Goodbye Jesus

Re: "dear Christian, I Am An Atheist..."

J-Sea

"This is correct. I consider Christianity to be a disease that is killing humanity, one person at a time. It teaches that humans were born evil and cannot redeem themselves through their own honest efforts, but must agree to accept the sacrifice of another individual in order to save themselves from eternal torment. It teaches a horrible end-time myth that involves the deaths of billions of people. It teaches people to look forward to a mythical future life rather than teaching them to value the life they do have. It terrorizes children and adults alike with threats of a mythical hell. It is immoral to believe and even more immoral to teach to others."

AGREED Astreja!!!

Thanks, SJ.

I conclude that you all reject Christianity simply, because you don’t like it.

I conclude that you're a great big fucking asshole. I conclude that your god doesn't exist because if it did it would strike you down for giving it such a bad name. Piss off, loser. :loser:

http://new.exchristi...am-atheist.html

Why not, What do I have to lose? I can have fun stirring a pot of God haters… All you atheist are doing nothing, but proving Biblical prophecy. You know that right? 3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers (That’s you, you all are scoffers), walking after their own lusts, 2 Peter 3:3.

Allow me to ask. Have any of you ever actually....yada yada yada...

Clearly, you are not a golfer.

What do I have to lose?

You might lose some souls that might have been saved - your god WILL require that of you, you know.

This asshole 'j-sea' has been back at least three times since starting this thread without commenting. I think all it's interested in is stirring up shit, just as it suggested in it's opening post. I say lock the thread and ban the fucker.

Guest I Love Dog

So I just wanna be clear real quick, I’m the one who believes in a silly story? Ok, gotchya, just making sure.

I conclude that you all reject Christianity simply, because you don’t like it. You have no rhyme or reason to reject except that you don’t like what it teaches. So you tell yourselves lies, like, it’s a myth, so that you can go on living in your apostasy.

So, consider that 75% of the World's population doesn't accept Christianity. If it was "the truth" and all it is cracked up to be by Christians then surely there'd be more Christians? 75% of the World's population, nearly 5 billion people think that you believe in a silly story, too.

Is there that much room in hell for your loving god to send them all to?

Btw, not every member of this site is an atheist. There are many and varying beliefs, only united in one belief, that is that Christianity is the biggest confidence trick ever played on humanity.

• Like 1

Have any of you ever actually read a Bible for yourselves to know what it says? I doubt it,

Please consider the thought that reading the Bible is why I left. I had always wondered why the Jews had rejected Jesus as Messiah. Just a casual reading of the OT will reveal that Jesus never did what the Messiah was supposed to do, and that the verses quoted from the OT are taken completely out of context and applied to Jesus. Since Christianity is built on misapplications and misinterpretations, how can it be true?

I have a feeling that you don't allow facts to get in the way of your opinions, but here's something you should check into. "Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions." Here's a link if you're interested in reading the study.

http://pewforum.org/...dge-Survey.aspx

You all are laughable, you claim that Christians don’t know how to think for themselves, that they just go off of what they’ve been told. But I ask, how many of you have ever came up with your theories on your own, or do you just know what you were taught in school? Do you just blindly trust Darwin’s book, “The Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favored Races In the Struggle for Life” And if you believe that book, then you believe that Humans and Bananas are related.

Did you come up with your ideas on your own? Or isn't it a case of "the Bible tells me so"?

I respect you all as much as I respect someone who believes that the Moon is made of cheese. I hope that you’ve had as much fun reading this as I have writing it. O, and btw, lest you repent and believe, you will find yourself in a hot place called Hell. So when you get there, don’t say that I didn’t tell you. Thanks for reading and have a God blessed day! :)

Yeah, sure, that "blessing" just drips with sincerity. We have already given you much more time than you deserve. And YES, you are right, we didn't like Christianity so we left. So now buzz off.

I hope that you’ve had as much fun reading this as I have writing it.

I for one didn't read past the first line when I saw what an arrogant little cocksucking prick you are.

I still say ban it's sorry ass.

I want to comment but since I am not an athiest the op may have a stroke.

I still say ban it's sorry ass.

People like him offer a scratching post for the Lions to sharpen their claws on. They are shining examples of everything evil in religion we reject, and stand to remind us of our choices in a higher road of respect and love towards others.

I for one am thankful, in a unpleasant sort of way, for these periodic reminders of just how detrimental religion can be for people who don't use their own minds. He's moved to the Den for an appropriate place for his particular flavor of spiritual disease and verbal bile.

You do realize that for those like him I hear the words, "Methinks the lady doth protest too much", meaning they lash out the most at what frightens them the most about themselves, what they see themselves as behind the lies?

• Super Moderator

The rant almost seems too extreme to me. It's as if someone is drawing a caricature of Christian thought to show us how ridiculous it is. If on the other hand it's really sincere, I pity him.

As is often the case, it's difficult to separate a religion from its parody.

The rant almost seems too extreme to me. It's as if someone is drawing a caricature of Christian thought to show us how ridiculous it is. If on the other hand it's really sincere, I pity him.

As is often the case, it's difficult to separate a religion from its parody.

That's something I try to keep an eye on. If I sense someone just playing with us, then the ban hammer comes down. For the time being, he's providing something to rip apart under the assumption its real. There are plenty out there who are in fact as mentally diseased as him, so it's hard to say.

Although, the fact of the bitter bile he started the thread with after reading the main blog then charging in here, makes me feel like his is being guided by his religious hatreds, making it real. All he has is his religion to tell him what he is, so challenge that, and out comes the knives and guns, in this little solider of his religion, defending against the exposure of his impotence before the world and himself, using the name of his god to justify his violence towards others, blinded by his own fear of himself.

I posted a picture of an Ex-Christian looking for his brain as my Avatar. Hope you like it.

Ha Ha !

That was relevant...KatieHmm.gif

The OP does seem rather like a parody like Florduh pointed out. His post seems more angry than anything, I think sometimes the fact that there are people out there who disagree with their beliefs drives them nuts. I've known many xtians who looked forward to seeing unbelievers, Muslims, Buddhists etc... be cast out into hell while they sit in Heaven. It hints at something darker in their nature.

Guest Spinoza

I posted a picture of an Ex-Christian looking for his brain as my Avatar. Hope you like it.

Ha Ha !

That was relevant...KatieHmm.gif

I thing Oroborous found that avatar for me . Pretty cool eh. I thought it was especially relevant to this conversation. Don't you think ?

You aren't the first to get it. Won't be the last I have a feeling...

The last one for now is that God would spit Israel up and that He’d bring them back together again. Well, in 1948 Israel became a nation again. And not only that, but did you know that the only country that’s not represented in the UN is Israel? Interesting…

Israel became a member of the UN on the 11th of May 1949, one year after Israel was declared an independent state. This info is from the web site of the Permanent Mission of Israel to the United Nations: http://israel-un.mfa.gov.il/.

Ambassador Meron Reuben Meron Reuben became the fifteenth Ambassador of Israel to the United Nations on 1 September 2010.

The State not represented in the UN is:

• The Holy See

At the time of which this part was written, common belief was that the Earth was flat and that it rested on the back of a turtle.

Neat. What time was that part of the Bible written, and what is your reference for people believing the earth rested on the back of a turtle? I want to learn more about ancient people's beliefs.

Thanks.

Phanta

If we want Him to stop evil, we gotta be consistent, we can’t just pick and choose.

Why can't we pick and choose?

Phanta

Guest Spinoza
If we want Him to stop evil, we gotta be consistent, we can’t just pick and choose.

Phanta

That's what I do.

Well, God knew that certain responsibilities had to be completed in a society, and he told which gender to do what. He made man to be in charge, because Adam came first and Eve came from Adam and sinned first. For Adam was created in God’s image and women were created in man’s image.

The argument that order equals supremacy is an odd one to argue, considering the repeated theme of God overthrowing the cultural practice of primogeniture (the eldest inheriting the entire estate).

See:

Genesis 4:1-10 - Abel, the younger, is favored by God.

Genesis 16, 21 - Isaac, the younger, is favored over Ishmael

Genesis 25:12-34 - In which God says to Rebekah, "Two nations--in your womb, two peoples from your loins shall issue. People over people shall prevail, the elder, the younger's slave". Later Esau does, indeed, sell his birthright to his brother.

Genesis 37-end: Joseph, the youngest, is abused by his elder brothers, but ends up far more powerful than they.

God is not tied to natural order.

But don’t let that make you think that that’s not fair. For men are charged with greater responsibility than women, it’s our job to keep women safe and to make sure they have food. Besides, aren’t you the one demeaning women by saying that men have better roles according to the Bible?

The Bible presents men's roles as better and more important. I believe that all roles are important and should be revered equally. I disdain that which holds the roles of one group or gender over the other, and which forces all into roles to which they are not suited.

Phanta

Phanta

That's what I do.

I see that about you. I do the same.

I can have fun stirring a pot of God haters…

Lol, there’s no evidence for evolution you fools.

You all are laughable,

As for this letter. Geez, someone must have really been disgruntled to write such a literary piece. First correct me if I’m wrong, but I sensed a bit of animosity

If I hear one more ignorant person say that Christianity is a crutch, I’m going to ignore it. You see, you all say that Christianity is a crutch for those who can’t face reality by themselves. I say atheism is a crutch for those who don’t like God and can’t face the realities of Hell by themselves. How does that sit in your pipe?

I respect you all as much as I respect someone who believes that the Moon is made of cheese. I hope that you’ve had as much fun reading this as I have writing it. O, and btw, lest you repent and believe, you will find yourself in a hot place called Hell. So when you get there, don’t say that I didn’t tell you. Thanks for reading and have a God blessed day! :)

Why are you so angry?