Goodbye Jesus

I am pleased

Wotanaz

Exactly!  Funny how it's obvious and transparent to everyone else.

I like the LEAP from Creator of The Universe, The ENTIRE Universe, And everything in it.  Set up a construction area with stars strung out as lights, until he was able to create the light source Sun AFTER doing the Earth, all the way down to the Garden and giving a shit about us ANTS. 

Yup. And considering that the proof of the size of universe is completely indisputable, and the light must have traveled for billions of years to hit Earth from the objects furthest away. So the universe is extremely old, unless God created all the lights in travel in space, and all the supernovas etc that actually never really happened, but were just fakes, so God could fool us into believing the universe was bigger and older than it actually was... meaning, God would intentionally mislead us, which is a sign of an evil mind, not loving.

Or does He also care about every single ant too?  Do the ants pray in mass for that big sole to not flaten them like paper?  Aw, didn't work this time, but the one writing the ant folklore was one of the survivors.

Of course, Adam Ant came first... :HaHa:

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotanaz

• Ouroboros

• MQTA

• crazy-tiger

Why do Christians whine to us that nobody "knows God" or his "plan" and yet turn around and proceed to tell us that they know God and what his plan does and does not include?  Do they really mean "nobody but me" or what?

If I say "according to this perspective, God's an asshole" and a Christian comes back and tells me "nobody can know God" and therefore my statement is moot, shouldn't that also make their position of "God's NOT an asshole" moot as well?

I don't get it.  The lack of logic is killing me.  :twitch:   :vent:

I think a whole lot of Christians come in here in "preaching to the heathen" mode and automatically assume that none of us are as acquainted with Christianity as they. It's a disgusting assumption; oftentimes it is our detailed knowledge of Christianity that helped motivate us to leave.

Anyway, by their "reasoning", we can't possibly know their Extra Special Ghod, not even if we spent decades serving his nonexistent self. Otherwise, we'd still be happily kissing his tuckus. :Wendywhatever:

Yup. And considering that the proof of the size of universe is completely indisputable, and the light must have traveled for billions of years to hit Earth from the objects furthest away. So the universe is extremely old, unless God created all the lights in travel in space, and all the supernovas etc that actually never really happened, but were just fakes, so God could fool us into believing the universe was bigger and older than it actually was... meaning, God would intentionally mislead us, which is a sign of an evil mind, not loving.

I won't say at what age that it hit me that Each and Every Star you see out there has the potential for what, 5, maybe 9 or 10, maybe more, could be less, planets, in orbit? Every Single One of them. One night it hit me, wait a sec! Wow. Doh! Just because this system seemingly only has thriving life on one planet, doesn't mean that there aren't others that may have more. Who really knows.

And every planet could have something there. We adapted to the imperfections of our environment, who knows what can brew on others. We can't see probably 1/2 the life on this planet, maybe even more than that. Microscopic, way under the oceans, at the poles, and indivdually, in 99.9999% of the rest of the planet.

There's shit living in all sorts of environments. Doesn't mean WE are there, not for very long anyway. There's plenty of life hanging out by the Titanic. We can only go there for very limited amounts of time with very careful planning.

And I think most of us will never experience anything from anywhere else in this universe. I don't know what those UFO stories are all about, but zipping back and forth, I don't think so. Some beings may have gotten here some how, the Sumerian tales are pretty wild. Who really knows.

I really don't know what truly IS.. but there's been a lot of things in the last year I can CROSS off the lis :crucified: as not being feasible.

Are you Adamant about that?

I think a whole lot of Christians come in here in "preaching to the heathen" mode and automatically assume that none of us are as acquainted with Christianity as they. It's a disgusting assumption; oftentimes it is our detailed knowledge of Christianity that helped motivate us to leave.

Anyway, by their "reasoning", we can't possibly know their Extra Special Ghod, not even if we spent decades serving his nonexistent self. Otherwise, we'd still be happily kissing his tuckus.  :Wendywhatever:

That was unexpected when I noticed that the Ex's, Atheists, Buddhists and nonChristians knew more about the mechanism of the Bible.

I realize they know the Bible, as in they know which chapters and verses to memories, what to say during services, when... Rote, rote, training and rote. When I sit in a funeral I get wierd visions of WWII movies. The discipline is phenomenal. When to say what and how, standing, sitting, lining up, smiling, praising, everything. They ARE robotic aren't they?

That was unexpected when I noticed that the Ex's, Atheists, Buddhists and nonChristians knew more about the mechanism of the Bible.

I realize they know the Bible, as in they know which chapters and verses to memories, what to say during services, when... Rote, rote, training and rote.  When I sit in a funeral I get wierd visions of WWII movies.  The discipline is phenomenal.  When to say what and how, standing, sitting, lining up, smiling, praising, everything.  They ARE robotic aren't they?

I used to call it "Catholic Calisthenics". Stand-sit-kneel-recitethesameshitaslastweek! Stand-sit-kneel-recitethesameshitaslastweek!

Near the end, when I was losing my faith, I started wondering if God found this all as tedious and pointless as I did....

Or does He also care about every single ant too?  Do the ants pray in mass for that big sole to not flaten them like paper?  Aw, didn't work this time, but the one writing the ant folklore was one of the survivors.

AN6F5B1.gif

Bad joke... BAD JOKE!

I used to call it "Catholic Calisthenics". Stand-sit-kneel-recitethesameshitaslastweek! Stand-sit-kneel-recitethesameshitaslastweek!

Near the end, when I was losing my faith, I started wondering if God found this all as tedious and pointless as I did....

(IIRC) It was Augustine in the 3d or 4th century that developed that procedure, besides many other basic theological ideas. I think he was the one that finally set the "trinity" doctrine in stone. And he was a jerk, and terrible and he was the first one to persecute and torture other "heretic" Christians. He pretty much set the tone for the wars and inquisition later on.

(IIRC) It was Augustine in the 3d or 4th century that developed that procedure, besides many other basic theological ideas. I think he was the one that finally set the "trinity" doctrine in stone. And he was a jerk, and terrible and he was the first one to persecute and torture other "heretic" Christians. He pretty much set the tone for the wars and inquisition later on.

AND he's responsible for a lot of sore knees, dammit! :HaHa:

You have to wonder why anyone as magnanomous as to create an entire universe with trillions of everythings all over it, that it would care any more than making a playground. Does the guy who built Central Park expect loyalty and praise and worship for having built it? He got his money, and he's happy.

When someone donates a park, like the 9/11 parks, do they ask those who visit it to worship them?

Ok, so God created the ENTIRE universe. Thank Him and go live your life that He made possible. That's it, He gave it to you, Go, Enjoy, Scoot. Mingle. Love. Travel. Awe. Go, this is it, there is no dress rehersal, this is it. You will never pass this way again.

"Let's see if we can make these followers do this, watch... LOL.. there they go."

Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot;

Or he can, but does not want to;

Or he cannot and does not want to.

If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent.

If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked.

But, if God both can and wants to abolish evil,

Then how come evil in the world?

--Epicurus, 350-270 BC?

There is no rule that says an all knowing being can't change their mind if they choose too.

Except for logic itself.

All-knowing includes knowing the future.

If you know the future, you know what the results of all your actions and decisions will be. You will then decide with full knowledge of the future and never have to reconsider.

In other words: Having to change your mind is perfect evidence of your being not all-knowing.

It's not that John's prayers are making a difference: god knew those prayers, and knew when they would've been uttered, well before John was born.

In other words, your gawd is a liar, because in His Inspired Word he states that all prayers will be answered.

In that case, god is not omniscient. Because there are several instances in the Old Testament where God regrets having done something, such as regretting that he made man just before he flooded the earth. Seems like god also regretted that he installed Saul as king.

How can you regret having done something, unless the outcome was something you didn't anticipate?

In that case, god is not omniscient.  Because there are several instances in the Old Testament where God regrets having done something, such as regretting that he made man just before he flooded the earth.  Seem like god also regretted that he installed Saul as king.

Indeed.

You know, I guess I'll never get why some of you humans in Midgard think that Gods must be omniscient by default.

I know I'm not omniscient. My dear wife Frigga is, but (I hope) you know how women are... I challenge you to make her speak... :shrug:

;)

Gee, I wonder if God regrets having wrote the bible. (After seeing what a mess it made of things.)

A purely loving omnibenevolent deity would surely regret having written (or having allowed that humans write) such a book.

Of course, if that deity is a sadist... or at least a habitual rabble-rouser like Loki... you get the idea. ;)