Goodbye Jesus

A Poll For The Christians.

SleeplessGhost

So this is a poll to help me get to know you. I think I made it the least offensive that I could.

So... Why are you here? Trying to win back lost souls? Do you have doubts? Do you even listen to the secular arguments presented here or discount these arguments as ungodly and therefor incorrect?

I did not make the poll public because I wanted you to be as honest as possible.Also, if an answer does not fit you please pick the closest from the list.

• Super Moderator

Oh, this should be interesting.... if any christians have the balls to answer honestly.

Love that last question. Wonder if they consider "Lying For Jesus" a Real Lie and thus a sin?

Is there a protestant denomination option missing, or does protestant mean "anything not catholic" as it did in the times of Martin Luther?

Yes, protestant is generally any non-catholic Christian. I also wonder how many responses this poll will get, and I must admit that I am surprised that there has already been a response. Christians keep on filling out the poll. I think that the results will be interesting, although I already have a hypothosis as to how the numbers would read if we have around twenty christians fill it out.

I believe you. I was hoping to get more responses to the poll though... so far you iz the only one!

Guest Spinoza

I'm a Christian / Catholic (which I interpret as meaning Eclectic)

I Love everyone.

I believe that "That" is what Jesus (The Nazarene) came to teach.

And even if Jesus never existed, whoever wrote the Gospels (esp. the Doubter Thomas) had it right.

I try to "Love my Neighbor as Myself" (but I make lots of mistakes) ....

"The entire Law is summed up in the following : "Love your Neighbor as Yourself" Gal 5:14

Peace.

• Super Moderator

I Love everyone.

And even if Jesus never existed, whoever wrote the Gospels (esp. the Doubter Thomas) had it right.

"The entire Law is summed up in the following : "Love your Neighbor as Yourself" Gal 5:14

Peace.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the higher-ups in the Catholic Church knew this, you would be excommunicated before the sun rises tomorrow. wink.gif

As a former Catholic myself, I have a fondness for Matthew Fox, the excommunicated Catholic-turned Episcopal priest. His book Original Blessing has always been a favorite of mine. If I still believed in a god, it would be of this variety.

Guest Spinoza

I Love everyone.

Peace.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the higher-ups in the Catholic Church knew this, you would be excommunicated before the sun rises tomorrow. wink.gif

As a former Catholic myself, I have a fondness for Matthew Fox, the excommunicated Catholic-turned Episcopal priest. His book Original Blessing has always been a favorite of mine. If I still believed in a god, it would be of this variety.

All of my gurus were heretics and blasphemers that were kicked out of their Churches. Meister Eckhart, Baruch Spinoza, Jesus the Nazarene (Natzir)

I'm the sort of catholic that spends Sunday mornings out in the kayak.... Like Jesus, I consider most of the priests to be just like the Pharisees.

So this is a poll to help me get to know you. I think I made it the least offensive that I could.

So... Why are you here? Trying to win back lost souls? Do you have doubts? Do you even listen to the secular arguments presented here or discount these arguments as ungodly and therefor incorrect?

I did not make the poll public because I wanted you to be as honest as possible.Also, if an answer does not fit you please pick the closest from the list.

Question #2 does not allow for converts from no religion.

Phanta

Oh PLEASE! You're not eclectic. Episcopalians/Anglicans aren't that much different. The only difference is they don't have a pope. I grew up Fundamngelical, but came out of the Episcopal Church when I finally left Xianity. I did the freakin' rosary, said Hail Marys, Our Fathers, genuflect, etc., so do us a favour and don't give us that BS.

Guest Spinoza

Oh PLEASE! You're not eclectic. Episcopalians/Anglicans aren't that much different. The only difference is they don't have a pope. I grew up Fundamngelical, but came out of the Episcopal Church when I finally left Xianity. I did the freakin' rosary, said Hail Marys, Our Fathers, genuflect, etc., so do us a favour and don't give us that BS.

:) אין עוד מלבדו

Guest Spinoza

Mriana, these are some of my favorite Christian, Catholic, Episcopalian, Anglicans beliefs...... I spend all my time immersed in the Isha Upanishad.

You are correct - This is what Jesus the Nazarene Sufi was talking about.....

He was truly a Master of Kabbalah, & Vedantic Non-dualist Zen Yogi Master of the Highest Degree. His Way is also called Tao.

"When one contemplates things, everything is revealed as One." - Zohar

"Since all things revolve around a common Love, the heavens and earth are made of One substance." - Zhuangzi

"The Beloved is all in all; the lover merely veils Him; The Beloved is all that lives." - Rumi

“Better than a thousand hollow words, is One word that brings peace.” - Buddha

"When the Ten Thousand things are viewed in their oneness, we return to the Origin and remain where we have always been." - Sen T'sen

“Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” - Buddha

“Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.” -- Buddha

We search for Him here & there. looking right at Him. Sitting by His side, we ask: 'O Beloved, where is the Beloved?' Rumi

The soul of all is one soul, and the truth is one truth, under whatever religion it is hidden. — Hazrat Inayat Khan

What wisdom can you find that is greater than Kindness? ~Rousseau

"What you really are is totally in love with seeing itself everywhere." - Adyashanti

But in you is the presence that will be, when all the stars are dead. —Rainer Maria Rilke

Look, the vast Light stands still / Our cleanest Light is One! —Thomas Merton

We all sit in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the center and knows. ~Robert Frost

Let the waters settle, you will see stars and moon mirrired in your Being. ~Rumi

This very moment is the perfect teacher, & lucky for us, it's with us wherever we go. -Pema Chodron

Namaste. Peace be with You. Love and Light.

You can quit with the Hebrew, or whatever, and BTW, I can quote from many different religious text too. What is your point with all those quotes?

• Super Moderator

You can quit with the Hebrew, or whatever, and BTW, I can quote from many different religious text too. What is your point with all those quotes?

Hey Mriana,

I don't know Hebrew, but I do know Google Translate, and I say this to Spinoza's ramblings and to the ones posted by a mysterious no-name person who blesses us with identical dribble on his status. LOL

לך תזדיין

http://translate.google.com

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gifGONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Well, I know Hebrew when I see it. I just don't understand his response to what I said. The comment doesn't seem to relate at all to what I said nor do I understand why he has to spew out a list of sayings. So indeed, bp, that is about all we can say.

Poll has been edited for Phanta's suggestion.

Guest Spinoza

What is your point with all those quotes?

I was trying to be Eclectic..... אין עוד מלבדו

Can be interpreted as "God is One, there is nothing other than God" - those quotes expand on that idea from many many cultures.

Did you read any of them ?

I could have written One Hebrew Letter that would represent those thoughts. That Letter is Aleph. It looks like an X.

I am Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, atheist, etc etc etc ..... Everything is God, that is all that exists.