents pentecostal church started dating a Mormon and people were talking about how she was being led astray, going to "the dark" and she couldn't be trusted anymore. What a steaming load.

3. Flip out over insignificant sex issues. I saw one guy I knew from my parents church youth group at a gas station, he recognized me and somehow we ended up chatting. At one point in the conversation I ended up admitting that I had casual sex with girls when I was in college and he started freaking out, saying I was a jerk and was "playing with young girls hearts" and ruined it for "the girl I was to eventually marry". Now the first part would have made sense if I was two timing ( Which I would NEVER do ) but ruin it for some phantom girl I would marry that no one knows? The fuck? We are living in the 1300's now? I can only imagine how bad it would be if a girl from that church admitted to casual sex.

Don't feel like doing a full 10. :shrug:

Some of the pastors and elders tried to "heal" a schizophrenic that occasionally came to our church by calling the demon spirts out of him. They had a big long prayer meeting in the youth pastors office. They were convinced his schizophrenia was caused by demonic possession. Nice right?? Like the guy wasn't screwed up enough as it was. But then again, I remember trying to do the same for a friend at a youth prayer meeting. We were trying to get the demons that were "oppressing" her to leave her alone. We prayed for hours. The girl was more upset when we finished than when we started.

freedom

I think the worst thing was how I came out of christianity after so many years. Basically now I am a total mess with stuff like sexual guilt, my continued problems trying to accept homosexuals, etc...

Worst thing besides that: An Ass. of God church had this teaching that sins run through the father's bloodline. In order to be completely forgiven, you have to ask your father his sins and ask forgiveness for them too. I never new my father. They told me I was going to Hell for that. I cried and I cried and I cried.

• Super Moderator

In order to be completely forgiven, you have to ask your father his sins and ask forgiveness for them too. I never new my father. They told me I was going to Hell for that. I cried and I cried and I cried.

That is so sad, bird. And horrible. With what so many christians say and do to each other, it's a wonder they don't stone or hang us ExC'ers. Given half a chance, they probably would.

Some of the pastors and elders tried to "heal" a schizophrenic that occasionally came to our church by calling the demon spirts out of him. They had a big long prayer meeting in the youth pastors office. They were convinced his schizophrenia was caused by demonic possession. Nice right?? Like the guy wasn't screwed up enough as it was. But then again, I remember trying to do the same for a friend at a youth prayer meeting. We were trying to get the demons that were "oppressing" her to leave her alone. We prayed for hours. The girl was more upset when we finished than when we started.

freedom

That's like a schizophrenic wandering in to a dark alley and being mocked and terrorized by crack-heads. Why isn't there some kind of vigilante group going undercover trying to get these fuckers arrested? They're committing real crimes and not knowing any better isn't an acceptable excuse. They should be learning to know better by detectives showing up at their door.

Just the other day I was at my friend's house and he was rambling on about how he would beat someone up and stamp their face into the ground. Then in the next sentence he proceeds to say "And I thank god for...". :twitch: I just did a facepalm after that one.

Believe that the United States was founded on Christianity......