Goodbye Jesus

Thank You

Guest Sunnigirl

Guest Sunnigirl

Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to those on this forum and this site in general who have been welcoming and have given good advice during my time of thinking I was de-converting. It was a help to have this site here.

However, having looked at things I find myself coming to a different conclusion to many of you. I have re-found my faith in the existence of a God, and Jesus as his Son. Given this is an ex Christian site it is no longer appropriate for me to continue to be here, or to express my views. If anyone is interested in finding out more about what happened in my journey and how I came to this conclusion then please read my blog, http://patch-work-blog.blogspot.com/

I also wish to say how deeply saddened and angered by the stories of abuse, and hatred from no-called followers of Jesus against many people here. It strikes me as being very ungodly behaviour.

Thank you again. I wish you all peace

Julie

Be well, Julie. Good luck on your journey.

Phanta

Goodbye and best of luck to you.

-Rob

Frankly, I can't care much about you as I don't even know who you are, but I hope, for the sake of greater good, that you can be fully yourself among your Christians.

Nice try, unfortunately its extremely obvious your conversion was only an act.

Please close your account and stay in the websites that are geared for the delusional...(ungodly behaviour) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :lmao:

Julie,

I am happy for you that you have found a resolution to the conflict that has bothered you for at least a year. I read part of your blog and it seems like you have asked yourself a lot of important questions, which is good.

I was a little taken aback by the slain in the spirit episode - that would not have been permissible in the type of Christianity I came out of .

The one thing that puzzles me is why this must be an "either-or" proposition - either Bible God or total atheism. Anyway, I can see that you have given the matter some careful thought. Good luck and best wishes. We are here if you want to talk again.

Guest Sunnigirl

Julie,

I am happy for you that you have found a resolution to the conflict that has bothered you for at least a year. I read part of your blog and it seems like you have asked yourself a lot of important questions, which is good.

I was a little taken aback by the slain in the spirit episode - that would not have been permissible in the type of Christianity I came out of .

The one thing that puzzles me is why this must be an "either-or" proposition - either Bible God or total atheism. Anyway, I can see that you have given the matter some careful thought. Good luck and best wishes. We are here if you want to talk again.

Thanks for the good wishes. The 'either - or' thing - It was the existence of a God I was doubting, not how to worship him. I have studied other religions over the years and had already been convinced that if there was a God, then it was the God of the Bible.

I am closing my account here now.

Thanks again for any support.

Julie

Idk about the rest of you, but "how" to worship the god I used to believe in, was the MOST important question. My study found the bible to be unreliable crap that just so happened to be very popular unreliable crap. I'm the opposite. I think maybe there is a god of some sort, but just not the petty, vindictive version in the bible.

Thanks for the good wishes. The 'either - or' thing - It was the existence of a God I was doubting, not how to worship him. I have studied other religions over the years and had already been convinced that if there was a God, then it was the God of the Bible.

I am closing my account here now.

Thanks again for any support.

Julie

Interesting Julie never had any doubts about how to worship, but of the existence of the thing she was worshiping. Seems turned around to me, but I guess I won't get any more explanation since she's now gone.

Just curious.

Hi, "Sister", if you allow me to call you so.

When I read you story, I thought: oh, that's too bad, you'd better to go back! Though I wouldn't be back, I'm so glad to see that your God had worked for you again, that's great!

All the best

• Super Moderator

From her blog:

I am definitely on the way back to finding some kind of faith again. The relief is huge! Following on from my last post, I finally realised the futility of trying to work out with just reason if there was a God.

Abandon reason and believe the unreasonable!

Obviously, some people aren't happy unless they have a belief in magic even if they know it is an unreasonable position as this one does. It seems that many people want so badly to think there is a god they will take the leap of faith that tells us fairies don't exist until we believe in them.

I see it all the time, but I still don't understand embracing unfounded beliefs while recognizing it goes against reason.

From her blog:

I am definitely on the way back to finding some kind of faith again. The relief is huge! Following on from my last post, I finally realised the futility of trying to work out with just reason if there was a God.

Abandon reason and believe the unreasonable!

Obviously, some people aren't happy unless they have a belief in magic even if they know it is an unreasonable position as this one does. It seems that many people want so badly to think there is a god they will take the leap of faith that tells us fairies don't exist until we believe in them.

I see it all the time, but I still don't understand embracing unfounded beliefs while recognizing it goes against reason.

I just read her blog. That was me - at least 10 times! If she even started to question like I did - it will never be the same for her. I always went back and stayed just long enough until Those questions started driving me crazy again.

Although - I do wish her well and happiness!