Goodbye Jesus

Who knows God

Guest acorn

To answer this question I must tell you that I dont even know who these poeple are but I do have an answer, Have any of the other Gods in any religion, Rose from the dead, or claimed to have rose from the dead

Oh sure. Osiris, the Egyptian God died and then came back to life, and then rose into the Egyptian equivelent of heaven. He was murdered, dismembered and his body parts scattered, and then they were put back together and he was rejuvenated. Then he became the one to judge the souls of the dead and also give his followers eternal life. Sound familiar?

Another Egyptian God, Horus, died and rose from the dead.

So did the Sun God, Mithra.

So did the God Krishna.

So did the Greek God Dionysius.

So did the Summarian Goddess, Inanna.

So did a handful of Celtic Gods (Lugh, Arawn, etc.)

So did the Norse God Odin.

Anyone remember Gilgamesh? He came back from the underworld as well.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Surely you can't sit there and tell me your religion is at all unique with a straight face.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• quicksand

• Japedo

• chefranden

Why dont you go out and do whatever you want, rob a store, murder, beat people up in the street whatever, because you fear to go to jail.

Actually, I don't do these things because I find them distasteful and wrong. Why do you automatically assume that "whatever we want" is going to be a bad thing, a crime? Why wouldn't we want to be nice to people or chain some daisies or pet some kittens?

I have never "wanted" to rob a store, murder someone, or beat up people in the street. I would not do so even if all laws were terminated tomorrow. That you think you, and everyone else, would speaks volumes about your twisted state of mind.

Heres what i say, go ahead and be smart, and Ill be faithful to God. Knowledge is what we know , but wisdom is how we apply that knowledge.

If so, then given the amount of knowledge that you obviously don't command, I'd say that whatever wisdom you may have is of extraordinarily limited use.

Of course Acorn can say it with a straight face becuase Acorn is ignorant of history. He probably actually belives the crap the preacher spews about Christ being the only one thats ever done it.

Yaowww!

I guess you could say fried, baked, poached, broiled, barbequed, toasted, roasted, mesquited, microwaved, flame-broiled, boiled, twice-baked, wokked, steamed, and smoked.

Glad I am not Acorn.

Poor guy.

Acorn,

Mathew just offered some points of real substance for you to try to answer.  You are capable of your own thoughts, aren't you?  BTW, don't delude yourself into thinking that by quoting bible versus, it somehow releases the power of God to convince our spirits - that we're not arguing with you, but it's with the word of God!!!  (I've known plenty of other religious "acorns" like you in my past life)

Indeed so,

I have seen his "reply" and it's a non-answer. When I have some more free time I will make a more detailed reply to what he has written. Suffice to say that it didn't answer my questions at all.

Matthew

A healthy fear of God is the only "treat" that I have have. Im not any type theologist or anything like that just a simple guy that has learned the bible in about 5 mths. Before that I knew that genesis was the first book and thats about it. No, not threatened by anything of this world. Yes, I have a healthy fear of God, as every true Christian should, if not then we would all be unbelievers and do what ever we wanted

It is too bad you are not perfected in love.

God is love. Anyone who leads a life of love shows that he is joined to God. And God is joined to him. 17So love is made complete among us. We will be bold on the day God judges us. That's because in this world we love as Jesus did. 18There is no fear in love. Instead, perfect love drives fear away. Fear has to do with being punished. The one who fears does not have perfect love.

Fear of a non-existent being is hardly healthy.

Guest acorn
It is too bad you are not perfected in love.

God is love. Anyone who leads a life of love shows that he is joined to God. And God is joined to him.   17So love is made complete among us. We will be bold on the day God judges us. That's because in this world we love as Jesus did.   18There is no fear in love. Instead, perfect love drives fear away. Fear has to do with being punished. The one who fears does not have perfect love.

Fear of a non-existent being is hardly healty.

Actually, that is all I talk about, so ask first before impling a "niche" to me, and yes, fear is a vital to the following of Christianity. I would give scripture, but I have been told more time than I can count Not to here. Pm me if you want them.

you can go f%ck yourself.  :nono:

I like the moral spelling of Fuck.

Guest acorn
Of course Acorn can say it with a straight face becuase Acorn is ignorant of history.  He probably actually belives the crap the preacher spews about Christ being the only one thats ever done it.

Pretty bold statement from someone that has no clue of who I am. I probualy have more friends and collegues that dont believe in the "bible" god than you. Yes, I do listen to the preacher and many others, and just like you sit on this computer and communicate with every on here so do we. In actuality, we often communicate the same principles of Christianity. Oh, maybe you think Im a sitter, listener, Amen brother!!!, Preach on brother!!!. Sorry, wrong guy.

Do you fear being homeless, not paying the bills, losing your family. If you say no then really your not being truthful,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we dont work just to be happy and pay the bills, we work because we fear we might not have the things we want, pay the bills . ..Fear is everywhere its what keeps us in tune.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why dont you go out and do whatever you want, rob a store, murder, beat people up in the street whatever, because you fear to go to jail. fear is a esential to being in tune to God,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that to a believer that is happy go lucky too. It drives discpline and isnt that the whole point of the children of israel?

No I don't fear these things, and I am being truthful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then I'm glad your ascared. If you can't be nice without being afraid someone will smash your face, then I'd just as soon you stay ascared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, I don't want to do these things, especially killing people. I've done that and it is not very much fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If fear was supposed to make the children of Israel nice it didn't work, did it? You'd think that the almighty god could think something up that worked.

Actually, that is all I talk about, so ask first before impling a "niche" to me, and yes, fear is a vital to the following of Christianity. I would give scripture, but I have been told more time than I can count Not to here. Pm me if you want them.

Mr/Ms. Acorn,

Actually it would be nice to know what you are talking about, a thing not always easy to discern. Are you saying that all you talk about is that perfect love casts out fear?

You need not worry about giving me scripture. Even with 5 months of study under your belt, you still need a couple of decades to catch up with me. Don't let my handle fool you.

I'm quite aware that fear is necessary for the matainence of your religion. Tyrany always does require fear, and the Holy Mafia Don in the Sky is no exception.

You were castigated for just posting scripture, without any reason why you were posting it. If you go back through the posts you may notice that I didn't fault you for it, even though it seemed rather like an attempt to wave a magic wand to me.

chef

PS I really don't need your permission to reply to any of your posts. Don't expect any such requests.

Pretty bold statement from someone that has no clue of who I am. I probualy have more friends and collegues that dont believe in the "bible" god than you. Yes, I do listen to the preacher and many others, and just like you sit on this computer and communicate with every on here so do we. In actuality, we often communicate the same principles of Christianity. Oh, maybe you think Im a sitter, listener, Amen brother!!!, Preach on brother!!!. Sorry, wrong guy.

Your the one that actually had to ask if other religions had someone returning from the dead. Your god-man is nothing more than a poor copy of older gods. And I've sat in enough sermons and heard enough preachers that make the bold statement that thier Christ was the only one to come back from the dead. So they were lying or were just as ignorant as you to history.

You seem to have good knowledge of the bible and its sayings, concerning Jesus. So, yes Jesus said alot, but He said alot to the people of that generation and to the people of this generation.

Not so fast Khemosabi. Everthing pertinent to what you quoted and I elaborated on in terms of signs be given only applies to "this generation". The Greek word is "genera" which means the contemporaneous generation of which Jesus is addressing. Nothing in Mark, Matthew, or in the Olivet Discourse can possibly apply to our generation.

Jesus was the Son of God, so he knew your name already and He was sent here for all mankind, even us today. Knowing the word so well, you should know when some of the disciples questoned Him and even fled from Him. He spoke more unclear to them really than to us, but He spoke for every person that will ever live .

And you know this....(how?) The fact of the matter was that the question of signs being given only applies to Jesus' generation, not ours. I want to know if no sign would be given to that generation period. Or if Jesus was going to allow for the Sign of Jonah to be the sole exception or if Jesus was going to allow for the Sign of the Son of Man to be an exception as well, in addition to the Sign of Jonah.

He also gave different sign statements at different types of questions, the answer regarding jonah was to the pharisees at that time the remarks of the signs later were to the disciples when they questioned "what will it be like" what will we see" etc.. He said those things in accordance to revelations.

If that's true then Jesus lied. If Jesus said, to his Jewish critics, that no sign would be given to the adulterous generation and then says that signs will be given to his generation in the Olivet Discourse than either Jesus lied to his critics or lied to his disciples, or the poor soul is horribly confused and changes his mind very frequently- a horrible problem for God incarnate.

My question to you is , knowing all you know about the bible, do you believe Jesus was just being a biggamist when he said I AM or was He really the Son of God?

Jesus was just being a what? What is a "biggamist"? You might wish to do yourself a favor and brush up on your grammar. Your reply is quite incoherent and I consider myself fortunate to understand what I could. I don't know what word you were trying to ask me if Jesus was when he said "I AM".

Matthew

Damn...Jesus was married to more than one woman? Must have been in the parts of the bible that was cut out....

Matthew, I think that Acorn is worried that you think Jesus had 2 wives. I think that Acorn thinks that you think that Jesus said I am a bigamist rather than I am the son of god. Of course we know that the son of god wouldn't be a mere bi-gamist since God owns all the women on a thousand hills. He would be an n^n-gamist if he were the son of god. Therefore if you think that Jesus was a bigamist, you don't think that he is the son of god.

Well, you do have all these pervs wanting to be "Brides of Christ".

Matthew, I think that Acorn is worried that you think Jesus had 2 wives.  I think that Acorn thinks that you think that Jesus said I am a bigamist rather than I am the son of god.  Of course we know that the son of god wouldn't be a mere bi-gamist since God owns all the women on a thousand hills.  He would be an n^n-gamist if he were the son of god.  Therefore if you think that Jesus was a bigamist, you don't think that he is the son of god.

Chef,

I guess so. I am not sure why he would ask if I thought Jesus was married. I don't even see the pertinence of the question of Jesus' marriage seeing that I never brought it up. I doubt Jesus was married- but then again, who knows??

Matthew

Chef,

I guess so. I am not sure why he would ask if I thought Jesus was married. I don't even see the pertinence of the question of Jesus' marriage seeing that I never brought it up. I doubt Jesus was married- but then again, who knows??

Matthew

Maybe he was secretly married to one of his male friends? They sure all hung out together a lot and had some disdain for women.

Guest Challenger
To answer this question I must tell you that I dont even know who these poeple are but I do have an answer, Have any of the other Gods in any religion, Rose from the dead, or claimed to have rose from the dead

2 Kings 13:21: "And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet"

Not a god, but definitely a pre-Christ resurrection.

Acts 26:23  "That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles".

Guest acorn
Not a god, but definitely a pre-Christ resurrection.

Elisha received the blessing from Elijah, it never said he rose from the grave, Elijah was taken to heaven and gave the blessing to elisha who also witnessed this event.

Acorn, remember incomphersibilty makes madness.

Guest acorn
Not so fast Khemosabi. Everthing pertinent to what you quoted and I elaborated on in terms of signs be given only applies to "this generation". The Greek word is "genera" which means the contemporaneous generation of which Jesus is addressing. Nothing in Mark, Matthew, or in the Olivet Discourse can possibly apply to our generation. 

Alot of people, even the some of the church believe that this was in reference to that generation , mainly because of the reference to the destruction of the temple. I believe different based on the comparison of revelations 

And you know this....(how?) The fact of the matter was that the question of signs being given only applies to Jesus' generation, not ours. I want to know if no sign would be given to that generation period. Or if Jesus was going to allow for the Sign of Jonah to be the sole exception or if Jesus was going to allow for the Sign of the Son of Man to be an exception as well, in addition to the Sign of Jonah.

The signs that jesus gave in the gospels are directly related to the more detail signs given in revelations, this is where I believe that all the knowledge about the translations and original meaning of the text is very deceiving to the current Christian community as well as the former believers that rely on these meanings. 

If that's true then Jesus lied. If Jesus said, to his Jewish critics, that no sign would be given to the adulterous generation and then says that signs will be given to his generation in the Olivet Discourse than either Jesus lied to his critics or lied to his disciples, or the poor soul is horribly confused and changes his mind very frequently- a horrible problem for God incarnate.

Well, heres the bottom line about assumption of the difference in speech. How would you have done it? How would you have said all these things in perfect allignment to time and relevance, to speak to people 2000 years later, then?

Jesus was just being a what? What is a "biggamist"? You might wish to do yourself a favor and brush up on your grammar. Your reply is quite incoherent and I consider myself fortunate to understand what I could. I don't know what word you were trying to ask me if Jesus was when he said "I AM".

LOL. i suck at spelling and words in general, I meant cocky, irragant, self motivated, etc....as for the I AM, this was the reply that he gave the pharisses, I can give scripture if you want, PM me.

Matthew

Im not any type theologist or anything like that just a simple guy that has learned the bible in about 5 mths. Before that I knew that genesis was the first book and thats about it.

Ahh, :twitch: 5 months and you "believe" you have most of the answers? Many People here are escaping a large majority of their lifetime from the Cults, and "knowing" the bible inside and out, Yet you admit here you've only studied the bible for 5 months and want to win us over? LOL

Tell you what, Why don't you trace back your "religion" I'm not talking about jeezuses "Birth" either. What ever Church you belong to, when was it founded, what sect did it break off of, keep going backwards until you get to the founding of it.

Then Study Jewish Law and ideology of which Christianity claims they adopted. Now you will have to remove your Jesus glasses in order to do this exercise Honestly. B) Founders of Christianity were pagans, and oddly enough brought all their "SUN-God/ son god beliefs with them. Nothing new Under the sun indeed.

It's a joke, you've been had.

Btw, didja know they had a special on the history Channel on the Vatican, Know what's down deep below? It was built on an old pagan cemetery. Founder of all Christianity is Rome. Open your eyes, Truth is in front of ya. :jesus: