Goodbye Jesus

Bible Times.

White Mountain Jack

When I watch the movie "Troy" or other movies of that time, all I can think about is " can't Christians see that their view of a god is a mirror version of how people looked at kings at that time"?

If you did not bow to the king or do as he said,,,off with your head etc.....

To me it is so obvious that it puzzles me, that these guys that act so smart can't see it...or won't....

Anyone here ever think the way I do on the subject?

Thanks

WMJ

Welcome to the site WMJ. I agree with you in that bible god shows many signs of being a human invention.

Welcome to the site WMJ. I agree with you in that bible god shows many signs of being a human invention.

Thanks...I just don't understand how "believers" don't or can't see it..???Wendyshrug.gif

Guest I Love Dog

When I watch the movie "Troy" or other movies of that time, all I can think about is " can't Christians see that their view of a god is a mirror version of how people looked at kings at that time"?

If you did not bow to the king or do as he said,,,off with your head etc.....

To me it is so obvious that it puzzles me, that these guys that act so smart can't see it...or won't....

Anyone here ever think the way I do on the subject?

Thanks

WMJ

It was the RCC who had the power of Christianity, they even ruled royalty!. They ruled the Empire. You no believe, you die.

U.K. had a better idea, dump the RCC.

You too? We went over to a friend's house (who are Christians) to watch "Percy and the Lightning Thief." I sat there thinking, "Hell, this is out of the Bible!"

You too? We went over to a friend's house (who are Christians) to watch "Percy and the Lightning Thief." I sat there thinking, "Hell, this is out of the Bible!"

That is cool stuff. I came across a book called "The Human Faces of God" while going through this forum.

This dude tells it like it is which I find really cool.. He is still a Christian which I kinda find confusing but didn't close his eyes to the fact that the bible is in fact a human product. I like it that he says that the bible is more of a mirror to humanity than a mirror of god...

Cool stuff.

Take care!