Goodbye Jesus

End Times Prophecy

Randi

This article below helped me. By the way - apparently there is no word in the Bible called 'the rapture'. It's a million dollar money making phrase.

Subject: The End Times

http://www.evilbible.com/end_times.htm

Guest I Love Dog

End Times: My feeling is that is was a prophecy for the end of Christianity. The prophets knew it would happen one day! Well, we can hope, can't we?

:wicked:

End times talk, from any quarter, makes Me extremely nervous. There is almost certainly at least one person on this planet who actually wants it to happen and who would, given sufficient resources, make it happen.

Generation after generation after generation (etc) of believers has interpreted "end times prophecies" to be about their generation. Those believers have been wrong 100% of the time, and the nonbelievers have been right 100% of the time. Hmmmm.....

What unraveled prophecy for me was studying the NT claims of fulfilled OT prophecies, in which I realized that over and over and over again the NT authors took OT texts completely out of context in order to fabricate prophetic fulfillments. That completely undermined NT authority, which of course rendered Revelation void. It's all a big, fat sham.

The way I see it, IF there were an all-knowing god and there was some kind of end-time, it wouldn't make any difference to me. I'm not lowering my values to obey a god such as I have learned about from the bible and church teachings. That god is so contradictory that it's probably more likely that hell is actually the good place and he was just tryin' to fool us into following him.

OR, if there is no god but some lunatic fundy thinks god has told him to bring the world to an end...well, if he or she succeeds, we won't be alive for it to matter any more anyway. Que sera sera.

What unraveled prophecy for me was studying the NT claims of fulfilled OT prophecies, in which I realized that over and over and over again the NT authors took OT texts completely out of context in order to fabricate prophetic fulfillments. That completely undermined NT authority, which of course rendered Revelation void. It's all a big, fat sham.

That and the fact that a lot of the OT is just plain fable anyway! Revelation only narrowly missed not being in the NT at all...

End times teaching is what got me into Christianity in the first place 25 years ago.

Now it has absolutely no impact on me whatsoever.

I still struggle with the fiery hell doctrine at times but that is getting better.

Jaded Atheist-- you pretty much hit on all of my endtime worries in one post!!-- I have spent countless hours worrying about temples and microchips and all of the possible scenarios. While the temple might someday be rebuilt in some sort of fashion, you still have to have an evil person set themsself in it (as a god or to control worship) to make supposed prophecies come true-- (I personally think this was fulfilled by Antiochus and then rehashed when the world did not end like Daniel said it would!) As I said in an earlier post, the most likely outcome of any temple rebuilding would just be another building in the Middle East that causes problems. The Muslims would likely threaten to blow it up constantly, and the Rabbis would probably fight over who gets to do what, and sacrifice what, etc. that it would end up a big headache more than anything-- like a lot of things in religion!!

With the microchips, this is another big hit point for endtimers--because of the possiblity of monitoring and of course the possibility of them being placed in bodies. As Overcame Faith can attest, I have spent lots of time worrying about this one, in fact, that is what led me to this site to begin with. Again, for microchips to fulfill any type of supposed prophecy, they would litereally have to be placed in right hands or foreheads. I would hope that if we ever get to the point of putting microchips in our bodies, that these would be the two places that would be avoided, just due to the pandemonium that might be caused by such an idea. Any good business stratigist--not in league with the devil of couse-- would certainly realize that any association with the mark of the beast is not a good idea. So, my thought on this issue is to not worry about it until I am somehow forced to place one in my right hand or forehead by some evil dictator who wants to be worshipped. Any other spot--left hand, arm, shoulder, forearm, etc. is fair game! I also think that any monitoring that could be done by microchips would be used by people who want to sell us things, much like telemarketing did for telephones-- again, unless they are in league with the devil, not as nefarious as the endtimers would like us to believe.

Like so many people have already said, everything can be twisted to be some sort of prophetic fulfillment-- or not. So, these things can also be twisted in such ways to look just like the end of days are here-- along with anything happening in the Middle East, etc. As long as people don't disappear from the earth, no one set himself up as a god and demands to be worshipped as such, and the two witnesses haven't been slain in the streets, we are probably going to be in the same boat as everyone else who thought they were living in the end times-- when it doesn't happen, we make up something else.

Also, if you end up determining that the scriptures themselves are bunk, it definitely takes the worrying away.

Honestly, I found all "end times" and "rapture" talk to be right up there with David Icke's reptilian shadow government. Batshit insane.

But there is a legitimate concern from this unrest, and it's that Fundamentalist Islamic governments will get stronger and entrenched. And hello WW3. I hope it never happens. But, it's a possibility.

But that I won't get to fly up into heaven with Jeebus and escape being human on earth? Pfffft.

I won't belabor the points others have made about previous end-time predictions and that humans have always fought. That's how life is.

Of course, I know how what is taught to you can get lodged in there for a long time. I still have self-esteem issues, and still sometimes get a "your thoughts and feelings are evil" blip from my brain, tied to that whole "sin in your heart" nonsense.

It gets better. But you were brainwashed. It will take time.

• Super Moderator

I don't see how the so called End Times Prophecies are any different than a terrorist threat.

"You people of Earth have had your chance. You did not kiss my invisible ass enough. Now I will kill you, your children, your dog, the fetus you're carrying, all the birds and squirrels, every living thing on the planet. You will all die in the most horrendous ways imaginable. Thus say I, the Lord."

I'm sure the "End" has been foretold ever since Man witnessed the first eclipse or volcanic eruption. Natural disasters occur in clusters and heighten the fear of a prophecy come true, but they are still natural disasters. To predict there will be earthquakes and wars takes no special ability. Floods happen all the time and always have. The Jesus character promised to return before his contemporaries had all passed - that was more than 2,000 years ago, according to legend.

There are many global disasters that have happened in the past and some will no doubt happen again at some period. More powerful weapons make our self destruction a possibility now. It is the natural course of things, and to fear a prophecy that says bad things will happen at some point is to fear life itself.

All of this talk aof unrest in the middle East always brings the crazies out of the woodwork. People inevitably start to tak of fulfillment of Biblical prophecy and the tribulation, etc. I have a confession: It makes me incredibly uneasy. It quite frankly scares the shit out of me. What if we're wrong and suddenly the rapture does occur? I know this is a scare tactic to bring people to "salvation" but just thae fact that people I know and love believe this to be my fate makes me fearful. Anyone else deal with this? Keep in mind that I'm only 3 months out of the faith. Please tell me it gets better with time.

It got better for me as time went on. Some people do go back to the religion. The church doctrines concerning tribulation, rapture, came from theology or religious 'theories' used to develop church doctrines. The doctrines of the rapture and tribulation is the result of church traditional teaching that goes back to around the 1100s or earlier. Most of this doctrine is due to the book of Revelation. I have not seen an honest doctrine of truth out of the christian church but doctrines based on fear of the unknown. Christianity hasn't gotten anything right in over two thousand years so I am not worried about anything like the rapture. There will always be tribulation, which are persecutions, famines, war, tsunamis, and govt. collapses. We are stuck between two warring factions now, Christians and Muslims, both of whom would rather destroy this planet than see the other become the ruling class. We suffered under the Christian church for over 900 years in the Dark Ages. Islam is now becoming a religious power as strong as xtianity in fundamental lunacy. The only rapture will be a nuclear war with these idiots pushing the buttons. Because neither side knows who the True God™ is, I have serious doubts that the xtian claim they will be raptured out before a great tribulation. Every day is a tribulation. Turmoil and strife mostly due to religions. The only thing I can say is to live every day like there will be a tomorrow because even if humans kill each other, life will still go forward on this planet as it did in the days of dinosaurs without humans to interfere. Maybe we will evolve again in a few million years after we blow each other up? Life does not have to be human life to have purpose. If we kill ourselves then we selected ourselves for extinction and natural selection is played out to the end of the human race. Maybe dolphins and African gray parrots will evolve into better beings of responsibility and caretakers of the earth we take for granted? Prophecy is as reliable as fortune telling.

Very well put Zero! :clap:

Yeah like Psalms 22 and Isaiah 7.

Or most anything the writer of Matthew linked to.

The Jesus character promised to return before his contemporaries had all passed - that was more than 2,000 years ago, according to legend.

It's technically less than 2,000 years, just not by much. ;)

Having been raised with a lot of End Times beliefs, I still find them difficult to shake off sometimes. Silly Dad and his Texe Marrs books...

Only in 'murika?

With the microchips, this is another big hit point for endtimers--because of the possiblity of monitoring and of course the possibility of them being placed in bodies.

I wanted to touch on this as maybe a help to escape this madness.

Part of the the "end ov daze" as I like to call it is that EVERYONE both small and great free and bond et al MUST receive a MARK and at this juncture it the mindset of the woo woos, it IS the CHIP or BIOCHIP or whatever the next technological release of the day is.

Living in the USA or even here in SA to a point, it seems plausible. However, this marking of the world populace has to take place in a matter of 3-1/2 to 7 years and we are talking close to 7Bn folk now.

I did an exercise in a debate with a fundie to illustrate how this particular feat is unachievable. Move away from the paradigm of your own comfort zone an d move into mid Africa, India, or China where close to half the population of the world resides. Take the ability of one person to actually mark a human per time frame and multiply that out, divide that into the wold population, or half for that matter, add into the equation a period of 7 years.

You should get to the the amount of markers that would be required. Now for every marker, there has to be at least two hunters as the folk are not going to queue up for this and even if they do, not all folk would be there. Once you have this number multiply it by 1.5 as far as support staff logistics etc. Take this final number of folk and multiply this by a salary of a private in an army, I used $1500 as an average not knowing what military folk in the US earn.

Once you discover that almost the entire US population would be needed to mark the wurld, we can then move onto the demographics of actually doing the monitoring, the infrastructure required to install point of sale at every conceivable marketplace in the world and the manpower need to make that happen not to mention that many places, birth and death records are still not computerized. You remember that w/o teh mark no one can buy or sell.

Depending on your math, the answers you will arrive at will pose the question "who is going to pay for it?"

Even though the US is in debt to the tune of 12+ trillion, who else has the wherewithall to actually carry this task out. Who other than the US are peddling this end time shit?

This part of the dogma is central to the end ov daze teaching (read:indoctrination) The rapture will take place before it becomes mandatory for xians to "take teh mark"

So depending on if you are a pre-tribulation, mid tribulation, or post tribulation woo woo will affect the math quite severely.

Oh and btw, the woo woos are pretty fucked up in their thinking as bioscans of thumbprints retina scans are a more secure technology and teh mark(s) are already installed, and only need recording which can now be done at birth wrt the fingerprints. Then of course there is DNA which by all accounts is unique per individual.

So one could lick a scanner to pay for the groceries at walmart, scan a fingerprint etc. Now these marks are of course gawd made so that cannot be it, it has to be the chip which btw has been around since the eighties as THE MARK.

Like most stuff in woowoodom, due to a lack of edukayshun or simple logic, it takes them awhile to update their doom 'n gloom stories to fit with where science actually is.

Oh I nearly forgot, we also need either samurai warriors for beheading those that refuse of operators of madame guillotine not to mention the vehicles, fuel, maintenance etc. for all the would be markers.

Pose these questions to any fundie and see what answers they come up with?

Simple math prevents jeebus from cumming again. :HaHa:

• Like 1

Oh and btw, the woo woos are pretty fucked up in their thinking as bioscans of thumbprints retina scans are a more secure technology and teh mark(s) are already installed, and only need recording which can now be done at birth wrt the fingerprints. Then of course there is DNA which by all accounts is unique per individual.

never really thought of biometric monitoring as a refutation of this (frankly ridiculous) argument. Well done....

• Super Moderator

Only in 'murika?

With the microchips, this is another big hit point for endtimers--because of the possiblity of monitoring and of course the possibility of them being placed in bodies.

I wanted to touch on this as maybe a help to escape this madness.

Part of the the "end ov daze" as I like to call it is that EVERYONE both small and great free and bond et al MUST receive a MARK and at this juncture it the mindset of the woo woos, it IS the CHIP or BIOCHIP or whatever the next technological release of the day is.

Living in the USA or even here in SA to a point, it seems plausible. However, this marking of the world populace has to take place in a matter of 3-1/2 to 7 years and we are talking close to 7Bn folk now.

< snipped >

So one could lick a scanner to pay for the groceries at walmart, scan a fingerprint etc. Now these marks are of course gawd made so that cannot be it, it has to be the chip which btw has been around since the eighties as THE MARK.

Like most stuff in woowoodom, due to a lack of edukayshun or simple logic, it takes them awhile to update their doom 'n gloom stories to fit with where science actually is.

Oh I nearly forgot, we also need either samurai warriors for beheading those that refuse of operators of madame guillotine not to mention the vehicles, fuel, maintenance etc. for all the would be markers.

Pose these questions to any fundie and see what answers they come up with?

Simple math prevents jeebus from cumming again. :HaHa:

I like the way you think! Great post.

Damn fine post! Thanks for all the answers peeps. I was just feeling uneasy the other day after a friend of mine posted on FaceBook how she was excited to see how the turmoil in Egypt plays out in end times prophecy. The thought just got under my skin.

If she likes the turmoil in Egypt so damn much, why doesn't she go there and get right in the middle of it?

It's a scare tactic pure and simple--a scare tactic that is incredibly poorly written. Geez, mix it up a bit why don't you.

I decided to do the math and show how stupid this concept is

1 troop can mark say one person every minute. Inserting a chip is not done with one of those fancy pneumatic injection machines. We shall assume he has an assistant that preps the injections (2 people)

Thus 2 people can mark 480 people per day taking an 8 hour working period. This of course assumes that all the folk are already queued up for the majik mark.

7 Billion is 7 with 000 000 000

Thus 7Bn folk would take (ideally) 14,583,333.34 mandays to mark

We need to accomplish this feat in 3-1/2 to 7 years = 365 x 7 = 2555 days

Thus 14,583,334 ÷ 2555 = 5700 pairs of markers = 11400 markers

Now that is fine and dandy and does not sound too bad?

Well we need a platoon per pair (using the minumum of 16 for a platoon which would be 4 Humvees too)

That is 18 folk for a squad. Multiply that by 5700 = 102,000 troops.

Now even that number is very plausible. But we have 22800 HumVees out in the field that need gas.

Now we start adding to the mix, the logistic support. We have a tanker truck which say services 4 squads and has 4 personnel per truck. That is 1425 trucks with another 5700 troops

Troops = 107,700.

The salaries assuming all are only getting $1.5k pm is $162M pm which is 1.944Bn pa and a total salary bill of $13.6Bn over a 7 year period

When you start to extrapolate this for 3 sets of folk to allow for R&R and the obvious logistic nightmare of getting all that diesel to the drop zones with helicopters and all the rest thrown into the mix, and all the support staff back home, you end up with an exercise that will probably exceed your current national debt.

When you factor in that there are probably no roads in many of the areas you reduce the number of HumVees, increase the number of helicopters and troops you will eventually get to a deployment of in excess of 3M troops with at least a support base of another million folk

Now I am sure that the USA is capable of deploying an army of 4M but just look what ±150k troops in Iraq and Afghanistan cost you monthly? Isn't it 20Bn per month?

We are talking here of a force 20 times larger that is $400Bn per month extrapolated and a total cost of $33.6Tr over the 7 years

Feeding this many folk becomes a challenge and thus the premise of 480 folk marked per day reduces and the size of the force increases to still conclude this in 7 years.

Now that is the marking taken care of.

We now need to install network infrastructures probably cellphone networks to the remotest of areas and POS systems at every marketplace in the world. Cell towers need to be built, batteries shipped, solar powered chargers. This would probably be another 2M folk earning probably 5 times the grunt's pay together with all the logistics of manufacturing of towers, servers etc. etc.

We are already well past the ridiculous as this ALL has to be concluded in a matter of 84 months. A global project and yeah it it all going to run smooth, fair weather, no monsoons nor snowstorms etc.

Now in the first half of this project, all is guud and well then jeebus releases his shitstorm of judgments and the markers will be trying to avoid 120lb hailstones, that btw is bigger than a sack of cement, plus the water all turns to blood so we need some serious filtration to water purification, as 6M deployed folk consume a minimum of 2l (about 4 pints) of water daily that is 12Megalitres = 12000 Cubic metres water = 12000 tons of water DAILY (MINIMUM) - Oh fuck! More trucks and people.

Of course, there will be water on site but it takes time to carry it from the nearest river/well.

See, the more reality one factors in, the more the timeline has to go out, the costs to go up and the number of troops top go up. The timeline is fixed gratuitously at 7 years but if you are serious about revelation, this timescale effectively has to be halved before all hell breaks loose from teh heavens.

Of course, in this whole scenario, there is absolutely no resistance but we know that there will be, add another 6M combat troops plus everyone that supports that effort.

And I have only just got started and we are already at a force of about 15M folk, yeah that is real easy to coordinate isn't it?

An they call us unbelievers crazy???? :scratch:

• Like 1

Here'n There, awesome post :D I would have never thought to do that, because it just sounded nuts to start with. Then I read Revelations for myself, and thought "this sounds like a total acid trip, slaughtered lamb running around with a scroll, someone with bronze feet, some crazy bitch riding on around something more fucked up than a hydra, srsly, wtf."

But, I was already on my way out. And there is a theory that John, being on Patmos, found some of those magic mushrooms that grow there. Maybe it WAS a trip!

I voted yes, although I do acknowledge that it's probably because of my years in so-bap christian school. When year 2000 rolled around they were suggesting that was gonna be it. Then after that passed (and I was noteably relieved that we were all still alive), literally the first day back in school after the new year break, my science teacher (who later became the principle of the school) opens class with, "Some say the new millenium doesn't actually come until 2001, so be prepared," so I proceeded to stress that entire year that the end times were coming the next year. Then of course after that they said it would be 2003, and so on and so forth.

I see the massively unrealistic nature of the claims, but I think I stayed scared so constantly that now when I hear it that same old fear kinda sneaks up on me.

Probably the biggest mind fuck is/was the idea that you may not be pure enough to make the rupture when it happens. The vestal virgins story being key to this scenario, the other crapola from the grosspills of one in the field being taken and one not etc. There is a vid on UToob where friends play a prank on a teenage girls and vanish out a restaurant and she comes back from the john and see's sweaters her friends had on but no one in site, the trauma she goes though is not really funny and is pretty sick, she missed the rapture because she needed to pee. My guess she was 15-17 and this doctrine so well entrenched in her psyche. When they all reappeared, she was not amused and started crying. the things folk do fer laughs eh?

The idea that you could miss teh rupture keeps you pretty much in bondage bowing to the whims and will of the church. This whole doctrine scared me into woowoodumb but once in I was purdy sure I was safe and my ticket secure.

This all is an anticipation of events that will never transpire. The ME issues of cours are ALWAYS a sign but like I have already illustrated, its all been done before many times w/o an outcome. I personally think the Israelis play on this fear-factor to their own advantage. Nowadays it only appears to be the US followed loosely by the UK that provide support to Israel. We used to trade armaments with them in the apartheid era but the new dispensation have closer ties to the eastern block seeing those were their allies in the freedom struggle. Israel does not even come on our radar screens here unless they decide to bomb the shit out of the Palestinians.

Like I have summarized elsewhere, your Hollywood, Politics and Religion all have very blurred borders. Everyone is an entertainer and a doomsayer these days. Cannot risk the idea of the sheeple starting to think for themselves now can we? At the risk of sounding antisemitic, who pulls the purse strings of these three pillars of the US society?

During the last debacle in Israel I participated on Aljezeera's forums and was amazed how concerted the Israeli apologists were trying to pull a global mind fuck on everyone participating, what was more amazing is how many US citizens agreed with them. I didn't take sides but if one is sympathetic to the Palestinian "cause" you do draw some heavy crossfire. What is even more amazing is how much of this end time shit the Israelis know and use on the gullible. No different to debating fundies. The forum was heavily moderated so saying what really was on your mind was subjective to the whims of the network moderator on duty.

The point I am trying to make is there is an ongoing concerted effort to win the minds and hearts of the common plebs like us.

All three Abrahamic religions expect the return of a messiah that will knock the shit out of the opposition then reestablish a kingdom of peace and goodwill in the huge cat litter box known as Israel.

Bear in mind, most if not all of these prophesies need to play out in that sandpit all the while the majority of Israelis are secular apart from the orthodox camp. There has been much talk of reintroducing animal sacrifice and the rebuilding of Solomon's temple which unfortunately houses the dome of the rock muslims temple built on the ruins of the temple destroyed in 70CE, this being the second most holy site outside of Mecca. All the jews now have is the wailing wall. Muslims with knowledge have place a graveyard at the eastern gate where jeebus is supposed to return and the thinking is he cannot reenter Jerusalem via this route due to some bad karma this graveyard presents. Pretty funny how serious they take this shit eh? Oh the animal sacrifice proposal was effectively banned by the animal rights folk and all the pomp and ceremony of breeding the just right red heifer means squat. The temple rebuilders have decided to use an adjacent hillock which effectively puts the entire prophetic crap regarding the temple as unfulfillable. IIRC this is covered in Daniel 3 too lazy to check.

In this new and improved temple will be a edifice of teh auntiechrist which we all allegedly will pay homage to. Suggested to be a hologram. Odd that the woo woos don't get it that b/c we do not believe in their imaginary friends, why on earth would we pay homage to a counterfeit version of that imaginary friend? I mean, we all know that will not be kosher and will be setting ourselves up for some serious hereafter shit IF any of this delusion were true, not like we never read their wholly babble now is it?

In their minds, they have been programed to believe us heathens will be the markers and operators of beheading machines for those refusing their equally imaginary marks of teh beast.

This auntichrist will be such a smooth talker and will appeal to both sides of the religious divide, Obama fits this portrayal quite nicely and of course he is both muslim, christian, half white (only just) and does appear to not be taking sides. Unfortunately, he is not semetic, meaning he has to come from the sandpit of the ME.

All this does is create oodles of scripts for Hollywood to play with and further the fears in the populace.

O the auntiechrist has to confer a 7 year peace treaty between Israel and their neighbors, this is THE sign.The only one IMO who is a smooth enough taker from that region is the king of Jordan, British education and pretty much a people's king or so we are led to believe. Can't see woo woos bowing down to him quite soon. I say woo woos b/c anyone that has tossed xianity will only share a mild fascination with these events were they to transpire. It is the true beleevurs that will be deceived, after all it is they that are anticipating the the wedding supper of the lamb not us. Personally I don't give a shit who the a/c may or may not be, I used to worry but that was when I was in the grips of woowoodumb. Ironically a/c is the acronym for air conditioner, maybe he will be breath of fresh air :lmao:

Are these woo woos all going to trek to Israel? Imagine being one of the rapture ready retards living next to a railways station with them trumpet sounding hooters must be hell.

You cannot make this shit up! Oh I just did :HaHa:

There is a vid on UToob where friends play a prank on a teenage girls and vanish out a restaurant and she comes back from the john and see's sweaters her friends had on but no one in site, the trauma she goes though is not really funny and is pretty sick, she missed the rapture because she needed to pee. My guess she was 15-17 and this doctrine so well entrenched in her psyche. When they all reappeared, she was not amused and started crying. the things folk do fer laughs eh?

This is one the sickest things I have heard. Teen girls are evil. I can see some girls from my former fundie school pulling this shit.