Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Graphics

quicksand

I posted these on Bruce's transitory board.

I am posting them again cause , well, why not?

Goodbye Jesus

'cause I never saw them before?

Interesting work!

Do you write ads for a living? You have a certain talent for this.

(BTW, I love the little subheader on your lion "ad"!)

Neat talent there. Quicsand. Give me more!

I think I may change my avatar in december to this I like it :)

303769274iwNKni_ph.jpg

how about making some EAC avitars???? :)

That Logo making was fun. Maybe it should be revived?

That'd be really neat. :grin:

Great work Quicksand!

Wow, great! I hate to make a request, but some nice banner type horizontal ads similar to the Easter ad would work great on sites. Perhaps more in a series pointing out the pagan roots of xian holidays. Just an idea.

Thanks all for the compliments. I really liked AUB's humanism graphics too.

Wow, great! I hate to make a request, but some nice banner type horizontal ads similar to the Easter ad would work great on sites. Perhaps more in a series pointing out the pagan roots of xian holidays. Just an idea.

98270[/snapback]

Good idea. I could design them in Flash. :wicked: Really though, this could be an intriquing way. I suggest a good round of brainstorming by the crew here. After I read enough comments and structural ideas (ie animation) I could get started. We should try to distro them as widely as possible.

Do you write ads for a living?  You have a certain talent for this.

(BTW, I love the little subheader on your lion "ad"!)

94375[/snapback]

Oh, I've worked in design for the last decade or more. Used to edit punk rock fanzines in my salad days.

Also, I should add, that as apostates, never-were's, atheists, pagan's etc... we suffer from bad press and poor representation in the public media because we don't tell our side of the story and who we are. We've been framed, so to speak, now its time to speak for ourselves. Dr Bob Price suggest by reaching out with humor, and I quite agree. My Lion design is one such attempt, although its rather dark humor. I would love to reach out in this kind of method. Sound bites and clips.

The Non-Prophets do this with a weekly podcast. Check it out if you got iTunes 5.0 or higher. (Go to library/podcasts/religion/ then subscribe to it.)

The mission statement by Austin Atheists state that

The Atheist Community of Austin is organized as a nonprofit educational corporation to develop and support the atheist community, to provide opportunities for socializing and friendship, to promote secular viewpoints, to encourage positive atheist culture, to defend the first amendment principle of state-church separation, to oppose discrimination against atheists and to work with other organizations in pursuit of common goals.

I think that's right on and would like to take part of that being a professional designer and marketer for several years.