Goodbye Jesus

Why Do I Threaten You?

Dagan

At this point, one of the women starts digging frantically through her purse repeating over and over to herself "A life in Christ, A life in Christ!" My friend wasn't sure what this women was looking for, but figured that she was about to get holy water thrown at her.

While this is funny, I have been on the receiving end of rock-throwing christians. It's no fun. I try to not be bitter, but I flare when some christian claims "persecution" when someone simply disagrees with them. I always think "Um, ok, have you been kicked out of your home, kicked out of bookstores, and pelted with rocks and garbage? No? STFU!" But that might be for another thread.

I try to feel sorry for their weak faith. To need to deny other people's right to be who they are shows their own insecurity.

At this point, one of the women starts digging frantically through her purse repeating over and over to herself "A life in Christ, A life in Christ!" My friend wasn't sure what this women was looking for, but figured that she was about to get holy water thrown at her.

While this is funny, I have been on the receiving end of rock-throwing christians. It's no fun. I try to not be bitter, but I flare when some christian claims "persecution" when someone simply disagrees with them. I always think "Um, ok, have you been kicked out of your home, kicked out of bookstores, and pelted with rocks and garbage? No? STFU!" But that might be for another thread.

I try to feel sorry for their weak faith. To need to deny other people's right to be who they are shows their own insecurity.

I know what you mean. I found the purse diggers reaction both funny and sad at the the same time. Purse digger was actually frightened. WTF? My friend loves sewing and would gladly have contintued the converstation, but was shunned for her beliefs. It really sucks. Her children would love to wear some of the symbols of their faith to school, and while there are no rules preventing it, they choose not to because we live in north Texas and while not the buckle of the bible belt, it just isn't worth it for the headaches it causes.