Goodbye Jesus

Christians Are People Hiding From The Real World

chosendarkness

That really hits home! I always wondered why God didn't make me more responsible. Now that I realize I have full responsibility for my life, things are coming together. When I screw up, I get back up and try again. No more begging God to make me a better person. I see these qualities in some Christians I know. It's frustrating.

I'm also sick of hearing how much of our everyday life is owed to God or His will. Can you imagine how much better our society would be if we all relied on ourselves and were able to take credit for our accomplishments instead of giving it to some non existent God?

It would be some kind of utopia. The cost of medical care go down because would take care of their bodies. We'd be wealthy, and the next logical step would be to give an opportunity for others to take responsibility for themselves. so there would be no poverty or starvation. Depression would be almost non-existent because of our high self esteem..

This is dreadfully wrong. There are plenty of poor, sick, self destructive atheists. A lot of people are poor and/or homeless due to mental illness or disabilities. In other countries, environmental situations are, in part, to blame. Furthermore, depression isn't caused by a lack of self esteem.

Holy capoly! Can I ever relate to this topic. I also took the course,"the search for significance''. I remember being so excited that this would probable take away my depression. I had so much hope.I attended everything the church had to offer. I lived at the church. I also was told that I didn't really accept the lord. I ended up accepting the lord more than anybody I knew. They told me that Satan really had his hands on me . They prayed over me. I remember one time - someone yelled in my ears soooooooo loud: ''Satan, come out of her''. I did the 'faint' thing, but really it scared the shit out of me. They also told me that 'I was on the fence' and god spewed out people like that!

I left the church and went to the liquor store and stayed drunk for 8 years and ruined my life. It's taken 20 years to get where I'm at right now. (Things are much better) I actually went back to the church after this!! (on and off for many years) :shrug:

I remember reading a book one time called,' The Magnificent Addiction'. It was really good. The religious addiction was part of it. The bottom line from the author was that we are all addicted people - we like pleasure rather than pain - The trick was to find 'an addiction' that wouldn't interfere or hurt your life in any way. It was a good read.

This forum is my addiction right now. I love you guys! :D

Holy capoly! Can I ever relate to this topic. I also took the course,"the search for significance''. I remember being so excited that this would probable take away my depression. I had so much hope.I attended everything the church had to offer. I lived at the church. I also was told that I didn't really accept the lord. I ended up accepting the lord more than anybody I knew. They told me that Satan really had his hands on me . They prayed over me. I remember one time - someone yelled in my ears soooooooo loud: ''Satan, come out of her''. I did the 'faint' thing, but really it scared the shit out of me. They also told me that 'I was on the fence' and god spewed out people like that!

I left the church and went to the liquor store and stayed drunk for 8 years and ruined my life. It's taken 20 years to get where I'm at right now. (Things are much better) I actually went back to the church after this!! (on and off for many years) :shrug:

I remember reading a book one time called,' The Magnificent Addiction'. It was really good. The religious addiction was part of it. The bottom line from the author was that we are all addicted people - we like pleasure rather than pain - The trick was to find 'an addiction' that wouldn't interfere or hurt your life in any way. It was a good read.

This forum is my addiction right now. I love you guys! :D

That almost exactly describes my experience. They cast demons out of me because I had dabbled in new age or whatever bullshit. It seemed so real that gods and spirits were interacting in my life. When I started questioning my church's charismatic practices I remember saying it was like african voodoo rituals.

I was right, I found out there are millions of people in the world that believe witches live in the woods and curse people, it's the original 'This present darkness'. I needed help and that's what came into my life, I was probably wired through genes and my difficult childhood to accept such a thing, plus I was confused teen. It's not all bad though, at least I survived unlike some I knew.

I lived in my own little Christian bubble. Mainly Christian friends. No debates with non-christians. It wasn't until the Internet came along and I was faced with non-Christian arguments that I started to get wise.

If you want to see people hiding from the real world, you should see my sister. She has nine kids, all home schooled and their house is like some little religious cult. When her kids leave the nest they are going to be in for a nasty shock when they find out that not everyone is sharing and caring. Not everyone cares about your feelings and wants to make sure you get treated equally. Sadly though, they will be so soundly indoctronated, they might have a lot of trouble breaking free from the Christian delusion.

This is dreadfully wrong. There are plenty of poor, sick, self destructive atheists. A lot of people are poor and/or homeless due to mental illness or disabilities. In other countries, environmental situations are, in part, to blame. Furthermore, depression isn't caused by a lack of self esteem.

I couldn't give two shits. All I know is I have to take responsibility for my life. I hope if I get mental illness or disability that I don't roll over and die like a pussy.

I couldn't give two shits. All I know is I have to take responsibility for my life. I hope if I get mental illness or disability that I don't roll over and die like a pussy.

Well your compassion and understanding of mental illness already has, how old are you, 12?

Well your compassion and understanding of mental illness already has, how old are you, 12?

Yeah

Research newest developments, write a book, get off my ass.

I was thinking of something else. If I remember correctly I didn't jive with the significance book because it probably wasn't charismatic enough for me at the time. I was pretty into charismatic beliefs, I felt the most comfortable there because the people were as fucked up as I was. Now I'm noticing I feel more comfortable around 'healthier' people, before they seemed like strange foreigners.

I know what you mean. I was in Pentecostal/Charismatic circles and the whole bat-shit manic-depressive emotional roller coaster aspect of it did a number on me, but to me that was how it was supposed to be. There was this trite saying: "life has its ups and downs" *move your hand up and down a little bit, like a car going through gentle hill country* "but as a Christian we have life abundantly" *violently move your hand up and down like a Six Flags roller coaster*. Fuck that, I'll take life without the artificial manic depression.

Sadly though, they will be so soundly indoctronated, they might have a lot of trouble breaking free from the Christian delusion.

I feel bad for people that I see who are obviously unhappy in their fucked-up religion but can't escape because they've been so deeply rooted in it. It's like being in a prison. It's safe for them even though it's miserable and the world outside the cell seems like darkness. The fear controls their lives. I've seen a lot of people like that who went to the liberal christian side, it's just a nicer cell.

*violently move your hand up and down like a Six Flags roller coaster*.

Are you serious did they really say that? The one thing I really regret is not 'sinning' with one of those mental charismatic chicks. Talk about some hot, sinful sex. Jesus fucking Christ that would have been hot! For sure would have been crying my eyes out later.

I've seen a lot of people like that who went to the liberal christian side, it's just a nicer cell.

Well, if they can fuck who they like and don't have to sweat the whole hell thing, I'd say it's a cell with an open door. I can concede that much to the harmless, cutesy, watered down versions of Christianity.

Are you serious did they really say that?

Yep. As if the wild bipolar headfuck swings of hardcore fundie charismatic Christianity were a good thing.

The one thing I really regret is not 'sinning' with one of those mental charismatic chicks. Talk about some hot, sinful sex. Jesus fucking Christ that would have been hot! For sure would have been crying my eyes out later.

Good gawd you are so fucking right, I could not agree more! I'm just imagining one of those crazy little minxes bouncing on my balls screaming "Oh Lord Jesus oh Hallelujah Glory!!!!!!!" :HaHa: