Goodbye Jesus

Another shot across the bow

Guest Thegoodbook

I propose we change the topic title to "Another shit across the bow".

Seriously, what the fuck? It's like the Christians visiting lately have been stupider than usual.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• Ouroboros

• Kuroikaze

• sixoverme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who falls for the whole Ron Wyatt garbage has earned my ridicule... Anyone who not only falls for it, but also tries to pass it off as truth has earned my undying lack of respect and a suggestion to be commited into an asylum for however long they live as they are not safe to be let out.

I remember watching programs several years ago on Discovery about the wheels..and about Noah's Ark. I think it was Discovery..might have been History Channel. Anyway, I remember being so excited that at last the "proof" was there.

As time went on, we heard nothing more about it and I began to wonder..if these claims are true, why aren't they on national or international news broadcasts?

"They were covered in coral, which made it difficult to see them clearly, but it appears that the coral was the agent the Lord used to preserve them.

This is just asinine! If there were an all-powerful creator god, why use coral to preserve some obscure wheels?? What purpose would this serve, to find a few wheels in a sea?

If he wanted to "preserve" something for future proof of an event, why not the homes that had blood over the doors? Why not have the Egyptians record these events?

Wheels in a sea? :lmao: Wonder what future generations will think when they find my husbands sunglasses in the deep ocean..lost at sea, most likely carried far away by now. Then again, they could be in New Orleans or Beaumont from the hurricanes..hmm..

I propose we change the topic title to "Another shit across the bow".

Seriously, what the fuck?  It's like the Christians visiting lately have been stupider than usual.

My sentiments exactly! It's making me wonder though: Have we been targeted by a league of stupid people or something? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. If THIS is truly the best the opposition can bring to the table, then why bother?

Why can't they understand that Christian™ so-called evidence is absolutely worthless? Only gullible chimps believe any of this tripe.

Or maybe they're hoping to wear us out by their continuous spamming? Who knows. :shrug:

And you know what else this Ron Wyatt "find" reminds me of? Joseph Smith and his "finding" the "gold plates" in his back yard in New York. These bits of "proof" and "evidence" ALSO mysteriously "disappeared" so that no one could examine them.

Amazing how this "conspiracy" keeps happening to the religious crowd. :lmao::loser:

This is just asinine!  If there were an all-powerful creator god, why use coral to preserve some obscure wheels??  What purpose would this serve, to find a few wheels in a sea?

The same God that planted skeletons that are hundred of thousands of years old, and a universe that seems to be billions years old, just to ridicule and fool the scientists into believing what they see, instead of Holy Santa Clowns.

If he wanted to "preserve" something for future proof of an event, why not the homes that had blood over the doors?  Why not have the Egyptians record these events?

Why not piles of poop and waste from 2-3 million people walking in the desert for 40 years.

I'm still trying to figure out how 2 million people get scared from 1000-2000 soldiers...

"Oooh! Scary soldiers are following us!"

Imagine the Israelites at the Red Sea. They only needed to pick up one stone each, throw it at the soldiers, and won! Actually even better, they only needed to jump synchronized and it would have moved the earth and scared the horses away. No more chariots. It's a stupid story that is proven false by the mere facts recorded in the story!!! Please! Christians! Use your noodles!!!

Let's see, if we have 1 million people (low count), each person takes the space of minimum 4x4 feet. It comes out to: 16 million sqft. Anyone interested in comparing it to the size of LA or NY? Just curious.

Everyone else has posted the solid totalling of this guys argument, so I'd just like to share another image macro:

(WUB HIM SO MUCH)

post-211-1129407379.jpg

awww....I think we scared poor little goodbook away.

Note to goodbook, this is called the "debating with christians forum", not the "post easily refutable junk and then run away without responding to rebuttals forum" :nono:

When you posted that did you really think we would all lay down and say "U r teh manz good book, we all give up and become christians again?"

This is a debating forum, when you offer an argument then don't be supprised when we offer a rebuttal or counter argument. If you are unable to offer a well thought out response to our rebuttal then you are probably in the wrong place. :shrug:

I thought that the Hebrews didn't cross the Red Sea, but some sea of reeds (which may or may not have existed). So even if it is a wheel in the Red Sea, it doesn't mean shit.

I say this realizing this is will probably not even be read by TGB. Meh.

I thought that the Hebrews didn't cross the Red Sea, but some sea of reeds (which may or may not have existed).  So even if it is a wheel in the Red Sea, it doesn't mean shit.

I say this realizing this is will probably not even be read by TGB.  Meh.

Like i said in my earlier post. Modern archeology has show that the exodus never even happened. From remains found in palistine its been shown that Judaism arrose from a native group already living in the area. It was somtime between then and when the first 5 books of the bible were written, that people developed the story of the exodus. Given enough time its not hard for a folk story to move into being believed by a group of people to be what really happened.

Btw, the first 5 book were probably written somtime just before the split between the northern and southern kingdoms in about 700 or 800 B.C.E. Later books like Kings and Chronicles were written after the northern kindom was destoryed by Assyria.

Like i said in my earlier post. Modern archeology has show that the exodus never even happened.
True, but they don't seem to let truth get in their way. I'm just trying to show that they can't even follow their own damn book, that is all.

I think one of my favorite traditions of the church is that Moses wrote the first five books. Ah man, that makes me laugh. How can they explain the verse that says Moses is the meekest of men? Or that he talks about his own death and where he was buried. :scratch:

True, but they don't seem to let truth get in their way.  I'm just trying to show that they can't even follow their own damn book, that is all.

yep, they woudn't want the facts to get in the way....and lo and behold goodbook is nowhere to be found. :grin:

Probably praying to keep the evil satan worshipers away from his magic chariot wheel picture.

Intelligent design:

1) Biblical history....archeological proof from pics of Noahs ark to chariot wheels under the red sea (Moses) to artifacts at Goshen (Egypt) to the empty tomb of Christ.

2) complexity of design to the star charts that date events (bethlehem star) Leo (lion from the tribe of Judah-old testament name of Jesus) to the magnificence of creation (romans 1--U R without excuse)

3) someone made something from nothing..... NOT nothing made something from nothing

4) prophecy!!! Biblical prophecies fore tell the future hundreds and thousands of years before actual events without error(Nostradamus cant do that)

5) History and actual events that have been recorded in the old and new testaments and even corroborated by secular historians

And who is this intellegent designer...Jesus is his name and he offers eternal life too all those who place their trust (belief) solely in him.

:loser:

I thought that the Hebrews didn't cross the Red Sea, but some sea of reeds (which may or may not have existed).  So even if it is a wheel in the Red Sea, it doesn't mean shit.

I say this realizing this is will probably not even be read by TGB.  Meh.

I just got a revelation from the Holy Spook, GLORY! That they didn't cross the sea of reeds either, but the Sea of Weeds, and they got high, so high in the spirit, that they flew over the sea, and they defeated the army with the rainbow swords that the blue angels gave to them.

:HaHa:

The same God that planted skeletons that are hundred of thousands of years old, and a universe that seems to be billions years old, just to ridicule and fool the scientists into believing what they see, instead of Holy Santa Clowns.

Why not piles of poop and waste from 2-3 million people walking in the desert for 40 years.

I'm still trying to figure out how 2 million people get scared from 1000-2000 soldiers...

"Oooh! Scary soldiers are following us!"

Imagine the Israelites at the Red Sea. They only needed to pick up one stone each, throw it at the soldiers, and won! Actually even better, they only needed to jump synchronized and it would have moved the earth and scared the horses away. No more chariots. It's a stupid story that is proven false by the mere facts recorded in the story!!! Please! Christians! Use your noodles!!!

Let's see, if we have 1 million people (low count), each person takes the space of minimum 4x4 feet. It comes out to: 16 million sqft. Anyone interested in comparing it to the size of LA or NY? Just curious.

The Chariots may have been there, but there were no horses left. All the cattle was killed off in plagues 5, 7 and 10.

How could there have been any left?

True, but they don't seem to let truth get in their way.  I'm just trying to show that they can't even follow their own damn book, that is all.

I think one of my favorite traditions of the church is that Moses wrote the first five books.  Ah man, that makes me laugh.  How can they explain the verse that says Moses is the meekest of men?  Or that he talks about his own death and where he was buried. :scratch:

they say that Joshua wrote the last few pages.

They got answers for everything

The Chariots may have been there, but there were no horses left.  All the cattle was killed off in plagues 5, 7 and 10.

How could there have been any left?

good insight...hadnt thought of that one before...this whole story has bugged me since i was a kid...about as bad as my mom telling me women have one less rib than men...not that this is actually believed in church...but this is the kind of story i got told as a kid...boy did i find out differently in bio class

good insight...hadnt thought of that one before...this whole story has bugged me since i was a kid...about as bad as my mom telling me women have one less rib than men...not that this is actually believed in church...but this is the kind of story i got told as a kid...boy did i find out differently in bio class

That's why we have our beliefs... those we haven't challenged are buried deep within the mommilies. And often we pass them down to our kids without even thinking about it. Sometimes, what else is there to say? It's quick, easy, and gets things out of the way to just pass along what you were told.

so ive spent the last couple of hours looking at the claims of hovind and wyatt...anyone who feels the need to bring this up in an intelligent debate, needs to be ignored...the subject has been addressed and readdressed...i can understand that someone may be unaware of all the evidence and may need the light shed upon them...but mostely it seems futile...people who fall for these kind of snakeoil sellers, tend to continue to be buyers of this said same snakeoil for years to come...eh...im embarrased more than anything else...to think i spent the first 29 years of my life defending these types of people in school and to my friends...all in the name of christ...serves me right to have to listen to this shit from the other side of the fence now...i guess this is what hell is like

so ive spent the last couple of hours looking at the claims of hovind and wyatt...anyone who feels the need to bring this up in an intelligent debate, needs to be ignored...the subject has been addressed and readdressed...i can understand that someone may be unaware of all the evidence and may need the light shed upon them...but mostely it seems futile...people who fall for these kind of snakeoil sellers, tend to continue to be buyers of this said same snakeoil for years to come...eh...im embarrased more than anything else...to think i spent the first 29 years of my life defending these types of people in school and to my friends...all in the name of christ...serves me right to have to listen to this shit from the other side of the fence now...i guess this is what hell is like

Christians feel the need to grasp at any straw that they think will help prove the validity of thier religion. They cant seem to help but be gullible. After all, they belive in talking snakes and donkeys, magic, and invisible sky friends.

Intelligent design:

Okay, that does it. Who's the culprit really, and how many Loki points does he want? :lmao::funny::lmao:

to think i spent the first 29 years of my life defending these types of people in school and to my friends...all in the name of christ...serves me right to have to listen to this shit from the other side of the fence now...i guess this is what hell is like

IMHO, hell is being in a mental prison and not even looking for the key. At least, you're free now.

IMHO, hell is being in a mental prison and not even looking for the key.  At least, you're free now.

The ironic thing is that Christians claim to be "free" as SLAVES of Christ. :twitch::Doh:

Can you say "Spot the Looney"?