Goodbye Jesus

What's The Craziest/stupidest Thing You Did As A Christian

Thank God I'm Atheist

Bought a shirt and convention or something.. It was black JESUS written in big letters with a circle around in it then The rock that never rolls written around the Jesus. Actaully wore it to secular school a couple of time.

Got a friend to join my church, it was because of the girls but hey he joined.

Bought chrisitan music cause it was "safe".

Avoided horror movie becuase they were of Satan.

Critized other christians publicly because they ONLY came to chruch on Christmas and Easter. Therefore, lacked faith or some crap.

OMG.

I had one that had three circles on the front, the letters were a little hard to see and each circle had one word in it:" Focus on God"......of course the circles were right across my tits and you had to stare to read it :lmao:.

An atheist probably thought of that shirt!

:lmao::smile:

:lmao::smile::jesus:

I love this question because the answer is so obvious in my particular case and it covers a lot of ground---Turn the other cheek. Now I slap people even harder if they slap me (figuratively speaking). I allowed myself to be too much of a doormat for too many years and tried to show agape love to people who were thoroughly wicked and only saw it as permission to take advantage. Now I put them in their place. I think that is ultimately much more beneficial for them, as opposed to hoping they'll see the light through kindness and a lack of consequences, which they only interpreted as weakness. Call it tough love if you want to, but there is no affection involved. I don't let anyone pull any crap with me anymore. I have no desire to forgive sociopaths, narcissists, dirty rotten scoundrels, and people who have absolutely no remorse for the vicious things they do--people who run over everyone in their path without thinking twice. I no longer feel any guilt about getting angry when the situation calls for it. I now speak my mind and I'll even cuss people out when they deserve it (these are isolated cases and not the norm). My boundaries are much stronger now. With that said, my normal demeanor is very mild and I have no problem showing compassion to good-hearted people.

You go girl!! I agree 110%!!

I feel the exact same way! Nice, sweet Margee - gone forever - ha-ha-haaaaaaa! :fdevil:

I am sooooooooo embarrased - My first cousin has always been an atheist and I remember one night, sitting in the kitchen - trying sooooo hard to explain the story of Adam and Eve to him...............Oh my god when I think of that now....................:banghead:

This is actually really funny! lol!....if there was hope for us, then there is hope for others, right?!

:brutal_01:

In debating the merits of creationism I called the Galapagos islands, a anomaly.

"get out of him, you spirit of depression". i was trying to force the Spirit of Depression out of one of bible study group member with few pentecoastals folks. these guys were quoting the bible, speaking in tongues and the whole works. The poor guy was just sitting there and weeping.

That guy is still with the church i heard. Slit his wrist and committed to a mental institute and is now better.

Going with the flow of pentecostals to me are the funniest and comical part of my christian journey.

you guys ever to "cleanse" the house by rebuking the demons lurking in the kitchen? come to think of it, it was damn funny

Let's see

1.) Not walking out on that crazy asshole baptist preacher during chapel for fear of being expelled from school (the guy would preach crazy shit like you should sacrifice your kids and family to god if he asked).

2.) Trying to guilt trip my parents into taking me to church (thankfully we never went to church on Sundays we did something better we hung out and had brunch together.)

3.) Convincing my dad that evolution was false (still trying to fix that one).

4.) Conspired with my fundamentalist aunt and uncle to try and convert my awesome agnostic cousin who is one of the smartest people I know.

5.) Stopped masturbating for 2 years because it was bad to feel any kind of sexual pleasure.

6.) Bought christian books on dating 'pure'.

7.) Stopped learning anything that went against the Bible even though I LOVE learning and am a naturally curious person.

8.) Intended to register Republican when I turned 18 because good christians were republicans. (I turned 18 after I deconverted and am a proud Progressive)

Thankfully I never through away any good CDs or books. I have a hard time parting with music and literature.

5.) Stopped masturbating for 2 years because it was bad to feel any kind of sexual pleasure.

Reminds me that I had my first wet dream at 19 after not masturbating for about a year.

Blew an interview for a real good job by going off on some tangents.

Threw out a bunch of music that took me years to accumulate.

Passed up a chance to get laid.

Froze and blew off a girl that said she liked me.

Passed on some good dating opportunities.

Gave up hunting for a fall.

Gave up being myself for a number of years.

you guys ever to "cleanse" the house by rebuking the demons lurking in the kitchen? come to think of it, it was damn funny

Oh fuck.

That's like asking Carlos Hathcock if he's ever shot anybody.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh fuck.

That's like asking Carlos Hathcock if he's ever shot anybody.

"get out of him, you spirit of depression". i was trying to force the Spirit of Depression out of one of bible study group member with few pentecoastals folks. these guys were quoting the bible, speaking in tongues and the whole works. The poor guy was just sitting there and weeping.

That guy is still with the church i heard. Slit his wrist and committed to a mental institute and is now better.

Going with the flow of pentecostals to me are the funniest and comical part of my christian journey.

Pratt - you're too funny! I said the above saying quite a few times - only I used it on MYSELF! ''Get out of ME - You spirit of depression!!! :vent:

Tried to convince a pregnant friend in high school to give her 'baby up for adoption, convinced her abortion was not an option.

Argued with an atheist at work about stupid shit, poorly.

Got a large cross with the word Forgiven tattood on my back.

Defended tongues and miracles and my dads ministry CONSTANTLY

I went on a facebook page and publicly debated in favor of creationism and religious fundamentalism, even though I wasn't really a christian. I have no idea why I did this but I recently was able to delete it all.

Avoided horror movie becuase they were of Satan.

Oh, that too for me as well.

I actually only watched the Omen trilogy this week, even though they are more than 30 years old. 

I made my little girl feel bad for liking the Smurfs. They were of the devil, you know.

I still feel bad about that (and a lot of other stuff) I did/said as a dumb-ass xtian. :(

I still feel bad about that (and a lot of other stuff) I did/said as a dumb-ass xtian. :(

The important thing to remember is that at the time you thought that you were doing a good thing. Try to clean up any damage, but don't feel really bad because you had good intent.

Reminds me that I had my first wet dream at 19 after not masturbating for about a year.

In my xian heyday in my teens, I used to be quite prone to wet dreams for want of masturbating or (obviously) any other means of having an orgasm. I learned to force myself awake when I realized in my dream I was going to have an orgasm by asserting "No, No, NO! I REBUKE you Satan IN THE NAME OF JESUS!" I got pretty good at it. I couldn't always stop it, but sometimes I could nip it early enough. I also learned how to stop/prevent erections while awake. This kind of shit turned out to be REALLY stupid, because it left me impotent before I got out of my teens and I spent the next 20 years overcoming my sexual hang ups.

Tried to convince a pregnant friend in high school to give her 'baby up for adoption, convinced her abortion was not an option.

Argued with an atheist at work about stupid shit, poorly.

Got a large cross with the word Forgiven tattood on my back.

Defended tongues and miracles and my dads ministry CONSTANTLY

too bad about that tattoo, bro

too bad about that tattoo, bro

I'm so glad I never got any Christian tattoos. I remember being 17 and planning how I would just get covered up with them as soon as I was 18. Fortunately, I was dissuaded once I found out how much all that shit was gonna cost! I ended up never getting any.

• I let a homeless, crazy with a capital C, street preacher live in my driveway (in the back of a beat up old Datsun with a small camper shell) for a couple of years.
  • My friends and I went to the Mormon temple at night and bound the spirit of Moroni and other "demon" spirits of Mormonism. Afterward, we laughed hysterically because we really thought we put one over on the Mormons.
  • I "led to the lord" a gay guy who made a wildly inappropriate pass at me during a job interview.
  • I passed up sex with one of the hottest girls in my HS, who I was in love with at the time, because I wanted to wait for marriage.
  • I spent more than a few weekend nights downtown handing out tracts to people cruising main and bar hopping.

My best excuse? I was young and stupid. :o

Do I get a cookie? :P

• I let a homeless, crazy with a capital C, street preacher live in my driveway (in the back of a beat up old Datsun with a small camper shell) for a couple of years.
  • My friends and I went to the Mormon temple at night and bound the spirit of Moroni and other "demon" spirits of Mormonism. Afterward, we laughed hysterically because we really thought we put one over on the Mormons.
  • I "led to the lord" a gay guy who made a wildly inappropriate pass at me during a job interview.
  • I passed up sex with one of the hottest girls in my HS, who I was in love with at the time, because I wanted to wait for marriage.
  • I spent more than a few weekend nights downtown handing out tracts to people cruising main and bar hopping.

My best excuse? I was young and stupid. :o

Do I get a cookie? :P

Vigile - you were such a good boy! :twitch: I am going to give you 3 Medals for this! You deserve it! (somebody's got to reward you!) :Look:

1.:Medal:

2.:Medal:

3.:Medal:

I always felt guilty because due to my shyness I was never able to "lead someone to the lord."

About 20 years ago I remember how I believed the world was controlled by Satan.

In 1995 I got confirmed into the Episcopal Church.

Its embarrassing more than stupid or crazy (well maybe the Satan thing is crazy) but that's all I've got.

Like a lot of people, I refused sex as a Christian, wanting to be that pure temple of the Lord. And I had a LOT of offers and proposals too! Most were from women. Christian women. Whose husbands were deacons or lacked that 'special power of the Holy Spirit.' Of course the older I got, the fewer the offers but now that I am older and much wiser, I am searching for addresses of those who wanted mad, prehistoric, biblical apocalyptic earth-shattering sex. Anyone who wants to be added to the data base, PM me. Once I was young and foolish. Now I'm just old and getting senile.