Goodbye Jesus

Who knows God

Guest acorn

Guest acorn

We are in the End of Days, my question is how is God going to communicate Himself, either by talking with someone, showing Himself, etc .., If the person that is in question is someone that He doesnt know? The bigger question is who does God know that loves Him, then you will see Him because he will come into your heart. Look at the scripture.

Heres some scripture for this topic:

Wondering where all the signs are, if He is God.

Mark 8:12

12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.(KJV)

The End of Days Acts 2:17-21

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

(KJV)

Mark 13:35-37

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.(KJV)

:Hmm:

Rev 3:20-21

20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

21 "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

(NKJ)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• quicksand

• Japedo

• chefranden

I think we call this the Fallacy of Moving the Goal Posts don't we?

We are in the End of Days, my question is how is God going to communicate  Himself, either by talking with someone, showing Himself, etc .., If the person that is in question is someone that He doesnt know? The bigger question is who does God know that loves Him, then you will see Him because he will come into your heart. Look at the scripture.

(NKJ)

The 7th Day adventists during the Civil War thought for sure, Jesus was coming and started as The Millerite Movement. When the end didn't come, they changed their name. Market to a whole new generation.

Many people were really disappointed when the world didn't end on Oct. 22, 1843, as William Miller had promised. For some of Miller's spiritual descendants, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists and the Jehovah's Witnesses, the end is still near -- just around the next corner. For other of his heirs, such as those that bivouacked at Waco, the end has already come and passed.

Anyway, they got it wrong. So do you.

And all this wonderful post of yours is tantamount to scare tactics.

Guest Challenger
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Is this what you had in mind?

Seems like signs to me.

So how about this, then?

Luke 21:32   

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

2000 years later and still waiting. . . :Wendywhatever:

Is this what you had in mind?

Seems like signs to me.

So how about this, then?

2000 years later and still waiting. . . :Wendywhatever:

Don't forget Tim, James, and Johnny Boy Revelation too. All thought the end times was near.

I like soccer better. The goals posts don't move. :HaHa:

Since God doesn't exist, he's not going to communicate. And since the Bible is a bunch of crap, your verses are irrelevant.

Guest acorn
Since God doesn't exist, he's not going to communicate.  And since the Bible is a bunch of crap, your verses are irrelevant.

Easy way to look at life, so is every thing that is in this world. That doesnt mean it is correct. Have you ever been a Christian before, or have you always been athiest?Reply, Id like to know.

Guest Challenger
Easy way to look at life, so is every thing that is in this world. That doesnt mean it is correct. Have you ever been a Christian before, or have you always been athiest?Reply, Id like to know.

Mind if I reply?

I've never been a Christian.

Acorn,

This forum is not for Christians to preach. Almost all members here are ExChristians and know the drill. Secondly, if any ExChristian so desires to explore Christianity once again, there are a plethora of Christian sites and thousands of churches for them to visit. Do not utilize this forum for preaching.

Bruce

No, of course it doesn't mean it's correct, but I have no reason to think otherwise, considering anyone who's presented biblical or theological arguments have failed.

Your question is a false dichotomy:

I have always been an atheist.

Yes, I were a christian for nearly 3 decades!

If you consider your way of looking at life hard, that doesn't mean it is correct.

We are in the End of Days, my question is how is God going to communicate Himself, either by talking with someone, showing Himself, etc .., If the person that is in question is someone that He doesnt know?

Firstly, do you know that it has been the Last Days for 2000 years now. How much longer do you, as a Christian, believe it will be the last days?

Secondly, are you implying that God's power is limited? He cannot show himself if he does not know someone? Doesn't he know everyone?

You like quoting the bible. What do you have to say about Luke 21:32 ?

We are in the End of Days *snipped to cut out the rest of the nonsense*

Oh, goody. "Chicken Little" syndrome :Wendywhatever:

Good grief, will you dim bulbs EVER stop screaming about the "END TIMES!!!!!" every time something even remotely bad happens?

Tornados - "END TIMES!"

Hurricanes - "END TIMES!!"

Earthquakes - "END TIMES!!!"

War - "END TIMES!!!!"

Drought - "END TIMES!!!!!"

Disease outbreaks - "END TIMES!!!!!!"

Stock Market dips - "END TIMES!!!!!!!"

Being told to MYODB and leave other people alone - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!"

Expanding acceptance of gays - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!!"

Other various minuta that normal people don't give a flying fuck about - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!!!"

:ugh: Don't you ever stop to consider how stupid you make yourselves look whenever you're running around like a headless chicken, screaming that the sky is falling and we all must "REPENT REPENT REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFGBBQ!!!111!1!1!oneoneeleven!!" ?

You know, I was never really convinced of Christianity being true. And you know what, I will NEVER, EVER, ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY, POSIFUCKINGTIVELY submit to Christianity before it is RIGOUROUSLY PROVEN.

Everything's a fear a dollar for the end timers.

Waves crashes, they want you to be scared.

Earthquakes shakes, they wish you were sober to the point of nothingness.

Rapists run around, they want you to be submitting.

Everything's a dollar a phobia with these fundamentalists.

Guest acorn
Firstly, do you know that it has been the Last Days for 2000 years now. How much longer do you, as a Christian, believe it will be the last days?

Secondly, are you implying that God's power is limited? He cannot show himself if he does not know someone? Doesn't he know everyone?

He does know us all, but He cant know us in a relationship spiritually if we dont beleive He is even real. So, this is my scripture regarding your comment.

Luke 13:27-28

27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.(KJV)

He does know us all, but He cant know us in a relationship spiritually if we dont beleive He is even real. So, this is my scripture regarding your comment.

Luke 13:27-28

27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.(KJV)

...You do realize that throwing Scripture at people who have read said Scripture - and found it lacking - doesn't say much for your intelligence... don't you?

Guest acorn
You know, I was never really convinced of Christianity being true. And you know what, I will NEVER, EVER, ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY, POSIFUCKINGTIVELY submit to Christianity before it is RIGOUROUSLY PROVEN.

:Hmm:

Thats the whole point of everything in the Bible, Khan. Have you read it ?

Rev 15:4

4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

(KJV)

Guest acorn

Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

(KJV)

Correct, Its useless if you dont believe!But this is my reasoning anyhow...^

Oh, goody. "Chicken Little" syndrome :Wendywhatever:

Good grief, will you dim bulbs EVER stop screaming about the "END TIMES!!!!!" every time something even remotely bad happens?

Tornados - "END TIMES!"

Hurricanes - "END TIMES!!"

Earthquakes - "END TIMES!!!"

War - "END TIMES!!!!"

Drought - "END TIMES!!!!!"

Disease outbreaks - "END TIMES!!!!!!"

Stock Market dips - "END TIMES!!!!!!!"

Being told to MYODB and leave other people alone - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!"

Expanding acceptance of gays - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!!"

Other various minuta that normal people don't give a flying fuck about - "END TIMES!!!!!!!!!!"

:ugh: Don't you ever stop to consider how stupid you make yourselves look whenever you're running around like a headless chicken, screaming that the sky is falling and we all must "REPENT REPENT REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMFGBBQ!!!111!1!1!oneoneeleven!!" ?

Guest acorn

Matt 24:7-9

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.(KJV)

Everything's a fear a dollar for the end timers.

Waves crashes, they want you to be scared.

Earthquakes shakes, they wish you were sober to the point of nothingness.

Rapists run around, they want you be submitting.

Everything's a dollar a phobia with these fundamentalists.

Guest acorn

Thank you for your comments, this is my reasoning

Matt 24:36

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.(KJV)

Matt 25:13

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

(KJV)

I think we call this the Fallacy of Moving the Goal Posts don't we?

The 7th Day adventists during the Civil War thought for sure, Jesus was coming and started as The Millerite Movement. When the end didn't come, they changed their name. Market to a whole new generation.

Anyway, they got it wrong. So do you.

And all this wonderful post of yours is tantamount to scare tactics.

Acorn, Why did you quote my comment?

So...are you 'acorn' because you're a nut?

:grin:

sorry...couldn't resist...

However...as has been mentioned...most people here are EX-christians...thus the name of the site....so yes, we've read the book, know the verses, and are intimately familiar with the MAN-MADE theologies contained within.

I actually know more about christianity NOW then I did in my 30 years as a Christian...so, while those verses may scare you...they just sound like the silly babblings of a simple people to me...

Again with the bible verses. Can you at least respond to what others are saying to you? Can you reply to specific question?

This is what I asked you.

I have read the bible, all the way through. I know what it says. So does everyone else here. This is EXChristian.net. It is not NEVERWASChristian.net. Get it?

Big woop about those wars and rumors of wars and diseases and famine. That shit been going on since before the bible was even penned. Big difference now is global media where every little thing that happens is instantly broadcast around the world. Access to more information about these disasters does not equate to more occurances of said events.

People are rarely banned on here. I wouldn't think it out of place for Acorn to become one of the few. For starters, the weird color and size fonts - what's with that? Quoting scripture - like we don't still have our own Bibles stashed away under the kitchen sink behind the vodka bottles? Acorn, don't waste my time.