Goodbye Jesus

I laugh, but not out of joy........

Dianka

Wow I just added TWO names to my shit list. I happens that they work in the same office - my campus health center.

I go in there and tell them about my medication problem. Too poor to affrod Adderall, too crazy to stop taking it. The doctor that prescribed the pills to me is in another state, and I haven't seen him in like a year. I am broke, and struggling again because I don't have the money for my pills any more. Mind you, I was diagnosed with ADD.

I walk in and ask if they have any information about free health agencies in the area that will continue my prescription, and the nurse I was talking to asked me why I feel I need the pills. I go through my list of reasons why I should be taking my pills, and how I have responded really well while on them.

She tells me that I would be suprised how well I could be doing if I worked out and ate right.

I do eat right.

I do work out.

30 minutes of her condescending bullshit, she sends me to the school "therapist." The therapist told me that the violent outbursts at work, eating til I puke, and general inability to get my shit together are all normal. Yes, nothing to worry about, and I should just try harder. You know, just stop getting fired from work, and just stop doing anything that is abnormal and might make me a target for getting fired.

As I stood up to leave, the "therapist" hands me a flyer that says "Beginning Yoga for College Students" and the class is instructed by her. "It will help you focus and calm down," she said.

I told her I have been doing Yoga for the last three years and walked out.

Fuckin cunts.

P.S. I have had a really hard time finding a general Physician that will help me because a few years ago, I switched doctors, and in the process of paper exchange, one of those assholes lost my entire medical record. The only reason I was able to get help from the doctor in the state I used to live is because he admitted me as an emergency. Hahaha, this is crazy. Now I bounce around paying triple what I should because the doctors that do help me don't have my history, and need to do unnecessary tests.

Surly,

Very sorry to hear. *hug*

They are butt for their know-nothing/know-it-all garbage.

Peace,

GB

Have you tried your local human services organization? Sometimes (not all of the time) you can get aid for your prescriptions. :shrug:

It's worth a shot, if you haven't tried it already.

Whoa, dude. I know that stupid medical system. It's the same with me for psych meds, whenever I have to change docs.

I totally hear your pain. And I totally wish I had some kind of solution - because not only could I offer it to you, I'd be using it myself. :banghead:

Eventually I just turn into a Bitchy McBitcherton about it and tell the doc they're fired and keep looking for someone else. But it all still sucks. :(

Thank you everyone. Fweethawt, I will try. Actually Bippy gave me a link to a DHS website that may help.

Eh, something will come through for me.

My blood was boiling though, and I haven't ever told my family about it so I just needed to blow up here.

Oh does anyone know what I could do about my medical records? I have no idea how to get a copy of them. A nurse told me I should go to the Dept. of Health, but I went on their website and found no phone number to call.

You should be able to get them from all of the organizations that treated you. Some might charge you, though.

I feel your pain... I too know the fucked up nature of our mental health care system and I have been where you are (although you seem to have run across some real bitches).

Hang in there... *hugs*

Wow I just added TWO names to my shit list. I happens that they work in the same office - my campus health center.

Hey, SM! Maybe you should settle down Spazzy McSpaz-Spaz!!!

:HaHa:

Hey, SM!  Maybe you should settle down Spazzy McSpaz-Spaz!!!

:HaHa:

You know about 5 years ago I would have agreed with you. No, nothing wrong, just me being a fuckin bitch. Shut the fuck up Diane, you are no exception to the rule. Except that telling myself that I should just pay attention and stop being weird led me to be weirder, and doing weirder things, like getting hooked on painkillers or acting out compulsively.

I have had to stop "my life" in order to get back on track one too many times. I can't be ok with doing destructive things and then spending a year correcting myself. It makes no sense.

And these bitches telling me that if I stop eating shitty food I will be happy doesn't help me. Everything they said will help me, I already do. I have been able to get through everything I have ever tried to accomplish, except the ADD.

Behavior problems and chemical imbalances don't have to make sense to people who don't have them, but people who say they are therapists should be a little more educated about the reality of any disorder.

Does it make sense that when they tell me to try to do something, and I tell them that I already do it they just tell me to " try harder"? Like Yoga. Dear, I can almost tie my body into a fuckin knot, and she tells me I am not reaping the full benifits.

When I was settled, what happened? My stupid fuckin doctors lost my records, and because I go to other doctors telling them that I am doing ok with my pills, they deny me for a variety of reasons. But I get the feeling that they think I am a junky looking for some high. GREAT!!!

A., if you have a good solution to my problem, I am all ears...

A., if you have a good solution to my problem, I am all ears...

I was kiddin, sweety. I think if nothing like the stuff you've tried works...then it could be a problem of your own perception...I really don't know. You're welcome to rant all you want about it though!

:wub:

I was kiddin, sweety.  I think if nothing like the stuff you've tried works...then it could be a problem of your own perception...I really don't know.  You're welcome to rant all you want about it though!

:wub:

Ok, I won't rip your head off....this time :Duivel7:

I don't discount the option that my perception is way off, but isn't that where the doctor should come in and set me straight about the reality of ANY problems that I have, or may have?

Why is it that I have to do ALL the research and inform my doctors instead of it being the other way around?

Is it because Adderall is one of the drugs that doctors get reprimanded for if the prescribe it too much? I would hate to think that I am not getting adequate care because of beuraucracy. But that is the nature of the beast, I suppose. If someone kills their co-workers people wonder why there was no intervention that could have prevented such a tragedy, but it takes a violent act for doctors to take anyone seroiusly. Why? Because lawmakers say that they are prescribing too many addictive medicines, and face fines if some asshole rides in on his horse and says that Dr. Gupta prescribed too much medication last year.

Adderall if I remember is kind of akin to horse tranquilizer (especially in effect), pretty potent and a lot of docs are a bit ansy with it, due to it's potency.

The top of your op showed your problem right off, you went to the campus health clinic. Nice if you need to get triaged for stitches or something like that, but I can garuntee you that they at best get too overloaded, and at worst have downright incompetent staff (from personal experience).

Not sure how to fix your situation, I find it hard to believe that they would loose your records, though loosing copies in transit seems more appropriate, if they actually lost them, however, suffice it to say, that is not a good sign.