Goodbye Jesus

You people are Awesome!

Razor

Nice try guys!

For those with eyes to see, it just wont work for you.

So many times you people here speak of Christians being slippery or tap dancing their way around things.

The fact is the written word of God about Israels rebirth, in the phropesy of the Valley of the dry bones in Ezekeil.

So if God is not real and does not exist, then Israel should not exist either.

That is the bottom line, you can cut off your nose despite your face all you like, it is of no consquence to me.

Peace

No, sorry. That doesn't address God's existence even remotely, Isreal existing and God existing are two completely seperate issues.

That would be like saying that, since the bible talks about trees, if God didn't exist trees wouldn't exist. As I've already said - to verify the Bible being anything accurate, you have to prove God's existence without using the Bible. Once again you fell back on trying to prove him with the book that he supposedly authored/inspired.

It works like this A> Proof of God B> Bible accurate, NOT A> Bible accurate B> It's proof of God.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Asimov

• crazy-tiger

• Razor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bible is true because it is God's word - correct?

Therefore to establish that the Bible is truly God's word, we must first prove this God's existence, until that is done - the Bible remains a book with doubt cast on it, and any scripture and prophecy referenced as proof, will hold no authority or validity.

Proof of God's existence cannot come from the Bible, since it's only valid if we've already established God's existence, since the Bible can only be considered perfect, and complete truth if it is his divine word.

Here's a little chart to clear this up for you. Clearly Razor is correct.

CircularReasoning.jpg

Hmmm...on second thought. ;)

mwc

He's still got 2 days.

If what he posted in the Arena was a response, then I'd hate to see what it would look like if he took a shit in your lap. :mellow:

Astonishingly, Razor has actually managed to employ a debate strategy far worse than anything used by Jason Gastrich. I didn't think anyone could possibly acheive such a low.

Astonishingly, Razor has actually managed to employ a debate strategy far worse than anything used by Jason Gastrich.  I didn't think anyone could possibly acheive such a low.

How can you debate Science?

Science requires that you have proof, you either have proof or you do not, that somthing is so, it has to be irrefuteable Proof, that can be demonstrated and measured.

That just cannot be done to demonstrate the original source of life, oh they have tried for sure, but as yet they still only have theory and supposition to offer, not concrete evidence.

I have been given the impression here that the phropesy of the rebirth of Israel from Ezekeil is a fairy tale, even after the Bible phropesy shows up a national border of Israel to measure for yourself in todays World.

Hmmm I wonder how many Kilometres the National border of Israel is?

It is somthing you can demonstrate and measure though.

Peace to you all

• Admin

Ok, I can't stand it anymore - it's prophecy.

Although, come to think of it, the other spelling is more fitting to the intellectual quality of this discussion.

]

Science requires that you have proof, you either have proof or you do not, that somthing is so, it has to be irrefuteable Proof, that can be demonstrated and measured.

That just cannot be done to demonstrate the original source of life, oh they have tried for sure, but as yet they still only have theory and supposition to offer, not concrete evidence.

I have been given the impression here that the phropesy of the rebirth of Israel from Ezekeil is a fairy tale, even after the Bible phropesy shows up a national border of Israel to measure for yourself in todays World.

Peace to you all

You know what there, dippity-do? Over and over and over again you run to Ezekiel for proof, are you not aware that in order for a prophecy to be considered "true" that it has to be in full? Where is the temple, the sacrifices, the high priest, the offerings, and most importantly THE PEACE? You really are a fool.

:eek:

How'd that happen, m'dear?

I've tried to reply before with thinking I was logged on and usually the error screen props up a prompts you to sign in...that didn't happen this time because when I went to edit it, "guest" was at the top of my post.

I've tried to reply before with thinking I was logged on and usually the error screen props up a prompts you to sign in...that didn't happen this time because when I went to edit it, "guest" was at the top of my post.

Just like THIS one? :lmao:

I suppose this is the new feature that allows lurkers to enter and be damned.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here!" Bwahahahahaha!

You should be able to set a "remember me" type cookie when you log in.

If what he posted in the Arena was a response, then I'd hate to see what it would look like if he took a shit in your lap. :mellow:

Can't seem to post to the Peanut Gallery thread.

I was expecting something more of a response... but clearly it speaks for itself

You should be able to set a "remember me" type cookie when you log in.

:shrug: It does that on my machine. I haven't logged off or on for months.

Everytime I open the site, I'm automatically logged on.

Can't seem to post to the Peanut Gallery thread.

I was expecting something more of a response... but clearly it speaks for itself

I can't post in the Peanut Gallery, either.

But it's obvious Razor is not up to the task. Really, I could've come up with a better refutation. He might've taken the mystical, metaphysical route, for example: creationism as a metaphor for the origins of life or something. It wouldn't have worked against the well-researched evidence, but it would've been a more eloquent response.

His 'rebuttal' made me feel embarrassed for him. :Doh:

I can't post in the Peanut Gallery, either.

Maybe has something to do with the latest changes?

His 'rebuttal' made me feel embarrassed for him. :Doh:

Yeah. I don't think he knew what he was getting into.

What the fuck?! Why did you even agree to debate if you didn't even plan on actually trying?

Science is about making theories based on what is observed. Nothing in science is ever actually "proven". What scientific theories are supposed to represent is the best of what we know right now about the natural world. And the reason scientific theories change is because our knowledge changes.

The classic case would be that of gravity. The theory of gravity changed from Neuton to Einstein, but did that make either man's theory less scientific? Of course not, because both men were working from the best of what they know.

In fact, you could actually learn from one of Neuton's biggest errors. See, Neuton couldn't figure out why all the planets were on the same plane and going in the same direction. He considered this to be evidence of a God. In his work, Neuton appeals to ignorance. Then 20th Century physics comes along and blows that one right out of the water, and now science can say, with a high degree of certainty, why the planets all go in the same direction, and nobody needed a god to explain it.

The debate was about evolution, numbnuts. Not the origin of life. Or do you not know the difference? Even so, the lack of certainty in some areas of science in no way validates your belief in God. This is as pure an appeal to ignorance as I've ever seen.

Oh for fuck's sake! You haven adequately shown it to be an actual prophecy of anything! Do you honestly think that's a prophecy about today? I don't seem to recall you ever actually showing that that's a meaningful prophecy at all. In fact, I think SerenityNow hit it right on the head.

Over and over and over again you run to Ezekiel for proof, are you not aware that in order for a prophecy to be considered "true" that it has to be in full?  Where is the temple, the sacrifices, the high priest, the offerings, and most importantly THE PEACE?  You really are a fool.
Furthermore, your precious Ezekiel made a few blunders as well. As you might recall from Ez. 26:7-14, he also says that Nebuchadrezzar would lay waste to the city of Tyre, which would never again be rebuilt. Not only does Nebby fail, but the city still exists today with a notably uninterrupted history.

The point here is that sometimes prophecies may appear to be fullfilled when you look at them from a very cursory point of view, but when you actually step back and look at the whole prophecy or other predictions made by the same prophet, there's actually very little being predicted at all. And the small number of lucky predictions being made are insignificant to the extraordinary amount of predictions that don't come to fruition in any way at all.

In a way, it's no different than what John Edward does on television. He makes a whole lot of guesses about a person's life, but he only manages to get a small amount of them right. Anyone could do that. All it requires is a crowd that is easily bamboozled into counting the hits and ignoring the misses.

Your prophet is basically throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Peace to you all

Perhaps if you had read any of the half a dozen posts I've made to you about this "prophecy" you would finally shut up.

Try to get this though your thick skull. Ezekeil lived durring the Babylonian Exile. His prophecy delt with the rebuilding of Israel after the end of the Exile. He was predicting somethat would happen in the next 50 years. It wasn't special knowledge from God, he was just voicing the hope of the Exiled Jews that they would be allowed to go home and rebuild Israel.

The Prophcey you mention has absolutely nothing to do with modern Israel. Please Please Please show some intelligence and stop bringing this up after I and others on this site have explained the flaw in your thinking 5 or 6 times. You just make your self stupid. Argumentum ad nauseam attacks do not make you more right so please stop repeating the same argument after it has been disproved.

Razor I'm still waiting for an apology, or a link to the post where I, or anyone here, said they left Christianity due to burn out. It was a false claim of yours and so therefore bearing false witness.

<snip>

If only you knew how much God speaks to me through you, then you would be very surprised, indeed.

<snip>

Razor,

When you read the above statement of yours, does it not impress you in the least as delusional? Trust me, it is. Keep telling yourself this and very soon you will see it's all a big fairy tale and you’re buying into it out of desperation.

Now that's not God channeling throught me, its good ole' common sense. I'll pit that against delusional God-speak any day of the week.

Really, I could've come up with a better refutation. He might've taken the mystical, metaphysical route, for example: creationism as a metaphor for the origins of life or something. It wouldn't have worked against the well-researched evidence, but it would've been a more eloquent response.

Ditto. At the very least, he could've used the old "complexity = creationism" argument. It's not original, but it would have been a lot better than running away.

or at least shed some light on why HE believes in creationism, and not evolution.

:shrug: It does that on my machine. I haven't logged off or on for months.

Everytime I open the site, I'm automatically logged on.

I dare not log out..I don't remember my password.. :HaHa:

Just a couple things I'd like to say to my "debate" opponent:

1: Fuck you.

2: Fuck you.

3: Fuck you.

4: You have got to be the worlds biggest dumbass.

5. Your stupid fucking 2 sentence post in the Arena? Yea, just because there is a debate (which generally there isn't because what you believe is bullshit) does not mean that we can't debate it. Instead of saying "doo doodoo doo doo, we can't prove anyfing! Hur hur hur", why don't you actually try addressing my post you fuckwad.

6. Fuck you.

7. Hey jackass, learn how to spell.

8. Hey, you fucking cack, this is a fucking debate area. If you're not interested in even debating then fuck off.

9. Fuck you.

10. Fuck you.

Apologies to all for my excessive language....except to Razor, he's a jackass.