Goodbye Jesus

My Divinstrual Cycle

decafaholic

Every single winter (usually January) since I deconverted, I've gone through a phase where I wish I could believe in God. I don't know what it is with January, but the feeling usually lasts a few weeks. I get all angsty and start thinking too much. Over lunch today, I was having a therapy session with my friend Shane, who I always talk to about this. He grinned and said "It's like you have a God period! Your Divinstrual Cycle!"

It's like once a year, I get cosmically lonely. So, I'm going through my "god period" right now and it sucks.

Maybe you are SAD this time of year because you have Seasonal Affective Disorder.

“Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year, experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year.” More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

(edited to correct URL)

Maybe you are SAD this time of year because you have Seasonal Affective Disorder.

“Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year, experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year.” More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

(edited to correct URL)

OMG this makes so much sense! :Doh: I feel so silly now. It reminds me of back when I was first deconverting and I started having nightmares every night. The nightmares continued for months and months. I thought it was spiritual warfare (eye roll) but it turned out to be a side effect of the anti-depressant I was on. My church raised me to think that every feeling a person experiences is either caused by God or a lack of God. I didn't realize I was still carrying around that belief with me 3 yrs after deconverting.

.........and this is why we need each other ;)