Goodbye Jesus

Religion At It's Ugliest.

MagickMonkey

I just watched the documentary National Geographic: Inside North Korea on Netflix. It is a amazing to watch how North Koreans worship their leader. In the documentary, an eye surgeon from Nepal spends 10 days in N Korea to do 1000 cataract surgeries. Many of the patients are in their 30's or younger. At the end of the documentary, when they remove their bandages, they thank their great general for restoring their site, despite the fact that the government's policies no doubt lead to their blindness. I guess we can give them credit for something. At least their god isn't completely imaginary.

Yeah, but why do gods always have to be sadistic and just so inhumane?

I guess the followers have to be knocked down in order to be thankful when their god lifts them up.

Guest Babylonian Dream

I guess so. But why not a happy God who is loving and kind, and accepting, why a cosmic asshole? If your down, he'll lift you up. If you're on good standing, he'll make things better. If your great, he'll make you greater. If you're going to create a deity, or try to be one, and be worshipped, you might as well do something to deserve it. :shrug:

I guess so. But why not a happy God who is loving and kind, and accepting, why a cosmic asshole? If your down, he'll lift you up. If you're on good standing, he'll make things better. If your great, he'll make you greater. If you're going to create a deity, or try to be one, and be worshipped, you might as well do something to deserve it. :shrug:

I guess such a personality doesn't need worship and would rather be called friend that god.

Talking strictly about religions, I guess it also has to do with meme survival. Strict religions memes are more likely to survive.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the documentary National Geographic: Inside North Korea on Netflix. It is a amazing to watch how North Koreans worship their leader. In the documentary, an eye surgeon from Nepal spends 10 days in N Korea to do 1000 cataract surgeries. Many of the patients are in their 30's or younger. At the end of the documentary, when they remove their bandages, they thank their great general for restoring their site, despite the fact that the government's policies no doubt lead to their blindness. I guess we can give them credit for something. At least their god isn't completely imaginary.

I have seen that documentary too and I'm glad that I'm not the only who noticed the similarities between North Korea and Christianity. There are some more North Korea on this website North Korea Documentaries If you are interested. (Just keep scrolling down until you see North Korea)

I have seen that documentary too and I'm glad that I'm not the only who noticed the similarities between North Korea and Christianity. There are some more North Korea on this website North Korea Documentaries If you are interested. (Just keep scrolling down until you see North Korea)

Cool, thx for the link.

I guess so. But why not a happy God who is loving and kind, and accepting, why a cosmic asshole?

Because if it is not all-powerful, it is not God. And if it is God, then a daily dose indicates that the way of things is not loving, kind, and accepting.