Goodbye Jesus

Jesus & Young People - Part 2

prplfox

Thank you to everyone here for your encouragement when I posted part 1. I promised I would post when I got the next part done.

Eli

A year ago I found a series on youtube by 'evid3nc3' about deconversion that affected my life. I had never seen anything like that before. This summer I started a social project on belief and the effects of the Jesus message on young people. I want to begin expressing what I am learning through art and youtube, I just finished my first video which is the beginning of my deconversion story, but eventually I want to expand into broader social contexts and meanings. I hope this connects in some way with you.

Eli

These are great and really encouraging, not to mention put together wonderfully. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to part 3 :)

excellent :clap:

anxiously awaiting the next installment

wow

very powerful.

These are great and really encouraging, not to mention put together wonderfully. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to part 3 :)

Thank you for your words. This has been an involved project, I hope I can make the next part soon.

Wow, I held my breath for parts of that. I haven't heard prayer like that in so long, it's sounds so...dark, now. I remember getting 'on fire for God' and being 'lost in the spirit'...it's just...scary. Looking forward to part 3.

You're doing an amazing job! Please, keep it up :)

I can't wait for the next installation. What an amazing way to share your story. It brings back lots of memories to my teen and college years.

Beautifully done. I like your voice. I like the way you tell your story. I can relate to it. I feel a kind of sadness watching your video and story because that's how it was for so many of us, we were so in love, so sure, so dedicated and then we find out that we fell for a lie. Deconversion can be sad for some. It was for me. I also like the art in your film and your editing and everything flowed really well. It is a well put together educational video. You are very talented. Thank you so much for creating this.

I look forward to part 3.

Wow, I held my breath for parts of that. I haven't heard prayer like that in so long, it's sounds so...dark, now. I remember getting 'on fire for God' and being 'lost in the spirit'...it's just...scary. Looking forward to part 3.

It was very difficult when I was making the first video to go through that old footage knowing I was in the room at the time agreeing with all of it. So much, in fact, that I asked my church for a copy of the tape afterwards, which is why I have it. I found it in a shoebox. It is deeply upsetting to watch now. The experience of deconversion very much felt like darkness, like the colors in the world were gone.

It feels like darkness at first, but when you research out of the bible and into other beleifs, it becomes filled.

Great series so far. Very touching. Can't wait till part 3!

Excellent! Just got a chance to watch it. I don't think it is any surprise that its the Christians that really dive deep into their faith and start learning about it eventually leave it.

Another excellent video! Thank you for posting it here. Like others, I am looking forward to Part 3. I am sure you put a lot of work in both of these videos. It shows. When a video comes together so well and flows so smoothly that it looks like it was done with ease, that is a sure sign of many hours of long hard work. Great job!!

Beautifully done. I like your voice. I like the way you tell your story. I can relate to it. I feel a kind of sadness watching your video and story because that's how it was for so many of us, we were so in love, so sure, so dedicated and then we find out that we fell for a lie. Deconversion can be sad for some. It was for me. I also like the art in your film and your editing and everything flowed really well. It is a well put together educational video. You are very talented. Thank you so much for creating this.

One of the things that has made me want to make these videos is recognizing that so much of the sadness I (and you) went through didn't have to be that way. It happened because I did it alone, because of how personal faith becomes, because not talking about something allows wrong to perpetuate. We can't afford to not talk about this. Thank you for your words.

Another excellent video! Thank you for posting it here. Like others, I am looking forward to Part 3. I am sure you put a lot of work in both of these videos. It shows. When a video comes together so well and flows so smoothly that it looks like it was done with ease, that is a sure sign of many hours of long hard work. Great job!!

Thank you, I want to do it well because the message is so important. Yes, it is a lot of hours, by the end of making a video I am totally wiped, stumbling around trying to take in what just happened.

Your videos are wonderfully done and your storytelling is even better. I am looking forward to the third.

Wonderfully done! You seem like a really nice kid and I'm glad you took a step away from that slavish nonsense. You have my warmest best wishes.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Your videos are very moving. I'm anxious to see the next one.

Both your videos are really powerful, and they had a big impact on me. I look forward to Part 3.

All I can say is Wow!!! Excellent.

• 2 months later...

Excellent videos. I wish I could see Jesus with my own eyes just once. Would probably change my life, and my path.

• 1 month later...

Just found your series now. Posted the first four parts on my own forums. Looking forward to Part 5.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, you've really done an important thing with your videos. It is a painful process because it reaches to the very depths of everything you once stood for. I could say that I was as much of a hardcore christian there was. I played the good guy. Didn't do any of the "bad" stuff and spent the better part of my entire teen years wallowing in guilt and self hatred over something as simple as masturbation and natural hormonal changes. It was a never-ending cycle of pain and guilt and I found myself forever going back to church and thinking it was my fault. I didn't seek god enough. Next time I'll make it all better and try to "love" him more. I feel your story man. It hits me closer to home than anything else I've heard since those days several years ago. Thank you for what you're doing. Anticipating your future releases.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I just sat down and watched 1-4. You captured so much of it perfectly. I think it was important that you included the music. A lot of it was the emotional experience that is hard to explain.

• 1 month later...

I cant wait for the next one! Great job!