Do You Have A Penis?

foolish girl

So my church gives out little loaves of bread to visitors. "Loaves of love" (I like to think of them as 'love muffins' lol)

ANYWAY, after the invitation, the little boys walk to the head of the isle (one boy per isle, there are 5). On cue they walk slowly to the back of the church- if anyone raises their hand as a guest the kid passes them a gift.

Easy enough.

Except they won't let the girls help.

My Daughter: "Mom, can I do the bread thing today?"

Me:"Sorry charlie"

Her: "Why not?"

*deep sigh*...."because those are the silly rules honey."

So the dude in charge of this service stops me in the hall today. He wants to know if he can't find enough kids between k-3rd grade to help...will my big kids help? I tell him that they have really outgrown it, but I am sure they will help if he needs it.

Walking away....

walking...

Walking.....

*stop* ..................*turn*

"You know My daughter frequently asks if she can help, and she is the right age. I am pretty sure that she is charming and knows how to hold a basket. Also, I don't think god has anything against it- so if you would like an appropriately aged helper- you should ask her. There are several girls in there who wish they could do it."

He says: "Oh.....! WELLL........uh...."

*walk away*

• Like 1

Amusing story, FG!

And the Lord to women spake, "Let he who hath a penis delivereth thy bread, for this be a symbol of the authority of man over thou."

FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

Foolish Girl, you must be reasonable here. After all, think of what kind of message it would send to visitors if girls were actually allowed to hand out these "Loaves of Love." They might get the wrong impression that their god sees boys and girls as equals. For shame!

• Like 2

your church is WEIRD.

your church is WEIRD.

Can you name a church that isn't? They are very in to the roles of men and women. It makes me WANT to be scandalous.

Women participate in church roles? Sacrilege! Next you'll be condoning the queers and the coloreds!

Get her out mum while she still has some vestige of self esteem.

I'd agree with Galien. I am sure you want to and I understand why its hard. I let my daughter go to sunday school with my mother in law but only until she was 3. I think they say that its between 7-10 that religious indoctrination is most powerful but I can't remember where I read it. I think its because its the age that kids start understanding their roles in life and consequences for their actions and the idea of death.

But yeah your church is weird. Mine was weird too - also very strict on gender roles. But we never did anything nice for visitors like give them bread.

And the Lord to women spake, "Let he who hath a penis delivereth thy bread, for this be a symbol of the authority of man over thou."

FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

Well, you allow her to go to church. I guess I would say, don't like it, don't send her to be abused because that is what christianity is.

Goddamn it... why do kids have to be involved in this story? There's a pantie-loaf joke in here somewhere.

Well, you allow her to go to church. I guess I would say, don't like it, don't send her to be abused because that is what christianity is.

yes, vinxentrox-

because the situation IS black and white and there is only one right answer for my daughter.

You're right- I'll shut up my fucking whining because being on the outside, completely removed- with an angry, isolated husband and children in a torn-up family is the only valid ex-christian experience.

What was I thinking.

I am working on a gradual project here. of course I don't want her there.

You cannot have a happy family when you are rational and your partner is not. Chistianity is an evil cancer. If you don't want her there, don't let her go. If you are somehow forced into letting her go, explain to her that Christianity lies, is bad, evil, and that girls are every bit as good as a boy. How long will you wait? When she becomes a teen and is being fully subjected to how worthless she is beyond her hymen as gift to her future husband? Sooner or later you will have to have it out with your husband. It's virtually impossible to be happy living with a christard, particularily when they are activly brainwashing one's child into a little jesus-bot.

Why not just straight up tell your daughter the truth? Tell her you spoke to the "boss"and he says he doesn't want girls to do it. Tell her you dont think its right and you are mad too and the church has lots of unfair rules for girls. As long as she is there, she may as well learn what true xtianity is.

Vixentrox, this is ex-christin.net, that means we all used to be Christians, some longer than others. I think it's ridiculous to imply that there's no hope for Christians to change their minds when you are posting on a board specifically created for ones who have.

foolish girl, I hope they come to their senses and let the girls participate if they want. At the very least, you brought up how silly it is.

Don't throw things at me... :wicked:

I think smart women allow their men the illusion of authority. :HaHa:

Why not just straight up tell your daughter the truth? Tell her you spoke to the "boss"and he says he doesn't want girls to do it. Tell her you dont think its right and you are mad too and the church has lots of unfair rules for girls. As long as she is there, she may as well learn what true xtianity is.

Marty,

thanks- I do. (did) She and I have conversations like this. I think you all can see from my recent posts here (like the Lord said to Noah, and this one) that I don't just nod and smile anymore. I am making my way through all of this. As things are age appropriate or relevant to her life (same with the boys) We talk about it.

Doin the best I can here.

Marty,

thanks- I do. (did) She and I have conversations like this. I think you all can see from my recent posts here (like the Lord said to Noah, and this one) that I don't just nod and smile anymore. I am making my way through all of this. As things are age appropriate or relevant to her life (same with the boys) We talk about it.

Doin the best I can here.

you are doing just fine

It takes a long time for some of us, especially those with families. While I don't like labels, I HATE with a passion the attitude to women that churches have. I hated it as a xian, and even more so now.

Just keep doin what you are doing, and you will know when the time is right to get up and don't go back.

I've never heard of anything like that at church; then again the church I went to consisted of three families including ours and the preacher's. That's messed up!

Ok I'll carry the basket with my penis. Just give me a couple of minutes I have to run to the bathroom.

you are doing just fine

Thank You

I bet the breadbaskets are so heavy that people need a penis for counterbalance.

Ok I'll carry the basket with my penis. Just give me a couple of minutes I have to run to the bathroom.

:lmao:

I bet the breadbaskets are so heavy that people need a penis for counterbalance.

My compliments to anyone with a penis capable of being a counterbalance.