Goodbye Jesus

My Friend Called Me, And I Jumped Out Of The Closet

foolish girl

Ok. Update:

It was just me and her today. We went out to take pictures.

We were in the car for about 15 minutes and then she goes "OK! We're alone now! Tell me why you aren't coming to church!"

:twitch:

so I told her- gently. I told her that I don't want to attack her beliefs, I just do not share them anymore.

She asked why.

I gave her a few examples of how reality doesn't mesh with scripture. We talked about Noah too.

Whenever I said something that made sense that couldn't be argued, she said you had to accept it on faith. I told her that I used to, but the list of things that had to be accepted had grown too large and covered up my faith. Now I have things that I know to be true. And things that I don't know.

She was quiet (VERY STRANGE FOR HER)

Then she changed the subject.

We had a lovely day.

:lmao::phew::grin:

she's a gossip...everyone will know soon.

:HappyCry:boo-hoo, I don't care.

Also..she cussed 3x more than usual today. And she usually cusses a LOT around me...hahaha. She likes me because we can drink and smoke and talk about sex.

LOL

Funny stuff.

Ok. Update:

It was just me and her today. We went out to take pictures.

We were in the car for about 15 minutes and then she goes "OK! We're alone now! Tell me why you aren't coming to church!"

:twitch:

so I told her- gently. I told her that I don't want to attack her beliefs, I just do not share them anymore.

She asked why.

I gave her a few examples of how reality doesn't mesh with scripture. We talked about Noah too.

Whenever I said something that made sense that couldn't be argued, she said you had to accept it on faith. I told her that I used to, but the list of things that had to be accepted had grown too large and covered up my faith. Now I have things that I know to be true. And things that I don't know.

She was quiet (VERY STRANGE FOR HER)

Then she changed the subject.

We had a lovely day.

:lmao::phew::grin:

she's a gossip...everyone will know soon.

:HappyCry:boo-hoo, I don't care.

Also..she cussed 3x more than usual today. And she usually cusses a LOT around me...hahaha. She likes me because we can drink and smoke and talk about sex.

LOL

Funny stuff.

Maybe you just went from being the fun friend to being the extra fun friend.

MAYBE!

It was weird, I don't know if I imagined it, but she seemed to like me better!

Things can always change with time, but at least she has somehting new to gossip about. She can do all of my coming out for me now. YOU KNOW...."I don't mean to gossip, but you really should pray for _____".......

:dumbo:

MAYBE!

It was weird, I don't know if I imagined it, but she seemed to like me better!

Things can always change with time, but at least she has somehting new to gossip about. She can do all of my coming out for me now. YOU KNOW...."I don't mean to gossip, but you really should pray for _____".......

:dumbo:

And when you are open about your disbelief with others, their shock will have already passed. Maybe I should find a good gossiper in my family to share with.

Awesome. Glad to hear the conversation went surprising well. Good luck with round-about outing to everyone else!

Your friend has one foot out of xtianity already.