Goodbye Jesus

Neale Donald Walse

Margee

Reason tells me there is no god.

God tells me there is no reason.

Why believe one over the other?

Wendyshrug.gif Noggy? Can you explain.. or did you just answer this above?

Since no one is allowed any opinion in this forum other than "that's lovely" I'm going to say Walsh is just lovely.

Did I avoid the red letter gods?

Oh what the hell. Grow up you nit. Reason, my ass. If you actually have something intelligent to say, you're welcome to it. Obviously you don't.

I read all of Walsh's books in my search for enlightenment, pre-atheist days. I have strong opinions about what Neil was trying to do, say, and accomplish. Not all of those opinions are favorable, or popular, but I have "reason" for forming them.

What is considered "intelligent" in this forum changes arbitrarily and I urge Margee to post this question in a less heavily patrolled forum for honest opinions from some of the less PC members.

Your house, your rules, I abide.

Par, I'd love to hear your opinions on Walsh! Can't we move this or start a new discussion somewhere? This post hasn't come up for months. I didn't bring it back!!! I wrote it one month after I joined the site. Didn't get much responce, so i knew it wasn't the most popular topic, but I would still love to hear some opinions on why some of you don't like him....this man who 'speaks' for god????????

God tells you there is no reason?

But to your question I ask you, why is it a question of what to believe?

One man thinks one thing and says it is reasonable. Another man thinks and says another. Who is right?

Both are. Neither are.

Both men think they are... even your most thought out conclusions might be different if you had experienced a different past.

This is correct. Again, why is it a question of what to believe? Is it a matter of 'being right'? Do you see my point yet?

God tells you there is no reason?

But to your question I ask you, why is it a question of what to believe?

One man thinks one thing and says it is reasonable. Another man thinks and says another. Who is right?

Both are. Neither are.

Both men think they are... even your most thought out conclusions might be different if you had experienced a different past.

This is correct. Again, why is it a question of what to believe? Is it a matter of 'being right'? Do you see my point yet?

I'd ask them that, my post was in response to the others :-)

Par, I'd love to hear your opinions on Walsh! Can't we move this or start a new discussion somewhere? This post hasn't come up for months. I didn't bring it back!!! I wrote it one month after I joined the site. Didn't get much responce, so i knew it wasn't the most popular topic, but I would still love to hear some opinions on why some of you don't like him....this man who 'speaks' for god????????

Margee, I can answer you here and stay within bounds, I think.

Walsh's golly-gee-whiz, George Burns/ Mr. Rodgers version of a god that didn't like the bum rap he was getting and decided to ghost write through a John Doe who just coincidentally had best sellers of them all might be 100 percent on the level.

My totally non-fact-based completely my own opinion is that it's not.

Red letter god's. I get this visual when I read that of my elementary school days, when my homework was returned to my desk, bearing proof the teacher made my paper blush repeatedly with red strokes. :P

And personally, I say Fuck political correctness! So on with it.

I like Walsh's take on god. I read his first Conversation book almost half way through, while browsing the spirituality section of a Borders Bookstore years ago.

I have, "The Journey" CD, which is narrated by Ed Asner and Ellen Burstyn, and reading select passages from CwG. And I have book 1 & 3 of CwG.

I think Walsh's take on god is far superior to what is fundamentally proffered as that supreme terrorist being in the OT. And I think if anyone is traumatized by their experiences in Christianity and are looking for a god they can make peace with, NDW affords a great opportunity to consider his version as just that.

I like the idea of a daily reminder such as what you shared, Margee. I'll have to sign up for my own dose. ;) It sounds a lot better than listening to the morning news from the TV room, as I ready the office for another days work. Can't beat that.