Goodbye Jesus

We Don't Have A Grandkids Thread

par4dcourse

.......I thought I'd start a thread if there's any interest. I have 5 of the little beggars, from 11 down to 4, plus two more that aren't blood (wife's) that have known me as paw-paw all their lives.

Enough old geezers around to make a thread? Pictures and why yours are the best and such?

• Super Moderator

My husband is called Paw-Paw too. I'm Mee-Mee. Our daughter/SiL have 2 boys, ages 7 and 11. My son/DiL have a 3-yr old boy and a baby girl who will turn one this spring.

We all live within 30 or so miles of each other -- close enough to see each other as often as we want -- usually every week PageofCupsBounce99.gif

and far enough away that there are no spontaneous visits wanting us to babysit unexpectedly.

phew.gif

Love 'em to pieces.

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think, "Hey, I don't have grandkids, either!!!" And then my brain turns the corner.

• 1 month later...

I became a grandparent for the first time last year. Still trying to get my head around it. My grandson Louay is a delightful little man, but lives in South Korea where I live in Australia. I have seen him twice in the first six months of his life though. Still don't feel old enough to be a Ma, and my ex-husband has chosen Grumpy as his grandpa name. In Australia it is usually nanny and poppy, but we don't much like either of those.

No grandkids yet but my dad's got more than 20 grandkids and around a dozen great grandchildren and I think we now have at least one great-great grandchild. He inherited them when my step-mother passed away last year. Sometimes going to see him is like wading through a big day-care center, kids everywhere.

Wife's 6 yo granddaughter Lanie spends a lot of weekends here . She's likes to watch Wheel of Fortune with me. I have a blast with her.

Saturday is usually a repeat of a recent show, so I know most of the puzzles. I let one or maybe two letters get guessed, then I confidently tell Lanie, "oh, I know that one, it's blah." I wait for a couple more letters to come up then I say "ok, I'm going to try to mind beam the right letters to the next guy." I "send" him a letter or two which of course he gets, then announce, "ok, I like him, I'm going to send him the answer" and of course I do so.

She knows I'm BS'ing her, but she still hasn't figured out how. Paw-paw's still a genius, at least for another week.GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 1

Just found out my son and DIL are expecting number three. I asked if they hadn't figured out what caused that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Par, how wonderful!

I have one lil peanut who's just over 2 months old. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Moved to Ex-Christian Life, think subject and pics more appropriate in the more "family" area of Board.

kevinL

• 2 weeks later...

One grandson that will turn one year old in about six weeks. Thankfully my daughter and son-in-law have ditched the religion thing, so it will be interesting watching him grow up.