Goodbye Jesus

Creation Makes A Liar Of Jehovah

foolish girl

So, There is no God............. At least not the one in the bible.

1. He made the world.
  2. put us in it.
  3. We sinned.
  4. That was "the Fall".

Stop me if I get anything wrong here.

So there was no death before sin.

Lions ate apples and leaves n stuff like that.

.........ok.................

So God's Perfect plan is to have adam and eve and all the critters live forever. No cancer, no Murder. Right?

And everything is created and in place, and it is good.

..............................................then sin.

Then death. Hunting...disease...............

But what about winter?

Winter was going to happen anyway. It is the course that the earth was on.

So what about winter? Cold... death. Even if you accept the theory that there wasn't any rain- just a canopy. Cold still kills. Lack of sunlight kills trees and vegetation....what of all the HERBIVORES?

Either he knew/wanted sin to happen.......or the story is bullshit.

Not to mention

1. creating Lucifer,
  2. casting him out,
  3. ALLOWING him to tempt Eve (not to mention Job later on!)............
  4. and CREATING Hell...
  5. then sending us there, like "Oh it hurts me more than it hurts you.

how did I ever believe this crap?

• Like 1

... how did I ever believe this crap?

I've asked myself that question regularly for 25 years. It is truly scary when one realizes just what their brain is capable of convincing them of and how helpless they have the potential to be.

It is amazing that humans have such a capacity for self delusion to believe in such absurdities, and yet, we do all the time.

to be fair, i dont know about these funny stuff before i believe. someone convinced that i am a sinner who requires redemption.

these other ridiculous claims came in a package later and have to be accepted in faith.

it takes a hell lot longer to get out of faith than to get in.

Guest I Love Dog

to be fair, i dont know about these funny stuff before i believe. someone convinced that i am a sinner who requires redemption.

these other ridiculous claims came in a package later and have to be accepted in faith.

it takes a hell lot longer to get out of faith than to get in.

It's true. We are all born without a belief in a god or gods and would stay in pure innocence if it wasn't for the self-delusional people that brainwash us.

We would never learn to hate ourselves for being disgusting sinners that need to be "saved" through the worship and adoration of an invisible being who would damn us to eternal agony if we didn't.

My husband and I had o have a talk recently about his bad behavior on Sunday...feelings, blah blah blah. You guys know the drill. In order to show him that my disbelief was well founded I decided to tell him a story. We were laying in bed talking.

I started "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis, ending with the concept of god creating everything, knowing everything and how we are set up for failure.

Then I told him "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis...but what if they HADN'T sinned?! Just lived and procreated and "filled the earth". People who live, like 900 years- filling the earth, untill there is no room for anyone. We were set up for failure. God did not intend for anyone to resist the temptation. It just isn't practical.

Then I told him "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis...only nobody sins. They fill the earth (at a lesser rate than we would have imagined, because in the last scenario he imagined that the rate of reproduction may have had 'different' rules then...maybe there wouldn't be as MANY as I had just imagined....) So ANYWAY...nobody sins...and they get a *little* crowded and move out of eden and around the globe a bit. Everyone eats plants. This winter time thing happens. Planst die.. people and animals have less to eat. They die.

"Well" I am told" You cannot know how it worked then. If eve could have children without pain, then Winter could come and go without death."............................................................:twitch:

It was good that we talked in the dark, I could make faces there without escalating to a fight...very helpful!

So the end of the story as you all know, is that you can't reason with a Christian. Magic beats everything. :(

It is amazing that humans have such a capacity for self delusion to believe in such absurdities, and yet, we do all the time.

You know what...

Sometimes people try to make an attempt of making a distinction between humans and animals, and perhaps this is the one thing that we might be truly alone of being able to do. I'm not sure if any animal could create self-delusions besides us.

And why would god put all those dinosaur bones and other fossils in the ground? If the earth is only 6K years old, and he intentionally put dinosaur bones in the ground, he intentionally tried to deceive us into thinking the earth is older than it is. If the buybull god is real and the buybull is his inerrant word, then god is a liar for creating evidence to the contrary.

They would say the garden of eden was perfect, and then your left with nothing, you would have a winter that wouldn't harm.

And Adam and Eve looked like Australopithecus afarensis.

294px-A.afarensis.jpg

Eve ;)

(Image source: Wikipedia)

Oh! I have a new idea!

When Adam and Eve discovered they were naked, it was when they lost the fur!!! When they ate the fruit, they got smart and lost the fur. So Adam and Eve were really the transitional form (one and the same) between Australopithecus and Homo erectus, just by a bite of a fruit. :HaHa: Maybe the fruit was radioactive?

Seems Reasonable enough OUR.

Monkey, I have brought up that argument before. Every time actually. The other night he said that I was basing my conclusions on the evidence that I see right now, but I CAN'T know that things haven't changed. Maybe it wasn't always this way. Like continental drift. Maybe it happened at a faster rate before. :shrug:

We talked about geology once. At the end of that conversation I told him, if God set it up to LOOK like one thing when another is true, then that is dishonest and unfair. It doesn't seem reasonable to believe.

You guys might know by now that I just don't have enough faith.

I'll try to manage.

:Wendywhatever:

Seems Reasonable enough OUR.

Monkey, I have brought up that argument before. Every time actually. The other night he said that I was basing my conclusions on the evidence that I see right now, but I CAN'T know that things haven't changed. Maybe it wasn't always this way. Like continental drift. Maybe it happened at a faster rate before. :shrug:

We talked about geology once. At the end of that conversation I told him, if God set it up to LOOK like one thing when another is true, then that is dishonest and unfair. It doesn't seem reasonable to believe.

You guys might know by now that I just don't have enough faith.

I'll try to manage.

:Wendywhatever:

His arguments sound a lot like what I told myself for years, especially the continental drift thing. I remember when I learned about that in school, I was like "no, no, no, that can't be right". I was so frustrated that the evidence against god (at least buybull god anyway) made so much fucking sense.

HEY! I put this post here so Christians could talk about it.

Where are they?

They would say the garden of eden was perfect, and then your left with nothing, you would have a winter that wouldn't harm.

post-324-0-96281900-1294938452_thumb.jpg

Eve ;)

Oh! I have a new idea!

When Adam and Eve discovered they were naked, it was when they lost the fur!!! When they ate the fruit, they got smart and lost the fur. So Adam and Eve were really the transitional form (one and the same) between Australopithecus and Homo erectus, just by a bite of a fruit. :HaHa: Maybe the fruit was radioactive?

She is HOT by the way.

But the kind of thinking you did up there, about eating the fruit/gaining knowledge/seeing the nakedness=loosing the fur....is exactly the kinds of things I came up with when I was a Christian. Anything to make it all work.

Guest Valk0010

post-324-0-96281900-1294938452_thumb.jpg

Eve ;)

Oh! I have a new idea!

You can only defend stupid for so long, now I can't defend stupid. :P

(Though in all seriousness, I was just bringing up the biggest christian objected to what fg said.)

Where are they?

Waiting for divine inspiration to defeat the evil doers in league with Satan.

Where are they?

Waiting for divine inspiration to defeat the evil doers in league with Satan.

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh.

right.

• 4 weeks later...

359 views and not one Christian response.

My husband and I had o have a talk recently about his bad behavior on Sunday...feelings, blah blah blah. You guys know the drill. In order to show him that my disbelief was well founded I decided to tell him a story. We were laying in bed talking.

I started "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis, ending with the concept of god creating everything, knowing everything and how we are set up for failure.

Then I told him "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis...but what if they HADN'T sinned?! Just lived and procreated and "filled the earth". People who live, like 900 years- filling the earth, untill there is no room for anyone. We were set up for failure. God did not intend for anyone to resist the temptation. It just isn't practical.

Then I told him "In the beginning".....and told him the story of genesis...only nobody sins. They fill the earth (at a lesser rate than we would have imagined, because in the last scenario he imagined that the rate of reproduction may have had 'different' rules then...maybe there wouldn't be as MANY as I had just imagined....) So ANYWAY...nobody sins...and they get a *little* crowded and move out of eden and around the globe a bit. Everyone eats plants. This winter time thing happens. Planst die.. people and animals have less to eat. They die.

"Well" I am told" You cannot know how it worked then. If eve could have children without pain, then Winter could come and go without death."............................................................:twitch:

It was good that we talked in the dark, I could make faces there without escalating to a fight...very helpful!

So the end of the story as you all know, is that you can't reason with a Christian. Magic beats everything. :(

My feeling is they don't want us to be right, because it will 'smash' everything that they have always believed in. I was this way myself when somebody talked to me. I defended to the end. But I always knew deep down inside .......... but I was adamant, that I would NOT give up my belief in bible God because If I did - - - -I would be lost - - - - like I am right now - - - and have to feel the pain of reality and 'deconverting'.

I am amazed at how well my husband is adapting to me - but I have been going VERY slow with him. It is so frustrating!!